Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Wait...I think I meant I would take no responsibilty for those who did take my bad advice..........or did I mean I wouldn't take responsibility if no one took my bad advice............................................or maybe that I'd take no one's bad advice responsibly..........................................................man, I don't know. I know I meant something...just don't recall what it was. :devil:

What kind of music will the monitor best head-bang with?
Either album by the group "Orgy".
how do I remove this shard of glass from my forehead?
See? What did I tell you? I can see the future...I'm a sidekick. :) Just leave it alone, it will fall out eventually. Jeez, haven't you done enough damage for one day? Give it up...go to bed. But don't sleep face down! You'll cut open the pillow...duck feathers will stick in the blood...just sleep on your back...unless you managed to screw that up too.[RETURN TO LURKING MODE]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just spent the day observing things in an emergency room. It is amazing what they can do with a staple gun. Zwap, Zwap, Zwap. Done. Taken care of. :devil: :)

See?  What did I tell you?  I can see the future...I'm a sidekick. :w00t:
Would that be kong fu style?Phew, what relief. I nearly made the mistake of sleeping face down before teacher came along. I can sleep face down without fear of slicing the pillow wide open now. However, I'm starting to feel a slight throbbing pain. What should I do now?

I can't help but think for all the money it costs to be in the hospital, they could use a technology a little more dignified and elegant than staples. A stainless steel zipper perhaps, in case a return visit were required.

I can't help but think for all the money it costs to be in the hospital, they could use a technology a little more dignified and elegant than staples.  A stainless steel zipper perhaps, in case a return visit were required.
They didn't even use a staple-puller to remove them. They just yanked them out and then put tape on top. Only it was not just tape but special tape that has to be left on until it falls off. >_< Then they send you home. B) Don't talk about repeats and zippers. It was bad enough on the bone marrow when the doc was talking about when they do a dozen at once on a person. Ouch!

Guest LilBambi

Ha! Staples are great compared to the Clamps they used before Staples! EEEK! Those were the worst! B) Take it from someone who has had both ... Clamps in '73, Staples, in '75 and '77.I'll take Staples anyday (if I have to have one or the other ... hope to have neither one ... ever again though!! >_

I really did not hear any complaints when they removed the staples. Maybe the drugs from the bone marrow biopsy had not worn off yet and he was feeling no pain. I was still stunned that they did that right in front of me. I thought they would wheel him out but the surgeon and the pathologist just came in and went to town. All I can say is if anyone offers to do a bone marrow biopsy on me I think I will run the other direction. :blink: Actually I think the medical version of super glue is the only way to go. Just glue me together and send me on my way. :DFran I am with you though - I prefer to have nothing needed! I've never heard of them using clamps. I have an image of a large set of vice clamps holding someone together. Glad to see we are in the really bad advice thread because clamos just sound like really bad advice. Where's Stryder with his shovel?

I may have to start a "Really Bad Medical Advice" thread. I could have been a doctor. I know how to spell Band-aid. And I can rub my chin and say, "take two and call me in the morning".My first post would be on the use of velcro over staples.Oh wait...I'd have to learn how to play golf...........and hang around sick people....... :blink: Maybe I'll rethink this.

Well, to ease your mind on that, some of the best (medium and worst) doctors (and pharmacists :lol: ) are quite poor at golf. You could fit right in with little/no effort :blink:

Jeber, just don't forget the meds for that pulsy when you go in to do surgery. :w00t:And what's wrong with hanging around sick people?You're immune system will build up over time.

Dr. Jeber says...If one operates on the patient and finds spaghetti, you'd best be opening the stomach. Otherwise, you're going to have some explaining to do to the board of inquiry. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you're all aware of the need to defragment (geekspeak=defrag) your hard drive. How often is a matter of personal choice, but should be no more often than once every 47 seconds.But before you can defragment your drive, it must first become "fragged".This can be done one of two ways; automatically or manually.To automatically fragment your drive: set the cluster size to 5. If I understand the concept correctly (and there's certainly no assurance of that), this should result in every bit being written to your drive existing in groups of five. Since even the most simple thing you save, for example, contains thousands of bits, this should then result in the one program being spread all over your drive. 15 bits here, 60 more over there... Then what you need to do (OK, so it's not fully automatic...sue me) is go on line and download about 30 different programs, the bigger download the better, and save them all to one drive. Then install each of the programs. Then uninstall each of those programs. Empty the trash. Delete a few temp files. Play a few games. If you use Diskeeper, the next time you start it up the amount of red in the display should blind you, on a good monitor.To manually frag your drive: most experts recommend either your standard Army- issue fragmentary grenade, or, to create the maximum degree of fragmentation, your basic claymore mine. If you choose the grenade, simply pull the pin and place the grenade in the computer case. Be sure you are properly grounded. A wrist strap is recommended, also by experts. Close the case and leave the room. You may want to leave the state...and change your name. With the claymore, place it in the computer case with the rounded side facing toward the motherboard. This is rather important. You----------)------------motherboard. The elipsis is the claymore, aimed away from you. Attach the enclosed wires. If wires were not included with your claymore, promptly return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Use the money to buy about 5 grenades. You never know when a friend will need your help, and grenades really will do the trick just as well as the claymore. Anyway, once the wires are attached, sit back...no, further back........a little more.....OK, and connect them to the battery. If no battery was included with your claymore, please return it promptly to the place of purchase for a full refund. You still may want to consider relocating to another state. And no matter what type of defrag utility you use, no matter how much you paid for it or how well it's worked in the past...you will not be able to defrag a manually fragmented drive. Ever.

If I remember correctly, there is additional help written on said claymore that says:POINT THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMYit's been a long time since I've handled one, so I could be mistaken. ;) but I DO remember, the ones we were issued said boldly:DO NOT EAT ;) one can determine for themselves whether that's really bad advice or not!!

Guest LilBambi

Oh, Jeber ... LOL! Pickin' myself up off the floor again! This thread should come with a warning ... I am gonna have to find a pillow to put beside my computer chair LOL!You guys are all so funny! :w00t:

A Claymore? Hmm, a long skinny sword roughly 6' long or did I miss something? If I read that correctly, you'll just pierce and kill the mobo without killing the hard drive. Did I miss something in those directions? ;) How do you expect to fit a Claymore into a computer case that offers you at best only 4' on the diagonal? Where do you buy a Claymore at? I looked around for those gernades, but all I got was funny looks. :blink:I'm thinking this is the sword that is hanging on the wall in the back ground in this RealLife Comics scene.:ermm: Good 'bad advice.' :unsure: :whistling:

A Claymore? Hmm, a long skinny sword roughly 6' long or did I miss something? If I read that correctly, you'll just pierce and kill the mobo without killing the hard drive. Did I miss something in those directions? :o How do you expect to fit a Claymore into a computer case that offers you at best only 4' on the diagonal? Where do you buy a Claymore at? I looked around for those gernades, but all I got was funny looks. :D
Said_ClaymoreI could use one of these for my work computer. It's a P3 550MHz running 98 and Office 97. This must be the model that people were eating.

:D Neighbor, fussin' n cussin' bout your greenery...... hummm ..... get spray bottle .... fill with Clorox/Purex bleach ..... when neighbor has left for a session with the shrink .... put spray bottle on steady stream ... open fire on the lawn the shrubs and most anything else you can think of. Those white spots on his lawn will drive him nuts. :o

Said_ClaymoreI could use one of these for my work computer.  It's a P3 550MHz running 98 and Office 97.  This must be the model that people were eating.
yup, those are the ones. old, trip-wire versions. Definaltely not for the balance impaired.

To manually frag your drive...
My favorite way to "frag" my hard-drive is to play a nice long game of Quake III against my hard-drive bot. :o This makes sure my drive is completely "fragged!" :D