Mandrake 10 Install so near

kamicota

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ ls /mnt/hda1autoexec.bat* bootitng* bootlog.prv* embrcrt0.und* install.log* recycled/ Temp/bootit01.snd* bootitng.dat* bootlog.txt* embrl* io.sys* ROXIOAUTOEXEC.BAT* tmp/bootit02.snd* bootitng.hlp* command.com* epson/ Mozilla/ scandisk.log* vcom/bootit03.snd* bootitng.mse* config.sys* epsonreg/ msdos.sys* setupxlg.txt* win386.swp*bootit04.snd* bootitng.opt* default.mnu* epusbdrv/ My Documents/ suselive.900* windows/bootit05.snd* bootitng.str* dynebol.cfg* EyeCandyLog.txt* My Pictures/ suselive.txt* WINDOWSWININIT.INI*bootit06.snd* bootitng.sys* dynebol.nst* inetcache/ Program Files/ suselive.usr*[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$Colin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

[root@localhost kamicota]# /sbin/liloAdded pclinuxos *Added Mepis-24Added Mepis-26Added WindowsAdded 2423-2tmb2Added 2426-1tmb1tex[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin

Well Julia You'd better uncross them BECAUSE it is WORSER & WORSER Windows exactly the same A>BUT I have LOST all of Mandrakes booting options No Mandrake, No Linux nonfbNo failsafeColin :)

Sure we are using the OLD lilo from PCLos now . . . so Mandrake is not there !Windows is a problem . . . . the files are there though . . I see autoexecute.bat and \windows . . My Documents/ Program Files/:) Bruno

We knew you would lose the Mandrake because you just overwrote the Mandrake Lilo and replaced it with the PCLos Lilo. It is as simple as booting back into the Mandrkae using your boot disk and rerunning /sbin/lilo to get it back.That said, tomorrow will be a good day to tackle changes as you must let Bruno get his beauty sleep. And you know he will not get that if he is worried that you are still messing with it!Julia :)

I sort of gathered that Bruno because it seemed like PCLos's interfaceyeah mabe PCLos is enough for tonight HECK thats 15 hours in two days colin

Colin, if necessary you can always copy over the files to boot from floppy to start windows. Do you not have a boot disk for Windows?Julia :)

yeah mabe PCLos is enough for tonight HECK thats 15 hours in two days
ColinI see some wisdom there. If you have been at it that long today, it is time to come up for air and see the world out there. Tomorrow is soon enough to go back to tweaking and hacking!Julia :)

and the reason escapes me right nowcolin
See, you are not thinking straight. Time to call it quits for today, :DJulia :)

ColinAll this:

autoexec.bat* bootitng* bootlog.prv* embrcrt0.und* install.log* recycled/ Temp/bootit01.snd* bootitng.dat* bootlog.txt* embrl* io.sys* ROXIOAUTOEXEC.BAT* tmp/bootit02.snd* bootitng.hlp* command.com* epson/ Mozilla/ scandisk.log* vcom/bootit03.snd* bootitng.mse* config.sys* epsonreg/ msdos.sys* setupxlg.txt* win386.swp*bootit04.snd* bootitng.opt* default.mnu* epusbdrv/ My Documents/ suselive.900* windows/bootit05.snd* bootitng.str* dynebol.cfg* EyeCandyLog.txt* My Pictures/ suselive.txt* WINDOWSWININIT.INI*bootit06.snd* bootitng.sys* dynebol.nst* inetcache/ Program Files/ suselive.usr*
is still on your C: drive . . . . . You can access it from PCLos . . . let Mandrake rest for today . . . and use only PCLos lilo til tomorrowDo NOT make ANY changes in Linux config files until I am back tomorrow !!This is a serious warning !!! . . Really . . no messing in Mandrake , PCLos or Mepis . . . . . You can go into Windows partition and see what is wrong there . . but NO Linux !!!! . . You hear ?? Not even restoring Mandrakes LIlo !!:) Bruno

I think Bruno has spoken.Your play quota for the day is up! No tweaking. No nosing around. You are finished! :) Julia :rant:

ColinHope you saw my warning . . . . . and take it seriously :) . . let no-one tempt you to do whatever changes to Linux :rant: Bruno

BrunoI saw it LOUD & CLEARAnd think not only does the Computer need a rest but so do I :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: For all your help and the Et-als too

No Colin!Do not type just c:\ but you must type
cd c:\

It won't change to the C drive unless you type CD first!Julia :thumbsup:

Correction Julia. In DOS to change DRIVES you do not use the cd command, if you do you stay at the current drive. :thumbsup: Colin:When you're at A>, typeprompt $p$g. That should result in you seeing A:\>Now typec:If all is well you should seeC:\>Now typecd \windowsAgain if all is well you'll seeC:\windows>Good luck,Abe

AbeIf you say so. I went into the command prompt in Dos on hubby's computer and tried before I posted and it worked......Julia :thumbsup:

ColinYou have permission from Bruno to mess with Windows all you want tonight. However, DO NOT touch Linux!!!!Follow Abe's directions and see if that works for you!Julia :thumbsup: