Mandrake 10 Install so near

kamicota

Hecj Bruno :) TOO many to write outI have --->>>One- abiword plug in gimpthree- dcdraw pimpNine- gimpsthree libgimpsOne xpcd gimpNow if i could copy and paste the rpm drake graphic that would be easierColn

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

See what I mean with complicated if you would add even more sources ???Colin . . if you click on a line in the left pane . . there is a text that comes in the right pane . . that text you can copy and paste in your post . . . I have to see the entries . . ALL of them . . only copy the first 4 lines of each package ;):) Bruno

Righty HoHere goes--->>>Name: abiword-plugin-abigimpVersion: 2.0.3-2mdkSize: 11 KBMedium: contribName: dcraw-gimpVersion: 0.20040317-2mdkSize: 11 KBMedium: contribName: dcraw-gimp1.3Version: 0.20040317-2mdkSize: 11 KBMedium: contribName: dcraw-gimp2.0Version: 0.20040317-2mdkSize: 11 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2_0Version: 2.0.0-2mdkSize: 26456 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2_0-pythonVersion: 2.0.0-2mdkSize: 299 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2-freetypeVersion: 0.5-3mdkSize: 180 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2-gapVersion: 2.0-0.1pre1_mdkSize: 2646 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2-pandoraVersion: 0.3-2mdkSize: 15 KBMedium: contribName: gimp-freetypeVersion: 0.2-3mdkSize: 145 KBMedium: contribName: gimp-help-2Version: 0.2-1mdkSize: 8193 KBMedium: contribName: gimp-pandoraVersion: 0.3-2mdkSize: 14 KBMedium: contribName: gimp-perlVersion: 1.2.5-10mdkSize: 1258 KBMedium: Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2)Name: guide-gimpVersion: 0.1.0-2mdkSize: 7080 KBMedium: contribName: guide-gimp-collegeVersion: 0.1-1mdkSize: 0 KBMedium: contribName: guide-gimp-lyceeVersion: 0.1-1mdkSize: 0 KBMedium: contribName: guide-gimp-primaireVersion: 0.1-1mdkSize: 0 KBMedium: contribCurrently installed version: (none)Name: libgimp1.2_1-develVersion: 1.2.5-10mdkSize: 2386 KBName: libgimp2.0_0Version: 2.0.0-2mdkSize: 1119 KBMedium: contribName: libgimp2.0-develVersion: 2.0.0-2mdkSize: 358 KBMedium: contribName: xpcd-gimpVersion: 2.08-20mdkSize: 13 KBMedium: Installation CD 3 (x86) (cdrom3)Colin

Okay Colin . . I am missing a package "gimp-data-extras" . . .are you sure it is not there ? . . . ( Not that important though )Start installing: ( doublecheck if you have the correct ones )Name: gimp2_0Version: 2.0.0-2mdkSize: 26456 KBMedium: contribName: gimp2-freetypeVersion: 0.5-3mdkSize: 180 KBMedium: contribName: gimp-pandoraVersion: 0.3-2mdkSize: 14 KBMedium: contribIt will tell you you need some libgimp as well . . just say "YES" . . it will pick the matching package ;):) Bruno

Never mind . . that probably is a package you have to pay for ( be a memeber of the Club or buy the PowerPack )Just install the others I posted ;):) Bruno

Brilliant . . now close the MCC . . and then you will find FireFox in the internet menu and "The Gimp v2" as well as "The Gimp" in the multimedia menu :huh: :DB) Bruno

Yeah BrunoThey are ALL thereI have been using the Epiphany Browser because of how SLOW Konqueror is and just want to experiment to see which is going to be my browser of choiceI see that "gimp pandora" is for making panorama's B) :huh: B) just what I NEEDWhat does data-extras doColin

Glad you are happy Colin !! . The data extras are some extra plugins . . . .that you probably never will use anyway :huh: . . . . The ImageMagick . . all is well with that one ??Have some fun playing and tell me when you are ready for point 4 of the agenda of today . . . B) Bruno

Yah BrunoWent looking in Gimp did NOT find pandora or panorama But its ERARLY DAYS yetImage magick works a treat :huh: And yes ready for #4 and I AGREE with what you posted before that one probably does not want them mounted all the timeThinking about just having ALL my graphics on windows for access though about 2G worth which would still leave 1.5G freeColin

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mntcdrom/ floppy/ hda7/ hda9/ win_c/[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin :huh:

[root@localhost kamicota]# mount/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5 on / type ext3 (rw)none on /proc type proc (rw)none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)none on /dev type devfs (rw)none on /sys type sysfs (rw)none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620)none on /mnt/floppy type supermount (rw,sync,dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /mnt/win_c type vfat (rw,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)[root@localhost kamicota]#A B) Colin :huh:

