Mandrake 10 Install so near

kamicota

Bruno--->>>Do you unmount the partition first ?? . . . or boot PCLos . . and go to the Mastr Control Center and the "Mount Points" tool . . there is the same interface . . unmount hda5 first then resize and format.Looks Like I am in PCLos MCC and ready with hda5 and it is UMOUNT first & then the format etc???Colin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep . . unmount first . . . then resize . . if it will work . . then format to ext3 . . . ORunmount . . reformat the full partition to Ext3B) Bruno

I'm Having usual palpitations hereDid Unmount and format but there was a failure and it tells me hda5 is now Type- EFI (Fat -12/16/32)And the unount is not available this timeAll the others are thereMount PointresizeFormatMountDelete B) Colin

I have done BrunoAnd even pressed the reiser red bar aboveBut now it tells me the DOS format has failed and it is shown as Type dos 16iBit FAT(up to 32M)Colin B)

Okay . . press "Done" and boot from your Mandrake install CD and let it take the FULL D for Mandrake . . .B) Bruno

It has to . . if not delete the partition and create it new . . . . . ( with deleting we risk re-numbering of the partitions but we will see that as it comes and deal with it . . you do not have to reinstall PCLos and Mephis . . but we will need to make changes if that happens )B) Bruno

But it can see it ?? . . . . reformat it . . . . or like I said above delete it and recreate it as Ext3B) Bruno

Did you go back to PCLos ??Delete the partition Colin . . and recreate it as Ext3 . . . . . ( First unmount it )B) Bruno

Righty HoWhat a run around but Now I have deleted it and ready to create but the last time I did that I got a reiser 3.8G /usrSo am still playing with itColin

You want to create it to Ext3 . . and NOT MOUNT IT !! . . . . . . leave that blank . . . no / no /usr . . . . BLANCO !!B) Bruno

Colin Note down what the other partitions are and what size they are . . . we need to know that for if the numbers change and you install Mandrake . . . you do want to use the correct partition !!B) Bruno

I B) B) did it againNOT good this is what I have NOWhda1hda5 DOS 16bit FAT(up t0-32M) 3.8Gempty 7.8Ghda/ Ehda7hda8 swaphda9 Colin

Colin . . . Delete hda5 as well . . . and make one big partition of the empty space ( the two empty spaces --> one big 11.5 G Ext3 ) . . Do use the mandrake installere in "Expert mode" for it !! . . No more PCLos . . just the mandrake installer . . B) Bruno

We want you to do this in Mandrake . . in the installer . . . ( resizing did not work, but deleting and recreating will work ! )B) BrunoPS: There was a bug in the PCLos partition tool . . just remembered that . .

PC Los is probably part of your problem. I NEVER touch a partition in it because it is just too buggy! Go to Mandrake. Use the Mandrake Control Center!!!!Julia B)