• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

No Julia went back in posts for --->>> Starting Windows 98Type the name of interpereter command (eg C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM)A>Thats what I get every timeColin :blink:

ColinAt that point, from the a:\ prompt in trying to boot into Windows I want you to type:

cd c:\

Then if you can successfully change to the c drive I want you to type:

win

and tell me what happens!Julia :blink:

I think that is correct Julia I type C:\ and back to that A>.........It is trying to access A Floppy as it boots windowsColin

No Colin!Do not type just c:\ but you must type

cd c:\

It won't change to the C drive unless you type CD first!Julia :)

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ cat /etc/fstab/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec 0 0none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0none /proc proc defaults 0 0/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$Colin

Three things:1. Post your cat /etc/fstab for Bruno2. Use the up arrow in Konqueror to the / and then click on /mnt and then on your /windows partition.3. Tell me if you see any files there after waiting a minute.Julia

See he can not browse to Windows partitionColin boot into PCLos . . and post me "cat /etc/fstab" from there !:) Bruno

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ cat /etc/fstab### entries below this line were automatically added by LiveCD installnone /proc proc defaults 0 0none /dev devfs defaults 0 0# fd: H1440none /mnt/fd0 supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,rw,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda1, size=12289662, type=11: FAT32 (primary)/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda5, size=24579387, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,co depage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda6, size=2056257, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,co depage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda7, size=20482812, type=387: Journalised FS: ReiserFS (extended)/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 reiserfs user,exec,rw,auto,notail,noatime 0 0# /dev/hda8, size=1927737, type=130: Linux swap (extended)/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0# /dev/hda9, size=18956637, type=387: Journalised FS: ReiserFS (extended)/dev/hda9 / reiserfs notail,noatime,notail,noatime 0 0# cdrom: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081Bnone /mnt/hdc supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,ro ,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0,nohide 0 0[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$Colin

BrunoLooks like it is time to edit the fstab. You want to take back over here or do you want me to go through it with him?Julia :)