• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# cat /etc/fstab/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec 0 0none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0none /proc proc defaults 0 0/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin :D

Okay . . now do this:

$ su< password ># mkdir /mnt/win_c

After that:

# kedit  /etc/fstab

You will get a window with the fstab file loaded . . . add the following line:

/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

Then SAVE the file and show me

# cat /etc/fstab

B) Bruno

But after an error screen I still continued & here it is[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# cat /etc/fstab/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec 0 0none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0none /proc proc defaults 0 0/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin

Great !!! . . Now reboot Mandrake and tell me if you see any errors during boot in the messages ( as soon as you see "press F2" on the sceen press it to see the messages )B) BrunoPS: The "mkdir /mnt/win_c" did not give any errors did it ??

BrunoIt booted flawlessly and with root as a choiceTried "esc" for verbose mode but screen just flashed and it continued with the Blue/silver bar and loadedThere was an error pop up screen after Using it in the Konsole but I just continued and a similar message in the long black konsole screenColin

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mnt/win_cautoexec.bat* bootitng.str* epsonreg/ ROXIOAUTOEXEC.BAT*bootit01.snd* bootitng.sys* epusbdrv/ scandisk.log*bootit02.snd* bootlog.prv* EyeCandyLog.txt* setupxlg.txt*bootit03.snd* bootlog.txt* inetcache/ suselive.900*bootit04.snd* command.com* install.log* suselive.txt*bootit05.snd* config.sys* io.sys* suselive.usr*bootit06.snd* default.mnu* Mozilla/ Temp/bootitng* dynebol.cfg* msdos.sys* tmp/bootitng.dat* dynebol.nst* My Documents/ vcom/bootitng.hlp* embrcrt0.und* My Pictures/ win386.swp*bootitng.mse* embrl* Program Files/ windows/bootitng.opt* epson/ recycled/ WINDOWSWININIT.INI*[root@localhost kamicota]# B) Colin

Just remember: the boot-menu:Added MandrakeAdded PCLos *Added PCLos-2426 < ----------------- Is waiting for the correct updatesAdded Mepis-24Added Mepis-26Added linux-nonfb <---------------- Only emergency repair jobsAdded failsafe <---------------- Only emergency repair jobsAdded WindowsAdded floppy <-----------------Never used that one myself ;)B) Bruno

BRILLIANT !!!!Colin . . that was it for today . . . . . . . you can have the rest of the day off: School is CLOSED !!!!:sorcerer: BrunoPS: See Notes in boot-menu above B)

Still no "halt" working in MDK 10 yet--->>> Aaaaa that is APM !!! . . . Go to the KDE Control Center --> Power Control --> Display power control and remove the tick in the box "Enable power management" IS Unchecked and thought it had been fixedColin B)

Colin . . it can not be fixed yet . . we need a bug-fix to be posted for it . . . . . ;)B) Bruno

ColinHave you succeeded in your goals for the day? Have you actually finished it all this quickly? You must be getting better! Way to go!!!!Julia B)

ColinHave you succeeded in your goals for the day? Have you actually finished it all this quickly?  You must be getting better!  Way to go!!!!Julia :medic:
Isn't it great ?? And I could take the evening off B) :sorcerer: . . . doing some music editing . . . fun-stuff ;):flowers: Bruno

OOPs Julia/Bruno :medic: Never set any Goals just trying to go with the flowHAVE--->>> Followed Bruno's Instructions on Maintenance HAVE--->>> done some clean up in WindowsHAVE--->>> Cleaned many registry calls in WindowsHave --->>> Done System Suite all in one step all in one cleanupHAVE--->>> Installed Mozilla Messenger in MDK & set up one email accountHAVE--->>> Done PCLos updateshave NOT->>> been able to get the leftside pane in Konqueror but still trying :flowers: So all in all a pretty good dayColin :sorcerer: B)

have NOT->>> been able to get the leftside pane in Konqueror but still trying  :flowers: So all in all a pretty good dayColin  :sorcerer:  B)
Try Control and Shift and L all togehter (Cntrl Shift L)or go to the window menu at the top and then down to Split Left/Right!Is that what you meant???Julia :medic:

No JuliaNOT Split Left/RightBut the pane with the three circles in for Devices and all the other Icons.So that when I clock on Home that is in the left Pane too and Folders inside can be accessed in the fuller Right PaneThis is SO :sorcerer: B) :flowers: cos' I have done it 4 times and still can not find the right tool to bring it up Colin :medic:

Then you want to go to the Window menu and down to the bottom item -->Show Navigation Panel.Give that a try!Julia B)

So :clap: :flowers: :sorcerer: JuliaFound "Show Navigation Panel" in Configure Tool Bars "Applied " but still not thereAnd I have done & got this set up in PCLos :medic: B) Silly MeColin :huh:

ColinOne last way to do this. 1. Open Konqueror.2. With Konqueror your active program press F9Trust me, it works!Julia B)

Thanks B) JuliaThat SO much easier than all the rigamarole I went through toget it get set up in PCLos and obviously NO success until F9Colin :sorcerer: :medic: :clap: :flowers:

ColinGlad that worked for you! Guess what? It works with most browsers and in all distros for Konqueror. Put that on a sticky somewhere and put it where you won't lose it!I guess that gives you 100% success for the day.Julia B)

Yeah Julia B) Hey I EVEN "SAVED" the view profile so it is there all the time :flowers: :medic: :clap: Now the only item I need to satisy is the Cutting of the Lawn or my better half will be in here for the third time to entice with more Chocky or Custard. But you know me like I have said before It takes "3 TIMES" for a "Geordie" to learn anything :huh: Cheers for YearsColin :P :D :sorcerer: