Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

Today on a lighter note I took the old smokey about 20miles up country to my favourite wood-yard stacked enough plywood, ship-lap siding and 2x1 pao on the roof to more than finish off my new loft . I find I have to more and more immerse myself in projects. just to keep sane and not get down over others misfortunes.

What do you guys do.

V.T. Eric Layton

What do you guys do.

I smoke a lot of pot. HA! Just kidding. No, really. I'm just kidding. I haven't touched that stuff since 1985. I haven't even had an alcoholic beverage since about 2007. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 7 years. I do still cuss quite a bit, though.

Umm... what do I do to maintain my sanity? Let's see... I ride my bike. I walk the neighborhood. I listen to music. I read. I spend time with my kitties. I tinker around in my workshop.

That's about it for me.

Yes I remember your bike rebuild . It's good for the soul a nice bike ride. All that fresh air and exercise gives one a good high .

I read myself to sleep every night . At the moment it's *Man: His first million years * Ashley Montagu 1962 ed. A good insight to anthropology. I am a nerd eh!

Guest LilBambi

King/Straub ... another great book with that combo is the precursor to this book, Talisman!

Another great one was under King's pseudonym Richard Bachman and called Thinner!

I have them both ... now I have to get the followup, Black House!

Firestarter and so many others of King's work I have read and own ... many in paperback, but even more in hardcover. I have read them all except for the most recent ones.

I 'read' the Dark Tower Series of books in audio CD format while traveling for my business. I got them from the Library. I 'couldn't put them down' as it were.

Stephen King is amazingly gifted and imaginative writer. Scarily imaginative, but very gifted.

I also have Dark Tower Series in dead tree format as well.

V.T. Eric Layton

What I find most amazing about King is that no matter how mundane (rabid dogs, a weird flu, silly blood-sucking vampires, etc.), he still manages to keep me reading page after page till I get to the end of the book; no matter that the books could often double as boat anchors due to their size and weight. There were just a few exceptions to this rule for me... Gerald's Game, Dolores Claiborne, and Rose Madder. I just couldn't get 50 pages into any one of those before I had to give up. However, he's written a lot of stuff...

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/stephen-king/

... and I've read about 98% of it.

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I hear ya. But if that is all you didn't care for in all that Stephen King has done, that is quite the tale in itself. I haven't read any of those that you didn't care for so I have no opinion on that.

But I was trying to determine just how many books in total Stephen King has actually written and came across this wonderful article about interchanges between Stephen King and Isaac Asimov. It was wonderful!

Isaac Asimov and Stephen King: A Few Words Between Fellow Writers - Jamie Todd Rubin blog

I loved the exchanges very much.

I hear ya. But if that is all you didn't care for in all that Stephen King has done, that is quite the tale in itself. I haven't read any of those that you didn't care for so I have no opinion on that.

But I was trying to determine just how many books in total Stephen King has actually written and came across this wonderful article about interchanges between Stephen King and Isaac Asimov. It was wonderful!

Isaac Asimov and Stephen King: A Few Words Between Fellow Writers - Jamie Todd Rubin blog

I loved the exchanges very much.

Somehow I just could never get into Steven King. Isaac Asimov, on the other hand, is one of my favorites.
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Yes, I have read all but some of his latest books.

I absolutely love every book of Stephen King's that I have read, but I think that my all time favorites are Hearts of Atlantis and the Dark Tower Series.

But as I say, I love all his books. And I have also read quite a few. I have about 40-45 of his books and several collections in likely a 50/50 split between hardcover and paperback, as well as several Kindle ebooks too. I don't know what that makes as to percentages but he takes up a lot of room on our bookshelves LOL!

Edited by LilBambi

securitybreach

I think my favorite is The Stand Unabridged:

The_Stand_Uncut.jpg

Small compared to IT (823 pages versus 1,138) but I love it.

I have both of those in hardback with another 15 more in hardback editions.

Guest LilBambi

Just got a promo code and got The Stand from Audible. Woohoo! Can read it again!

I think I broke all reading records when I first read The Stand via my paperback version. I am really excited to be reading it again in audiobook format now!

V.T. Eric Layton

What link? Uh, no. I'll go clicky now.

"Just 36.3 percent of eligible voters cast votes — the worst turnout in 72 years..."

Wow! That's pretty sad, huh? I think people have just lost their faith and interest in this government altogether. Which is even more scary than the turnout figures because it means that apathy, more than anything, is the deciding factor of who rules us here in this country. Apathy is rarely a wise way to achieve anything other than total disengagement from something. I suspect this may even get worse before it gets better.

• Like 2