Really Bad Advice

Jeber

No, it's my usual Brute. My dogs seem to like the smell, so I figure it must be good.Of course, they also like the smell of roadkill.Hmmm... :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeber!! How are ya doing?You know, if you give me enough time, I will find more questions to ask ya, so here goes......I just a got a new MP3 player today.... holds 256MB, according to the box. While I don't really know what that means, I am concerned. Here is a pic of what it looks like connected to the computer:yepp.jpgWouldn't it get real heavy with all 256? Should I just prop it up with a bookend??? If not, what then?Thanks!

Let me get this straight...it plays MP3s but holds MBs? I don't know how much 256 MBs would weigh, but that doesn't sound like your real problem. This thing sounds defective. I'd return it. Tell them you want a player that holds MP3s, not MBs. Refuse to leave the store until they satisfy you. Be obnoxious and demanding. You know, brig life can be a real education. :thumbsup:

Well, if you're stuck with it, we just need to figure out how to convert all your MP3 files into MBs. Shouldn't be too hard. Let me consult my manual. He's out in the backyard somewhere. I'll get back to you. ;)

I was just informed that my Manual has been hired away from me by Walmart. Bummer. B) So now I'm off to search eBay for an MP3 to MB converter.I tried Tiger Direct, but just kept getting "LOL"s from the staff. Not very helpful. And I didn't say anything funny. B)

Would the linux command <mv *.mp3 *.mb> do the trick? Does MB have a particular file format? B) Oh wait, nevermind, file extensions don't apply in linux, so that won't help. It'd only be useful in Windows. Unless MB is some metabeta file, and who know what that will do. B)

We need to ask Who, then, since he knows what it will do. Baseball season's over, so he's not playing first base currently. What do those guys do in the off season anyway? So pc-tecky, you track down Who and get us an answer. OK? :'(

Jeber,I tracked down Who, but all he said was "I don't know." So I headed to I don't know's place (on Third St.), and he said "What?" I headed to Second St and found What, but all I got out of him was "I don't give a darn!" Now what do I do? ;) :( :'( o:)

Hmm, well you could try asking anybody, everybody, and somebody. But that might lead you to nobody.Oh how does that saying go.... Everybody thought somebody would "know" something that anybody should "know" but nobody did. :'( :whistling:The good folks at RadioShack should know as their motto is, "You have questions, we have answers." Try asking for Nobody at RadioShack and you'll get the strangest of looks - very bizarre. o:) ;)

I was just reading the LangaList, and he mentions screen reading programs, great solutions for the blind and visually impaired, as well as multitaskers and the truly lazy. The only problem is that these programs can be very expensive, and require hours of "training".Meanwhile, on the news, was a story regarding the high unemployment problem in this country.Let's solve two problems with a single solution.Hire an unemployed person to read your documents, emails, etc. to you. :thumbsup:

It makes too much sense.
Is that an offer? I could be available any day now. And I have a wonderful "radio" trained voice. :)
i like your new avatar
My current avatar philosophy is; I use the one that most closely reflects my mood that week. They all reflect a part of me, perhaps none so much as the little red hatted penguin. But the "resident alien" applies all the time. I never have really felt a part of this planet. :) If you ever have the chance (or interest), read "The Outsider" by Colin Wilson. You'll understand far more about me than I ever did until I read it back in the late 70's. :)

Be sure and pick up a copy of my latest tome, "Avatars: the Psychological and Sociological Implications of a Cartoon Representation of the Inner Self":, available someday at a bookstore or pawn shop near you. Limited edition hard cover, in chocolate covered slip case, signed by the author...$599. In paperback, $6.99. :lol:

Guest LilBambi

I don't think it was the chocolate itself that made the price go up ... it was all the labor involved in creating AND MAINTAINING such a "chocolate covered slip case" LOL! :D

Cholate covered slip cases?!? What a futile effort only to have it all eaten up in the end. You're making me hungry. Long term storage is definitely out of the question. I dearly hope the book shelvers are not chocoholics. Those books would never make it out of the back room. How will you keep those books cool long enough to even sell? If the chocolate gets above 80°F, then the chocolate will melt creating a delicous yet horrible mess. But then again, there's nothing like eating your way through a book. :w00t:I only wish reading was indeed so enjoyable when it comes to writing research papers. Thinking of which, why are research papers so time comsuming and boring? :D

It's a plot - and my wife, who's gone back to school, will back me up on this - to make sure only the most dedicated got-no-visible-life students get anywhere and to insure that the supply of boring and time consuming research papers continues to grow. Those who show special promise in writing dry and mind-numbing drivel are drafted into the field of research writing and are never seen again - although their writings appear periodically, especially in so-called research journals. :D

:huh: :o :lol: :lol: :D :P So that's what happen to those now missing students? ;) Well, back to the project...whoa, err, well, now it's to school. ;) How easily I get side tracted in this very useful forum. o:)My mind is now thoroughy numbed with all that reading. ;) Day five and counting. Yuck. ;) :thumbsup: