Capt.Crow

again, this should be posted in the "bruno's all things linux" section

the section in which you post is for non-technical, often trivial stuff! :)

Done and dusted ..

• Like 1
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Capt.Crow

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• ebrke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a mixed day of sadness and joy. Sadness because a good neighbors daughter was buried. She was run over by a big eight-wheeler while cycling on her way to work at the beginning of the week

If the two "coats" are males, chances are they've just found a girlfriend down the road. They'll be back when they're done courting. I have a couple males (Whitey and Big Guy) who come here to eat on

This I've just got to relate :- Greycoat unsurprisingly really likes chicken . This morning I was down the other end of the garden laying a random stone footpath when I heard an unusual noise . Lookin

Temmu

Hmm... temmu flexing his moderating muscle. ;)

...nothing moderate about temmu... always over-the-top, when possible... :o :D

• Like 2
amenditman

...nothing moderate about temmu... always over-the-top, when possible... :o :D

When has it ever been not possible.

Keep it up, that's the way we like it.

Capt.Crow

I'm Out Of Sorts tonite .. Just brought a good buddy down to the docks to join his ship . Its an open ended trip . So dunno when I get to share scuttlebutt with him again .

• Like 1
ross549

They don't list speeds or pricing for the service.... A clear indication that it is slow and expensive... lol

• Like 1

They don't list speeds or pricing for the service.... A clear indication that it is slow and expensive... lol

It's just like yachts, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. :'(

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

...if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. :'(

You know, I'd be willing to bet that some poor schmuck made up this old saying. The reason I know this is because rich folks aren't normally stupid. If they are, they don't stay rich for long, unless daddy is watching out for them. ;) Rich folks would most definitely want to know to the penny what something was going to cost them; more so at the top end area like yacht and Bentley purchases.

But, whaddo-I-know. I've never been rich; not even comfortably well-to-do. Maybe after tonight's lottery drawing, though. :w00t:

• Like 2
Capt.Crow

I had a dream a while ago . I was able to hack the satellite inter net ,Then I gave all my neighbors a free service.. Then I woke up and there was a man in dark glasses and white trench coat getting out of a big black SUV in my back lane..

Now I don't have that dream anymore .. Way toooooo scary .

• Like 2
V.T. Eric Layton

There's a cozy little cage in Guantanamo for people who dream your kind of dreams.

fbiagent.jpg

• Like 3
Temmu

eric has taken urmas' place as the "comic picture for everything man" - and that's a good thing. :D

• Like 3
Guest LilBambi

You know, I'd be willing to bet that some poor schmuck made up this old saying. The reason I know this is because rich folks aren't normally stupid. If they are, they don't stay rich for long, unless daddy is watching out for them. ;) Rich folks would most definitely want to know to the penny what something was going to cost them; more so at the top end area like yacht and Bentley purchases.

But, whaddo-I-know. I've never been rich; not even comfortably well-to-do. Maybe after tonight's lottery drawing, though. :w00t:

Depends on whether it's new or old money. ;)

Capt.Crow

I cant be worrying about the Feral Brothers Institute.. So I use one of their e-mail clients. Shhhhh! It cuts the routing time .and they are very welcome to all the other unused accounts. .Sides aren't they all oirish :luck: :clap: :luck:

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

eric has taken urmas' place as the "comic picture for everything man" - and that's a good thing. :D

Hmm... I s'pose there are worse associations. ;)

Depends on whether it's new or old money. ;)

I'd be happy to receive either. :yes:

Capt.Crow

All this yadder yadder about money .There is so much in the wrong.hands/places .so many want so much more and so many have so little . Its only a concept. Just numbers . Smoke and mirrors. Its worthless per se. Yet it is the only universal *religion* Anything beyond a modest security is an obscenity .

Anyway the more one disperses the more returns . Give of one's plenty and the more one receives. It really does happen.The more it is chased the faster it runs away.Ill used and heavy Taxes are an abomination. We live in a crazy world of crazy ideas ,struggling to uphold a concept of fairness and equanimity in the face of rotten avarice. And all we are saying is "Give Peace A Chance"

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

Well, that's a nice philosophy. However, I've learned one thing over the many years I've been around this place...

Having $$$ makes life better. :)

• Like 1
amenditman

Well, that's a nice philosophy. However, I've learned one thing over the many years I've been around this place...

Absolutely true.

But surely, at some point there is enough.

Wait, did I just call you Shirley?

• Like 2
abarbarian

Hmm in my experience $$$ does not make life "better" merely more comfortable. :yes:

Guest LilBambi

It can help you enjoy happiness a bit easier and relieve a lot of stress in a society such as ours that is based on currency that is more fake than real these days. But it still can't buy happiness. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

More comfortable IS better.

And for the right price, I'd legally change my name to Shirley. ;)

$$$ can sure as h3ll buy me a lot of things to substitute for happiness. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd be willing to take that chance. I've done (am doing) poverty. It really sucks. Having money can't be much worse. I'm a firm believer in my mom's philosophy... $$$ can't buy you happiness, but it makes misery much more pleasant to deal with.

• Like 3