Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Now Temmu, you've been around here long enough to know that without complete and accurate information there is no way for us to offer constructive, or in my case bad, advice. So please, I'll have to ask you to provide the following information:Which shoe? :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you need to have your feet transplanted, so that the correct shoe is on the correct foot.Then duct tape your shoes on...works for football players.Or, if during the transplant, the doctors fail to reconnect the nerves, you can nail your shoes on.Hope this helps. :D

Hey Jeber,Sorry if this if off topic. I have a few questions on the behalf of a nieghbor who practices precision farming. He uses a computer for GPS guidance, but he seems not to be able to make it thru even one pass. The computer slides off the tractor between the tractor tires and gets plowed under before he even knows it. What a shame, as the last three were pretty nice laptops :lol: B).Is it practical to embed a computer into his John Deere 4620 tractor (N.A.P, for reference)? What system and specs would you recommend? Should he use Linux or Windows? Should he use compact flash or hard drives? He does have a concern with heavy vibrations and sudden shocks and jolts. If embedding the computer into the tractor is not advisable, then what is the best way to secure the computer from sliding off? Perhaps he could trade up for a newer tractor with an embedded computer and out of the elements inside the cab. But, he likes the tractor he has and a new tractor would easily set him back $100,000.Is it worthwhile to try to savage any hardware that's still in the field or should it remain intact to help the computer to germinate?Will his last three lost computers sprout? Or, like cracked seed, will they just rot in the ground? What will the plant look like if it takes root? Similar to perienial shrub or tree (like oak, maple, or apple?) or more like anually planted corn, beans, or wheat? When and how can we expect to havest the crop of computers? Will the computers be clones of the lost computers or will they have better genes and newer hardware? I just can't wait to see them grow! :lol: B) :w00t:

Teacher: Even I can't think of any "bad" advice on this one. Flush and replace. Yuck! pc-tecky: bear with me. I have my "field" agents out doing some research on your situation. I'll report the findings A.S.A.P.

pc-tecky and Jeber: My father once set up a truck with an embedded tractor (see The Tructor, here), so here's what he would do in this situation. Step 1 - Buy or weld up a waterproof box. Don't forget to leave yourself a way to get into the thing...okay, go back and make an access door.Step 2 - Drill holes for the cables you need to run. Step 3 - Run the cables through the holes and seal around them.Step 4 - Add foam padding - this cushions the laptop and also soundproofs it so it can concentrate over the noise of the tractor.Step 5 - Weld the box to the tractor behind the seat (on the seat would be better, but your neighbor might want to drive the tractor himself occasionally). Step 6 - Fire the system up and let 'er rip!BTW, if the cases cracked on those laptops, you're outta luck. Cracked laptops are no better than cracked seeds. If the cases weren't cracked, you'll get a huge ungainly growth (reference any typical Microsoft Product Development Tree). The fruit of this tree will be sparse and buggy. If you'd planted Apples, well....

BTW, if the cases cracked on those laptops, you're outta luck. Cracked laptops are no better than cracked seeds. If the cases weren't cracked, you'll get a huge ungainly growth (reference any typical Microsoft Product Development Tree). The fruit of this tree will be sparse and buggy. If you'd planted Apples, well....
Tongue in cheek :( :( :(

I think its everyone's job to help protect the environment. For my part, I'm trying to do a better job of recycling. I separate newspapers and magazines into the yellow recycle bin and bottles and cans into the blue recycle bin. This works really well so that when the recycling is picked up on trash day, I know I've kept those items out of the landfill. The problem is that I don't know which bin to put the stuff from the Recycle Bin on my computer. Do I have to separate the temporary internet files from the cookies? What about deleted documents? What concerns me the most are the tracking cookies that occasionally get left on my computer. Can they be mixed with the regular cookies? Can I just download the entire Recycle Bin to a diskette, but then which bin do I put it in for the trash pickup?I'm sure you can appreciate my dilemma. Any advice would be appreciated. :(

Ooo, ooo.... I got this one!!What you need to do is make a new recycle bin on your computer, so the trash pickup people know what is recycling, and what is regular trash. I suppose you could also seperate the recycle bin into two, that way the tarsh pickup people don't have to sort on pickupday.Make sure you make the recycle bins available to the pickup people, preferrably on a USB hard drive out by the curb. :D ;) ;)

You know, I was all prepared to sit down here and explain all the wonderful and unexpected new insights I've received concerning so many of your questions...But all this talk of Chinese and china and airlines has made me really hungry. Think I'll go see what's in the frig. Be right back...................................................................................................................................... ;)

You know, I was all prepared to sit down here and explain all the wonderful and unexpected new insights I've received concerning so many of your questions...But all this talk of Chinese and china and airlines has made me really hungry.  Think I'll go see what's in the frig.  Be right back................................................................................................................ :D
What's a 'frig'? Is that like a midget 'fridge'? :D :o :D

I like to use the 'it was late' excuse, too. Unfortunately, I don't believe myself when I use it against myself... If someone understood what I just said, you have my condolences :lol: ;) ;)

If this thread can't stand on it's own by now, then let 'er sink. Besides, I was afraid that the "pinned" section was becoming a sub-forum of it's own. :thumbsup: Sorry I've been MIA here lately. I accidently gave some good advice, I thought, in another thread the other night...I'm still a little shakey, but the doctors say recovery is a real possibility. :'(

I accidently gave some good advice, I thought, in another thread the other night...
Oh, Jeber, you haven't got caught up in another thread have you? No wonder this one's unravelling! :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi

Oh, so that is what was going on with all those little pieces of fabric all over the WaterCooler! I thought someone was trying to get some sewing done! LOL! :thumbsup:

Did you forget to dry your socks before putting them on? Socks are like other pieces of clothes - onced washed them must either be hung up all over the house or yard, which ever you prefer or placed in that machine next to the washer, but don't forget to turn it on or they will get moldy sitting in there in a pile

If this thread can't stand on it's own by now, then let 'er sink.  Besides, I was afraid that the "pinned" section was becoming a sub-forum of it's own.  B) Sorry I've been MIA here lately.  I accidently gave some good advice, I thought, in another thread the other night...I'm still a little shakey, but the doctors say recovery is a real possibility.  :w00t:
This thread is entirely too buoyant to sink (with all the hot air, that is B) )

Havnblast, you have just solved one of the greatest mysteries of the universe! Everyone seems to think missing socks were eaten by the washing machine. Come to find out they're all in the water cooler! You're going to go down in history for that discovery. B)