Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Hey Jeber!!I got a quick question- Bruno sent me a link to the page where there are instructions to make and burn a mandrake 9.2 boot CD image.The question I have is this- how do I verify the integrity of my CD image? Do I run a md5sum on it? What do I compare the md5sum to?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do I do this before wasting a CDR??Do I do an "ls" in the dir the iso is in, and point my monitor at a mirror???Am confused at this point..... :) :) :devil:

i bought a red hat and a penguin.i wear the hat around the house, and the penguin waddles in and out of the bathtub.
[temmu wraps towel back around neck...]   :wacko:
First the "Red Hat" and the waddling "peguin" (with Bruno's avator as a visual aid). :w00t: Then the whole shoe and foot mix up miss match. :ermm: And now the cape... er... towel? :rolleyes:ROTFLOL - it takes your breath away in laugher.... ;) :) :) oh it hurts, it hurts... it hurts to breath... it hurts to laugh... oh the pain... even the face hurts... (yeah I know, it's killing you...)Temmu -Have you looked into getting an industrial icecube maker or perhaps even a portable ice-rink for your pet penguin?Are you part of the polar club? One does have to wonder with the icecubes in the bathtub. [brr! shivers at the mere thought!]

Wow, your interested too? :D B) Well I don't know where go you buy them from per se. It's not like you can go and just pick one up from Walmart. But I do know they make them specialized to the need. I helped per chance to remove a portable icerink from off a stage of a theatre. The refridgerating unit (a lot like an AC unit and roughly 8' w x 15' l x 6' h - you could climb in and get lost in this thing) was mounted on it's own trailer with two 300 gallon storage tanks with some strange green fliud. :huh: Oh yeah, now I remember, that green fliud was anti-freeze. ;) But I don't know if they diluted it any, I think it was full strength concentrate. After all, you don't want it to freeze in the pipes. :P I roughly know how they set it up. A wood box frame roughly 15' w x 15' l x 6" h (or bigger as you see fit). Some foam (to insulated from damage of condensation and freezing any "trapped" water underneath - well the stage had a wood floor so go figure) and masses of plasticsheeting (preferrably without tears and heavier ply and resistant to the cold). Black coils of 1/4" microtubes that are 6" to 12" wide laid parallel. A supply and a return tube of the refridgerant. All that shaved and crushed ice we've talked about for cooling your computer will come in handy here (but I'll warn you now that you'll need at least 4 yards). If you're shaving ice by hand, start now and get a few ice chests. Save as much snow as possible as well, as this will reduce the amount of time spend in shaving the ice yourself. You will use that shaved ice to top off the void inside the wood frame. Fill remaining voids with water to the top of the boards and turn on the refridgeration unit. Sit back and watch the ice form and see that fuel or electric bill sore up right through the roof. You did set this up on level ground right? What a mess if you didn't. :lol: :huh: :whistling:I think they use the same thing at hockey rinks and definitely at places that normally don't have a rink. :( Places in Michigan that come to mind are Joe Louis Arena and The Palace (of Auburn Hills) which are known for hockey, basekball, music concerts, and other venues. You might inquire of the maintainence crew for help on where to go to get, buy, or even build your own. ;) If you really know how to sweet talk them, they might even stop by your house to help out and to see how things are going. It's the same principle as that computer with the water cooler system that you built - you did build that right? But in this case, enlarged only slightly so that it removes enough heat so that the water you added in with the ice freezes uniformly. But then again, the hotter it is outdoors, the more cooling units you will need to compensate to keep the ice in the ideal range which would mean more fuel or electricity. ;) B)Sick back and watch the peguin fly... :huh: ... I mean slide.... :D ;)

They actually make that? :o What hoot! :) Well, we have the first part. :D How well do they work above the freezing point? Nevermind, that'd be a slip'n'slide. :) Leave it to the 'net, you can find anything out there. Now, how about that portable refridgeration unit??? :)

Haven't found the portable refrigeration units, but found an add-on here to your lawn tractor to turn it into a zamboni (or Bambini in their words) for your portable ice rink! :)----------Good show LilBambi - you googled it before I got there!

