V.T. Eric Layton

OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

patio
I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :yes:Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.
No need to create a new Username...just have the Admin reset your count...I did this at another Forum for the very same reasons...

LilBambi

That's a great idea patio and one that doesn't go against any Forum Registration rules. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I thought about that too, but if I actually ever got 30K+ posts here, I sure wouldn't want to see them reset to zero. :lol: Ah well, it'll probably be ages before any of us have to really start worrying about this. :lol: Julia is the closest, but even she would need 13K+ post to catch up and she's been very scarce lately. Fran is next closest; and at her rate, we'll all have direct access Internet chips implanted in our brains before she gets 34K posts. HAHA! :rolleyes: I think the one we're going to have to worry about is Temmu. And he would be easy to work around. We'll just make a new forum rule that all posts require proper capitalization to be approved. :thumbsup:

ross549

there go 99% of the forums........

LilBambi
:thumbsup:

amenditman

I think you should watch that 'new' guy, ChipDoc. If anyone is going to get close to 34,000 posts it's him.

Temmu
I think the one we're going to have to worry about is Temmu. And he would be easy to work around. We'll just make a new forum rule that all posts require proper capitalization to be approved. :)
hEY! i cAN pROPERLY captilazE, so your silln yew rools wON't deflecT mE1 :P and :P :P
I think you should watch that 'new' guy, ChipDoc. If anyone is going to get close to 34,000 posts it's him.
hear, hear!i think he joined a contest somewhere... :D
there go 99% of the forums........
of a truth!!

V.T. Eric Layton

Chip who? :)

amenditman

He has been here 4 months and already has 10% of your post count, Eric.Maybe you better quit writting that great detective novel and get to work posting here.I know my post average has gone up since I've been unemployable.

Edited by amenditman

V.T. Eric Layton

He's got HAPPY fingers! :(

Urmas
Chip who? :hysterical:
The bot "who's" got 25,000 posts on yer two forums, that's "who". :(

amenditman
The bot "who's" got 25,000 posts on yer two forums, that's "who". :thumbsup:
Maybe, it is just a test ID.A way for Eric to keep his lifetime post count below 34,000.Have any of you actually a shred of proof that this 'ChipDoc' is a real person and not just another of Eric's imaginary friends.

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... ChipBot, huh? :lol:I have many imaginary friends. :thumbsup:

amenditman
I have many imaginary friends. ;)
I know, you told me I was one of them. :hysterical: Edited by amenditman

Temmu

nice.a thread about post counts now has, at last count, 104 posts...one wonders where this thread ranks amongst threads, certainly #1 this year, and no doubt top 3 for this and last year...ps+1

sunrat
nice.a thread about post counts now has, at last count, 104 posts...
No it's 106 posts! :hysterical:

amenditman
No it's 106 posts! :hysterical:
No, it's 107!

ChipDoc
Have any of you actually a shred of proof that this 'ChipDoc' is a real person and not just another of Eric's imaginary friends.
That's funny... I had always viewed Eric as MY imaginary friend... :hysterical:

sunrat
That's just what a BOT would say! ;)

amenditman
That would explain why, every time I attempt to meet Eric in person, he is always otherwise engaged.We'll find out on Thursday by who begs off and who shows up. http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=42144

V.T. Eric Layton
That's funny... I had always viewed Eric as MY imaginary friend... :thumbsup:
One man's imaginary friend is... well, another imaginary friend. ;)Hmm... I wonder... Why? Because I often ponder these things.Would my imaginary enemy's enemy be my imaginary friend? Or just an temporary imaginary ally? :w00t: I kill me.

bob3160
I kill me.
No sense in getting violent Eric. :thumbsup:

LilBambi

How about No Kill I ... any Trekkies out there?

ChipDoc
How about No Kill I ... any Trekkies out there?
She was just a Mama trying to save her babies - those miners were killing them!

LilBambi

Exactly :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

The Horta was around before Star Trek. Did you ever see the last episode of Outer Limits called The Probe?http://www.hulu.com/watch/155109/the-outer...ginal-the-probeThe creatures look similar, because they were created by the same group... Project Unlimited.

The moving carpet beast in "The Probe" later was used as the 'Horta' in "The Devil in the Dark", and operated by the same actor (Janos Prohaska).
~From --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outer_Lim...Special_effectsCool trivia, huh? :yes:

LilBambi
The Horta was around before Star Trek. Did you ever see the last episode of Outer Limits called The Probe?http://www.hulu.com/watch/155109/the-outer...ginal-the-probeThe creatures look similar, because they were created by the same group... Project Unlimited.~From --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outer_Lim...Special_effectsCool trivia, huh? :whistling:
Very cool trivia! :DOf course, the Horta's name was Probe in "The Probe" ... very cool that Roddenberry made use of not only the same 'creature' but the same actor that manipulated it previously.

V.T. Eric Layton

Actually, it didn't have a name in the The Probe. It was an alien germ that had infected the probe sent to the planet to take scientific readings and samples of plant/animal (non-intelligent) life. At the end of the episode, when the humans (who were accidentally picked up by the probe) are released, the probe self-destructs because it knows it has become infected. It was a pretty good plot. Sadly, that was the last episode of The Outer Limits. It was really a good program. It used to come on TV in Tampa back when I was a kid on Saturday afternoons at 1PM. I hardly ever missed it. I was very young and didn't understand a lot of the stories, but I sure did enjoy watching it. My two favorite episodes are Keepers of the Purple Twilight and Behold Eck!http://www.hulu.com/watch/155114/the-outer...purple-twilighthttp://www.hulu.com/watch/155123/the-outer...inal-behold-eckTOL is still broadcast locally on one of our secondary digital channels (32.2) here in Tampa. It comes on two or three times a week at about 4AM. Sometimes, I manage to catch an episode. :whistling:

Temmu

outer limits! great stuff.what little (if any) tv i see today, seems as if they replaced wit and creativitywith violence and explosions.o, and stupid ppl in reality shows.and if that's reality, can i take the next exit, please?"someone let me off this planet"

amenditman

What are you doing on this planet?Do you have your green card or some other official authorization?