• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure there is . . and you won't even have to go in to "Expert mode" there . . . . . only the "individual packages" is a kind of "expert mode install" . . . YES you are getting to be a real "expert" Colin !!! :o :DTake your time . . do a good job !!B) Bruno

Boy BrunoIf only I knew where to look for the Packages it would NOT have taken so long.But the Install is on againDo I Do updates when it is offered???Colin :o

Colin . . . I am reading somewhere you should take another NET driver . . . "the forcedeth driver in place of nvnet" . . . it looks as if the problem lies there !:o Bruno

Hurray !!!Hurray !!Hurray !!!Now FISRT do the updates Colin !! . . . . Go to the MCC and do the updates . . bugfixes . . security updates and normal updates !!What did you do Colin . . was it only the ihdividual packages ??:o Bruno

Colin . . I have to know . . what did the trick ???? . . was it only the idividual packages ??:o Bruno

BrunoI haven't a CLUE but that's the way it seemsFirst I have to try a shutdown after the Updates--108MB and 53 PackagesColin :o

Great . . so reboot . . . . :o . . Or open a console and type "halt" . . . and boot up againB) Bruno

Next time do:Ctrl+Alt+F1 . . then log in as root . . and type "/usr/bin/reboot" . . or "/usr/bin/halt":o Bruno

Aaaaa that is APM !!! . . . Go to the KDE Control Center --> Power Control --> Display power control and remove the tick in the box "Enable power management"Then try this: "Ctrl+Alt+Backspace" . . this will take you back to the login screen . . there you can choose "halt" too . . . . :o Bruno

BrunoEven after remove the tick in the box "Enable power management" and "Ctrl+Alt+Backspace" . . this will take you back to the login screen . . there you can choose "halt" too . . . . it HUNG upColin