Mandrake 10 Install so near

kamicota

Colin . . it is really simple:This is how it is now:||DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD||EEEEEEEE||Then first make D smaller:||DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD|.....................|EEEEEEEE||And then make E larger:||DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD||EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE||And, Colin . . don't worry too much . . . you still have the PCLos 5 install CD ?? And the Mephis ? So if all goes wrong you simply reinstall them all over again ;):D Bruno

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruno/Adam ThanksIs there a slight Possibility after I make D Smaller then E larger there may still be a hidden or noticeable other partition so that we have D - Windows E- reiser/ for MDK 10 and another that will take hda 9 to 10 or so.Think I am trying to say Will Drakes partitioning tool allow me easily to do what you said in your post BrunoColin :) :'( :D

Yeah AdamI realize that hda6 = E and now MDK 10 and hope the resizing of E takes up all of the 7.7G or so and there is no hard dive space left that will change PCLos's hda9Think I might just have to go ahead and start seeing I have bruno's Instructions in front of me hu???Colin :D

Just go for it Colin . . . Madrakes partitioner is real easy . . . . first make hda5 smaller and then da6 bigger and then format hda6 to Ext3 . . . . . that is all . . . . .really do not make yourself nervous . . no need for it !Like I said you can always reinstall . . . and will have Windows to post on the forum for help :DB) Bruno

Come on Colin . . get on with it . . . AND take your time, do it in all the cool you have got in you . . . . . no hurry . . do a good job, think twice . . . . I do not want to see you back within the first 2 hours . . . . . so: SLOWLY . . . CALM . . . . . COOL . . . :D Bruno

Palpitations still thereIn Drax & resizing D down to 5001MB but Boy it's taking a long timeAND had to "toggle to Expert Mode" to put 5001 inColin on Kaleisha's computer :D

Sure "Expert Mode" is the way to do it Colin . . . . . but after all you are on the way of becoming an Expert . . aren't you ?? So you are allowed to use the "Expert Mode"Take your time . . . :D Bruno

Yep will tryUnless grandaughter commandeers the room :) Surprised there are NO hard Drive or CD lights going during the Resize though :D Colin

Funny that it takes so long . . must be the defragmenter that did not do a too good job . . . because you are resizing a Windows partition with still data on it . . . maybe Drake wants to make sure you do not looses any data . . :DResizing empty partitions goes quicker :D . . .but like I said . . take your time !:) Bruno

HECK BrunoCan't Do anything ELSEJust Having to wait & I think you're right about the clusters and not losing dataMind I'm Tempted to abort and use the Whole of Drive DColin

Well . . do as it says : "Please Wait" . . . . . :D . . . just wait . . . be patient apparently it has work to do :DI have to go for 30 minutes . . will be back soon.:) Bruno

Colin . . is your mouse still moving ?? I mean can you move it around or is the computer frozen ?:D Bruno

Yes BrunoMouse is Moving but it's been so close to 2Hours since the Resizing StartedI am Still tempted to exit installation an Just istall on All of D driveColin

No it is just 1 hour Colin . . :D :) . . . Dunno . . maybe start again . . push the "reset" button and try again . . . same procedure . . :'( Bruno

No Bruno It is close to 2Hrs . Strarted around 11am our time & it is now 1pmIs that an option RESIZING "D" againColin :D

Wow . .time sure goes fast :DYep do exactly the same . . we want to save the data that is on D . . just make it smaller . . :D Bruno

14mins and still Resizing clustersGreat hope I don't have to wait another 2hrsGrandaughter just asked is LOL--->>> Laugh out loudColin :rolleyes: