Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

securitybreach

Yeah, it starts zippin' along after about 35. You'll notice a definite speed increase at 45, though. At 85, the days are just like minutes... :(

That is probably because older people nod off to sleep quite frequently. If I slept half the day, I would also wonder where the time went.

V.T. Eric Layton

My uncle (89) says the two things he looks forward to the most every day are:

1. actually waking up

and

2. a good bowel movement.

Update:- I've been using up a lot of time chasing solution for the problems on this desktop . Lots of new stuff learnt but nothing thats relevant

to my questions so far .

I"ve been seriously hampered in my loft build with what feels like a stab in the right hip joint . Maybe a slipped miniscus.

Would go to the Doc, but there is such a queue that folks are waiting in their cars outside.

A&E is like Grand Central station at rush hour . A friend went the other day and was left about 20 hrs before he got to see a Doc . Turns out he has serious plaque in his left leg and has to go back for angioplasty. The waiting list is so long it will be yrs before he gets his procedure.

He is in imminent danger of stroke if left in this condition .

So I'm dosing myself with glucosamine ,deep-heat and Devil's Claw. With very minimal results so far.

Maybe I should kill a shark and liquidise it's liver . :whistling:

Deep Heat is a proprietry cream containing camphor and a few other things . I also use a little drop of moonshine to ease the pain sometimes.

The hardest thing is sitting at the desk . Not sore tonight ,most likely because the weather is slowly getting warmer .

• Like 1

Six weeks now it's been hovering just around zero in the daytime. It's OK when it's below ,but just above it's freezing fog and a cruel dampness all around , seeping in everywhere.

Wrap up well and avoid the chills .

• Like 2

It got so sore today .I had to go lie down . And I still couldn't get any ease. Eventually dozed off . An hour or so later it was a bit better . I'm not looking forward to the slow deterioration that's inevitable. Wish I was in blighty . There I could be seen and treated in a couple of hours , not like here bejaysus.

It got so sore today .I had to go lie down . And I still couldn't get any ease. Eventually dozed off . An hour or so later it was a bit better . I'm not looking forward to the slow deterioration that's inevitable. Wish I was in blighty . There I could be seen and treated in a couple of hours , not like here bejaysus.

Seasonal improvement in the weather may help some. Hope it comes soon!

I figured it out at last . The belt holding up my pants was slipping and pressing into the miniscus.I was fitting balusters to the stair rail and doing some contortions. So I've dumped the belt and switched back to an old set of "braces" that I found in the bottom of the sock drawer. Now if I can get high waisted trousers/jeans the job will be sorted . Everything these days seems to be the hipster type . 90% clear of pain now and providing I don't twist awkwardly I will be good for the sailing season .

I got a donor of a 19vdc MSI notebook 1g ram 320g hd 1.6g cpu. Now if I can find a way to run it off the 12v boat battery ,Will upload photos when near the coast if possible.

For heaven's sake--well, at least you can get relief. Contortions while fitting balusters probably didn't help much either. My chiropractor tells a story about a patient years ago with resistant low-back pain. Finally discovered it was sitting on the wallet in his back pants pocket that was largely responsible (he was salesman traveling in a car about 70% of the time).

• Like 2

S

Still read them fantasy novels I see. B)

I had a problem like the one mentioned by ebrke in my shoulder just beneath the blade . Turned out it was the headrest socket under the upholstery in a renault 9. I stripped the seat and cut the sockets out with a hacksaw. Problem melted like the morning dew.

Silly me got so distracted by a jab of pain that I cut the last baluster toooooo short . They are vintage so getting a matching replacement will not be easy .

abarb if you think the NHS is tardry you should try(not) the HSE over here. The way they keep the waiting lists down is by giving appointment guaranteed to mature after your demise ... :hysterical:

• Like 1

Glad spring is coming for you--where I am, we're giving up hope! We suddenly seem to have been transported somewhere north of the Arctic Circle. Temp this morning was -2 F (about -19 C, I believe). The amount of bird seed I'm using is incredible, but I feel so sorry for them in this weather.

• Like 2

If you can get coconuts Drill a hole in either end and drink the milk . Then crack them in halves by tapping around the middle with a hammer . Then you may hang the halves upside down on wires. On the porch or a nearby tree . The small birds will give you many hours of entertainment as you watch them through the window. It really works well as it takes the pressure off birds further out and you will be doubly rewarded when the summer comes with the evensong and dawn chorus. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

If you can get coconuts Drill a hole in either end and drink the milk . Then crack them in halves by tapping around the middle with a hammer . Then you may hang the halves upside down on wires. On the porch or a nearby tree . The small birds will give you many hours of entertainment as you watch them through the window. It really works well as it takes the pressure off birds further out and you will be doubly rewarded when the summer comes with the evensong and dawn chorus. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Be freezing here tonight there is already slippiness on my decking.

Tree huggers,jays,robins,thrushes,finches,long tailed tits and woodpeckers all eat coconuts. I usually nail mine to a post or a tree. I'll post some pics if I ever get the time.

Grand looking little dog, bit worn but grand. :breakfast:

• Like 1

securitybreach

it's freezing here, just above new orleans, too!

(that's why al gore wore a mink coat to receive his ill-gotten gain, the nobel prize.)

Same here.... 30F with a low of 9F and I am in the southern US too

wsDmyJY.png

Everday for the past three weeks when I take a break for coffee .I have noticed two pair of bullfinches feeding on the new buds on the blackthorn "tree" that grows just outside the upstairs window.

What a beautiful planet.. Pity more don't appreciate this simple fact.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got 8 or 10 inches of snow in my backyard, but with warmer temperatures and rain forecast this weekend, I hope that will be gone by Monday. Your daffs are lovely--I love spring flowers the best. My favorite is crocus--so delicate looking, but so tough.

• Like 1

This is one of the advantages of having the Gulf stream just off the coast . If you are near the coast have you seen any increase in iceberg activity coming down the Greenland channel.