• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Capt.Crow

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• ebrke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a mixed day of sadness and joy. Sadness because a good neighbors daughter was buried. She was run over by a big eight-wheeler while cycling on her way to work at the beginning of the week

If the two "coats" are males, chances are they've just found a girlfriend down the road. They'll be back when they're done courting. I have a couple males (Whitey and Big Guy) who come here to eat on

This I've just got to relate :- Greycoat unsurprisingly really likes chicken . This morning I was down the other end of the garden laying a random stone footpath when I heard an unusual noise . Lookin

ebrke

I'm not even sure that's another koala. If it is, I think it's in withdrawal--I think they stay mildly stoned all the time on the eucalyptus leaves they eat.

Temmu

... I think it's in withdrawal--I think they stay mildly stoned all the time on the eucalyptus leaves they eat.

lol! maybe so! :D

ross549

Please post in the Forum feedback section on the bottom of the main page of the forums. Also, please describe the workaround you had to use. We'll get it sorted... thanks!

Adam

• Like 1
Guest LilBambi

I think we all have had a NoScript or related script blocking extension give us a start the the first time you don't realize scripting is needed on dynamic sites. ;) If that's what happened.

Capt.Crow

Looks like problem still there. The only post that came up tonight is this one . >what 's this no-script < malarky. Guess I have to go around to the Portal again . It really wastes a lot of time that way . Normally tab all the new posts and work through them that way . Is it related to Moz updates

Not my week .the motor blew a piston and the garden became a river .

That makes it three so no more for a good while .

Guest LilBambi

What do you mean by content tab? There is the portal, and there is the notification area. Both are fine here. Sometimes slow but not having issues with the forums loading.

Capt.Crow

This relates to the >View new content < tab .Most likely I did something wrongly. But I used to click on that tab and the unviewed new content used to load . Then I used to right click all the posts and >new-tab< them . As I read them I would cancel them and the next and the next . So saving a great deal of time .

So far all I get is Juswanna......

ebrke

Did your settings at the left of the New Content screen get changed? Under "By Content Type" I've got "Forums" checked, and under "By Time Period" I have "New Since My Last Visit" checked. What I'm seeing seems to be accurate (about 6 or 7 different threads).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just a little update .. I decided to build a bar under my new roof . There is already a WC installed and functional.

I put a wood burning stove in ,had to cut and weld 5" steel pipe to get the flue up /out through the wall/and up to about 2ft over roof pitch level

Someone handed me a Dell inspirion 1720 today .

Haven't tried it yet as the battery is flat . and I have to look out a pwr/sup.

I'm getting overloaded with PC's .

If I could reclaim the gold from them I would start with the big clear-out.

Cant think of anything else except that there has been a good fall of snow in Nevada.

V.T. Eric Layton

You'd need a 20,000 sq ft warehouse full of computers to extract enough gold to be worthwhile. I'm not even sure there's any gold at all in modern components these days.

• Like 1
securitybreach

You may find this interesting: http://www.goldrecov...ues.com/faq.htm

Q.10 : How much gold is there in computer CPUs ?

Ans. : Different CPUs have different quantity of gold in them. We are giving here a list of gold quantity in 1 Kg. different CPUs :

CPUs

Gold Quantity in Grams(In 1Kg. CPUs)

Cyrix Cx486 :

5.17 grams

IBM 5x86C :

4.8 grams

486 DX2-80 :

4.3 grams

i 486 SX :

4.2 grams

i 486 TX486DLC :

6.72 grams

AMD :

6.15 grams

Cyrix 6x86 :

4.83 grams

IBM 6x86MX PR200 :

5.75 grams

Cyrix MII :

4.32 grams

Intel Pentium (light weight) :

10.08 grams

Intel Pentium (heavy weight): :

8.00 grams

Pentium PRO :

11.40 grams

WinChip C6-PSME200GA :

5.80 grams

Intel i435 DX4 :

8.50 grams

Intel i486 :

8.60 grams

i processor :

6.80 grams

Intel Pentium MMX :

4.00 grams

AMD-K6-2 :

5.00 grams

AMD (brown fiber) :

7.90 grams

Q.11 : How much gold is there in SIM cards of cell phones ?

Ans. : 1 Kg. SIM cards of cell phones have 1.75 grams of gold.

securitybreach

28 grams = 1oz

Are those figures for real? Most of those systems mentioned in that list are ancient. ;)

And those are usually some of the ones people have lying in basement.

amenditman

Another option for old CPU's, RAM, Mobo's, and other printed circuit boards.

Remove all ports which stick up (not ram or pci sockets, the ones for USB, ethernet, onboard video and such) and ship them to Ken (HeliOS) at Reglue for recycling. They have a deal with a local electronics recycler that pays them quite well for these items. And the recycler actually does harvest all the metals for reuse. They get money for the metal cases also, but not enough to justify shipping.

• Like 2