Okay . . here we goFirst some prep work:

$ su<password ># rm -rf /mnt/hda7# rm -rf /mnt/hda9# mkdir /mnt/pclos# mkdir /mnt/mepis

Now here is the part to print out and stick on the monitor . . because you need it evey time you want to access the PCLos or Mepis partition . . . ( Note you have to be root to copy things from there to Mandrake )------------------------------- PRINT THIS ------------------------------------To mount the Mepis partition:

# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis

Example you want to copy a file from /nome/kamicota in Mepis to /home/kamicota in Drake:

# cp -rp /mnt/mepis/home/kamicota/filename.txt  /home/kamicota

( With cp -rp you can also copy full directories over from one partition to another :huh: )VERY IMPORTANT: After you are ready . . umount the partition:

# umount /mnt/mepis

Same for PCLos:

# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos

And for umounting:

# umount /mnt/pclos

----------------------------------/PRINT THIS ------------------------------------That should do the trick Colin !! . . . So do not forget to umount the partitions you mounted when you are ready with them !!B) Bruno

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mntcdrom/ floppy/ hda7/ hda9/ win_c/[root@localhost kamicota]# mount/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5 on / type ext3 (rw)none on /proc type proc (rw)none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)none on /dev type devfs (rw)none on /sys type sysfs (rw)none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620)none on /mnt/floppy type supermount (rw,sync,dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /mnt/win_c type vfat (rw,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)[root@localhost kamicota]# rm -rf /mnt/hda7[root@localhost kamicota]# rm -rf /mnt/hda9[root@localhost kamicota]# mkdir /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]# mkdir /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]#Did the first "BOX" of commandsDo I ContinueColin :huh:

That was the prep work Colin . . . all is in position now for the part you PRINT out, and only do whenever you need to access the other partition . . . . You can do a test now to see if it works, just do this part then:

# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis# umount /mnt/mepis# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos# umount /mnt/pclos

:huh: Bruno

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mnt/mepisbin/ dev/ home/ lost+found/ opt/ root/ sys/ usr/boot/ etc/ lib/ mnt/ proc/ sbin/ tmp/ var/[root@localhost kamicota]# umount /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mnt/pclosbin/ dev/ halt initrd/ mnt/ proc/ sbin/ tmp/ var/boot/ etc/ home/ lib/ opt/ root/ swap/ usr/[root@localhost kamicota]# umount /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin

See . . It works !!! :huh: :DNow let me explain why you do not want to keep those partitions mounted all the time: If ever, we hope not, something goes terribly wrong on the Mandrake partition . . it will not affect the PCLos and Mepis partitions . . . . so we always will have a distro that works. Because if all is mounted all the time, in a worst case scenario you could loose ALL your installs in one blow !! :DGood, I think we did the list for today . . any more wishes Colin ??B) Bruno

BrunoI don't know if you are the "Leprachaun or Merlin" with those WISHES B) No nothing more though and YES that was my concern bruno to have at least one Linux Distro running. So much so I think I am going to do most of my graphics in MDK and probably keep my Email separtate on PCLos. Mepis I haven't decided what to specialize with in there yetPrinting I will see what happens there But are these mepis and PCLos partions mounted or unmounted don't want to leave them mountedCos' it's time to copy/paste and print all this outcolin :huh:

As for now PCLos and Mepis are NOT mounted Colin . . . We did umount them both after mounting them and looking around ;)So all you ever need to do . . . .To mount the Mepis partition:

# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis

Example you want to copy a file from /nome/kamicota in Mepis to /home/kamicota in Drake:

# cp -rp /mnt/mepis/home/kamicota/filename.txt  /home/kamicota

( With cp -rp you can also copy full directories over from one partition to another :huh: )VERY IMPORTANT: After you are ready . . umount the partition:

# umount /mnt/mepis

Same for PCLos:

# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos

And for umounting:

# umount /mnt/pclos

B) Bruno

Colin . . . set up the printers in the MCC . . there is a wizard for it . . and Mandrake will have support for both printers ;)And make me a list for the lessons for tomorrow . . . school is closed now B) B) :thumbsup: ( Go and do your "homework" :huh: ):P Bruno

Both printers are set upI know I have printed with Epson c64 in MDK but have not tried the canon i560 (not supported) it is a raw printer generic driver so we will have to see about it later.The only last quickie where do I look to see how much free space I have on MDK 10 hda 5 as I have tried several places and no luck yet B) Colin :huh: