V.T. Eric Layton

OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

Urmas
ps+1
Duly noted.kirjuri.gif

amenditman

@TemmuKeep up the good work, we love parody...and sarcasm

amenditman

Which Bob are we talking about?Maybe we should just stick with our 'handles' to avoid confusion because our internet nicknames are so much more identifiable than our 'real' names. :thumbsup:

Edited by amenditman

V.T. Eric Layton

The original posting where I was ranting about getting happy was for YOU, Bob (amenditman). :thumbsup:

ChipDoc

Eric and I know one another in real life and he always used to get a kick out of the way I called him "Vtel" on the phone :thumbsup:

amenditman
Eric and I know one another in real life and he always used to get a kick out of the way I called him "Vtel" on the phone :thumbsup:
As in used to, not anymore. Or should we, who want to amuse him, start calling him vtel?

réjean
Hear, hear. Not only will I lack his post count but even if I studied 20 hours a day about linux, I'll never achieve his level of knowledge!
I'm right with you Liz. And even if someone ever get more posts than he no one will have the patience and kindness that he had. If I am in the top 20 it's because of all the questions that I asked him. Warning!!! Get ready everyone because I might have a whole lot more coming pretty soon. Love you all!Réjean

ChipDoc
As in used to, not anymore.
Used to as in neither one of us gets out to biker events much anymore... icon_e_sad.gifAnd you chat as much as you like, réjean - we're looking forward to it!

V.T. Eric Layton

Biker events? Ahh... the fond memories I have. 'Tis the biker season coming up pretty soon, too. Wish I had a ****** bike... and an income. :thumbsup:

securitybreach

Woohoo I am in the top 10. I am #9 :hysterical:

réjean

Congradulations! Josh.

LilBambi

Congrats Josh! :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Wow! Must have been all those Arch update posts. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
Wow! Must have been all those Arch update posts. ;)
Right!!! :bounce: Thanks everyone!

amenditman

Congrats Josh.Eric, nice new siggy. Hey, now you have a great new Linux signature, how about making that graphic a link to the Bruno How-To's. Then it will be real cool Linux.

Edited by amenditman

Temmu

congrats, securitybreach!and without further ado,+1:lol: lol!

amenditman
and without further ado,+1:lol: lol!
Congrats, Temmu.This thread is working out great.79 posts and counting. You have gone up 14 so far. Edited by amenditman

sunrat

I think, as a sign of reverence, nobody should ever have more posts than Bruno. Maybe delete some old posts if you get close? At the current rate, LiBambi will get close in about 20 years.

zlim

Scot probably has some magic wand that he can wave and up Bruno's post count to a million.

V.T. Eric Layton
I think, as a sign of reverence, nobody should ever have more posts than Bruno. Maybe delete some old posts if you get close? At the current rate, LiBambi will get close in about 20 years.
I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :whistling:
Scot probably has some magic wand that he can wave and up Bruno's post count to a million.
Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.

teacher
I've thought about what would happen when one of us approached Bruno's post count numbers. Personally, I'll probably retire my current username at 37,903 post. :yes:Admins can definitely adjust post counts. I'd rather leave Bruno's as-is and just create a new username should I ever approach that 37,904 post count.
I am practicing the fade away approach.....

sunrat
I am practicing the fade away approach.....
Oh noes! :thumbsup: "It's better to burn out.........." - Neil YoungGood to hear from you teacher. You are still an honorary Linux Explorer, even though you've gone over to the shiny side. B) :whistling:

BarryB

Ok..thought I'd add another for my post count...actually I'm just not that chatty (either with or without purpose or in person either...however, if dumb looks counted...I would lead the pack)

LilBambi

I understand your feelings Eric ... technically, however, the ToS that we sign onto when we become members on the forum prevent multiple usernames.Bruno was an absolutely stellar guy! And he would want us to beat him out on postings now in the spirit of helping each other.

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah.... but I wouldn't technically have multiple usernames. I would retire one and start another. By the way, have you seen how many variations of Scot Finnie usernames we have on this board. HAHAHA! :thumbsup:

LilBambi

Of course, things are a bit different with owners of forums than with members -- he needs multiples so he can make sure how registration, changes, etc. are working for various levels of membership. You likely have several on your own board for that very purpose.

V.T. Eric Layton

I have tireswingtesteralan for that on my boards. Haven't you met him before? Here's his intro --> http://www.vtel57.co...swingtesteralan Link dead.

zlim

On most forums where I have elevated privileges, I always create a normal user account. That way, when I'm at a hotspot, I log in as a normal user. If anyone sniffs my password, they can't trash a forum because it is just a normal user account.