You'd need a few hills and a few 100 acres. Skiing in the back yard in a lot that's 150' x 150' leaves much to be desired. >_<Too expensive for the number of snow machines required for the 100 acre "ski resort." :( But tropical climate :o , lucky dog. That would explain some of the the clothing. Well, I can only imagine from the avator that your clothing resembles something along the lines of StarWars. But then again, some of those woolen and cotton materials are very light and very breathable. Nope, I just don't see you in plastic or metal like all of those cloned drones in StarWars. :( :D But, on the other hand, since your footing the bill after all, who cares about all that I just said. Just order more cooling units. I think 10 at $30,000 a piece should ought to cover us, what do you think?? :D :(

Jeber,Is it wise to spend money for other people?Temmu said he was footing the bill for the winter sports party at his place. I think we're missing something however... We need....huh....we need...hmmm... :( ...aah, here we go! :( Snow Vehicles for Sale.... Let's see, one of each please. :D Eeewwh, and I just love the color red. :o Ah, there we go, see the beaut' Tucker 1342 with rescue written on it? It says it's.... Well go and read it, but it sounds like a lot of fun. :D :( :o :( :D

Is it wise to spend money for other people?
That depends on a number of factors.How many people are you thinking of buying?Are you buying them by the pound or each?Old or young?Be sure to check the seller's return policy. People have been known to "go bad".Hope this helps. :D

Jeber,Is it wise to spend money for other people?Temmu said he was footing the bill for the winter sports party at his place. I think we're missing something however... We need....huh....we need...hmmm... :lol: ...aah, here we go! :D Snow Vehicles for Sale.... Let's see, one of each please. :lol: Eeewwh, and I just love the color red. ;) Ah, there we go, see the beaut' Tucker 1342 with rescue written on it? It says it's.... Well go and read it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :lol:
WHAT??? No hover vehicles??? What's the point??? And what is it with me and 3 question marks???

Jeber,Is it wise to spend money for other people?Temmu said he was footing the bill for the winter sports party at his place. I think we're missing something however... We need....huh....we need...hmmm... :D ...aah, here we go! :D Snow Vehicles for Sale.... Let's see, one of each please. :lol: Eeewwh, and I just love the color red. :D Ah, there we go, see the beaut' Tucker 1342 with rescue written on it? It says it's.... Well go and read it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol: :lol:
WHAT??? No hover vehicles??? What's the point??? And what is it with me and 3 question marks???
You are overcompensating........ :lol: ;)

I should've never stepped in here before class today. It'll likely hurt my grade. But it's too hard to resist now that I'm here. B) :D :P

WHAT??? No hover vehicles??? What's the point???
:huh: ... oh yeah, sweet, thanks for the good idea ... B) ...just add a few half dozen of those to the bill as well. :lol::huh: What do you mean the credit card is rejected? B) Doesn't that say Platinum? :) Well, it has to be worth something!!Hmm, buying people... :huh: ... :o ...Isn't that a bit taboo of us in this day and age of being civilized? .... :o ... :) ... :D ... :) .... I must have been mistaken thinking that was banned several 100 years ago! :devil: :whistling:I think I'll buy them young and individually. Young because they are easier to train that way (or so I hear). ;)And individually because, well, by the pound, uph, way too expensive. :)

Yeah.. Platium won't go very far... What you really need is Temmus platinum card! :w00t:Edit - just had to make a comment that this is the 600th reply in this thread!!!! :thumbsup: :P :P :P

:lol: good, nobody's around.... *BIG CLASHING NOISE OF POTS and PANS* DOH! SHHH! shhhh! sh! ouwy ouwy ouch.... good, all done, I can get out of here now... :D :o :D Hey, Platium looks good to me - see, even Google says it's right! :thumbsup:

What in the **** is all that noise!!!!!!!!!! Oh, it's just you, pc-tecky. Turn on the light for gawd's sake, then you won't be falling all over the spare forum hardware. And pick up that platium before you trip someone else. :thumbsup:

Cluttermagnet

Fossil Shows Rodent Was Size of BuffaloWASHINGTON (AP) - A rodent the size of a buffalo? Researchers say theyhave found fossils for a 1,545-pound giant that thrived millions ofyears ago in a swampy South American forest.``Imagine a weird guinea pig, but huge, with a long tail for balancingon its hind legs and continuously growing teeth,'' said Marcelo R.Sanchez-Villagra of the University of Tubingen in Germany, the firstauthor of a study appearing this week in Science.The formal name of the rodent is Phoberomys pattersoni. The last termis in honor of Brian Patterson, a Harvard professor who led afossil-collection expedition to Venezuela in the 1970s. Informally,the skeleton is called Goya.Researchers found the fossils in a semidesert area of Venezuela, about250 miles west of Caracas.(Dangerous, but kept down the wombat population)Die, thread! Die! Bad thread! Sit! Roll over! Beg!(OK, you can live, but go get my slippers and newspaper) :blink: :ermm: :ph34r:

Good advice...don't hang around the forum on a Wednesday night near midnight...

3 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes 1 guests, 1 members 1 Anonymous Members [ View Complete List ]>Jeber
I checked my deodorant, I don't think that's the problem. Was it something I said? :)

You aren't wearing 'Old Spice' deodorant, are you? That stuff always interacts with your karma. Funky stuff usually happens on Wednesday nights with that combo... I wonder if there's a planetary alignment, as well... :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: