Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Hmm... Let me just... grunts... grunts even more... curses! I think I just pulled something... grunts once more.... get back here behind it. I have a whole bunch of holes. Most of them are long and narrow strips in the plastic. Why are there so many holes in the back of this thing? Let's see, now what do we have here? A set of 1/4" holes. This first one has R above it, this second one has G above it, this third one has B above it, this fourth one has H above it, and lastly, this fifth one has V above it. Are these for movie ratings? Hmm, let's see what's over here. This set of knobs protrude out with a tiny hole in the middle of them and looks metalic. The first one is yellow, the second one is white, the third one is red and they read video and stereo that branches above R and L. There this long black cable that goes from the wall to the tv. Boy this one is really tight. Grunts pulling cable. Grunts more while pulling cable more - tv jumps from the exected force. I think I nearly have it. Cable comes free and the sound of static from the tv now fills the room. Yells, "change the channe!" Looks some more with the static blaring. And of course this other cable goes to the eletrical outlet. And I have this pair of srews just sitting back here. Hmm, very interesting. Grunts serval times while popping out from behind the tv. Hmm, nobody's home. Changes channel - static. Changes channel - more static. Curses! Well I guess I'll have to call the tv repair man again. Turns off television. Does that help with any thing?What's with this thing they call a computer?And what's this thing they call the interent again?Sorry, I'm just one slow learner I guess.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, pc-tecky, this could be a challenge. Too many holes. Perhaps you should just start sticking the end of the cable into them one by one until you either get a picture or a bunch of 1's and 0's. Or better yet, sell your TV in a yard sale, and use the money to buy newer parts for your computer. If you have a computer, you don't need a TV. Or family, either, for that matter. You'll never see either of them on a regular basis again, anyway. :thumbsup:

If this occurs after you've placed water and coffee grounds in the unit...drink it.If this occurs before you've added anything to it, carefully repack it and return it to the location you pilfered...I'm sorry, purchased it from for a full refund. :thumbsup:

question:  i bought this expresso maker.  alright thats not the question.  question:  brown stuff comes out of it... what do i do?  :lol:
Why, you put in your favorite levels of sugar and cream into an appropriate hot beverage container and drink it!Brilliant!!Just be wary of trying to use the cup holder on your computer. They apparently aren't compatible with Linux or Windows.

C'mon guys, you're getting off-track...the last two posts sounded almost like good advice! Yikes, we don't want no stinkin' good advice in this thread.

C'mon guys, you're getting off-track...the last two posts sounded almost like good advice! Yikes, we don't want no stinkin' good advice in this thread.
Sorry zlim,Let me try again. Temmu, you should stick your mouth where the brown stuff comes out, then turn it on. That way you don't have to worry about the cup or holder. Of course, this means you'll be drinking it black. But think of all the energy you save by not having to turn on the cup holder or washing the cups.

That's because Windows is more a "decaf" system. For a real jolt, you know where to go. :D

That's because Windows is more a "decaf" system.  For a real jolt, you know where to go.  :D
Maybe you had better clarify that one for me...... B) :D Julia :P

I bought this Sun Microsystems Ultra Enterprise 2 (dual processors so it can work twice as hard) as I heard several friends in the IT industry say that they make for really good servers. How can I get it to do housework? It just sits there looking stupid wheneven i ask it to do something. I would greatly appreciate advise on how to coerce this server to actually do some work such as answer the door, answer the phone, wash to the cloths, make the dinner, and make the bed. Do I need to upgrade to a newer model?

Over clocking involves more than buying a bigger clock.... you have to make it run faster too...... so you need a REALLY big battery, or you need to wire it up to work off of household AC power. :)

No, no, no, no...The way to overclock the server is to locate as many clocks as possible and set the timer on each one to when you want something scheduled to be done. On each clock place a sticky note on it describing the work to be done at the time that the alarm goes off. Of course, some servers don't do Windows©, so that one may be ignored. As any overclocker will tell you, overclocking will void your warranty and if you overclock too much, you may break something.

A note from mother in the student's best handwriting:

You have my permission for whatever it is that Johnny needs permission today.......Signed Johnny's mother
Notes signed by parents are a joke at best. Then again I won't mention who has a daughter that when she was in the first grade had the teacher call home because the note was signed TOM in her best printing......... When asked why she signed Tom instead of Julia the answer was simple - --- she could spell Tom......Julia :blink:

A note from mother in the student's best handwriting:
That's assuming they want to be overclocked!I'm guessing they aren't. B)My 15 year old forged my name recently. The Assistant Principle could tell it wasn't mine because she could read it. :D Really, it wasn't even close. Obviously, a last minute thing to avoid suspension. It was a silly referal to not show us. The one we did see was of a worse behavior. She just forgot to bring the one home.

Another thought.....In light of the explosion of posts in All Things Linux, shouldn't we require a note from a spouse or parent before someone is allowed to post there? :D

OK. You be first. I want a signed note from mom that you are allowed to post plus understanding that she knows what is going on!Julia :D

OK.  You be first.  I want a signed note from mom that youa re allowed to post plus understanding that she knows what is going on!Julia ;)
How about this note? certifiable1.jpgOops, wrong note. Note to self: Must find a different note. :D

Question:If "flammable" and "inflammable" are synonymous,what about "sane" and "insane"? :url:

OK.  You be first.  I want a signed note from mom that you are allowed to post plus understanding that she knows what is going on!
I called my mom today..... she said she would try to scan and e-mail a note to me..... but she is having computer problems. Problems so bad, in fact, that she is now calling the computer "Hal"! I am not sure that the note will be snt or not..... :)

That's the problem..... her internet connection is extremely erratic. There are times that she simply cannot connect!

Question:If "flammable" and "inflammable" are synonymous,what about "sane" and "insane"?  :)
45 pages ..........Really good advice..........i'll be at Bellevue Phsych Center so forward my mail...patio. :)