• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• longgone

• Bruno

• ross549

• RD1

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :P ..(need a few moreicons here)Welll.... after all of that work ... we are still in the same stadium, in the same nose bleed seats, watching the same dog chase it's tail ................. in other words """ no change """, and that is in all three browsers ... :D :thumbsup:

I don't get it !!! . . . Let us do another test:Reboot Mandrake and see if you can play Pogo there . . . . It is gettting late here so I will see your answer in the morning and I will have all day to come up with plan BB) Bruno

If in about:plugins you see the plugin . . . go to another site that requirers java and see what that site says . . All your java's are i386:

/usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so/usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so/home/dale/j2re1.4.2_06/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so/home/dale/j2re1.4.2_06/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
:D Bruno

..... Bruno ,,,,, :P :lol: ;) ....I have come to the conclusion that in SuSE there are software d/ls that require a reboot in order for them to complete the installation ... I say that, since now, after a break (shut down) and rebooting .. the java works in Pogo .. I shall file this away for future info.... :P

???Really now ..... well here is a good one for linux guru research ... SuSE is the only OS 'nix wise that I have installed that I could go to the Pogo web site and have it work (play games) right frrom the DVD ... all the others needed to d/l java ... in SuSE using Konqueror no problem .... but then I d/l, installed Firefox and we both know what came next

:) B) ... Agatha Christie must be around somewhere .. :pirate: :angry2: ..last question and then I can put this thread to sleep ... want to change the boot distro but have not done this in Drake 10.0 before ... went into MCC >boot>boot loader > and tried to change it there with no luck .. it is listed /dev/hda and SuSE lives on hda10 so I changed the indicated boot to read /dev/hda10 instead of /dev/hda ,,,, but ,, it did not work so obviously I did not do something ... or at least not all of something

Hi DaleThe boot distro ?? . . .You mean the default boot ? The distro that boots if you do not touch the keyboard when lilo comes ??:) Bruno

Password:[root@localhost dale]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this fileboot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapdefault="Mandrake10"keytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="Mandrake10"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-i686-up-4GB        label="Drake10-4GB"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd-i686-up-4GB.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="failsafe"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="failsafe acpi=ht devfs=nomount"        read-onlyimage=/boot/drake90/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdkenterprise        label="Mandrake90"        root=/dev/hda1        initrd=/boot/drake90/initrd-2.4.19-16mdkenterprise.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=bt splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/knoppix/vmlinuz-2.4.27        label="Knoppix-24"        root=/dev/hda9        initrd=/boot/knoppix/initrd.img-2.4.27        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/knoppix/vmlinuz-2.6.7        label="Knoppix-26"        root=/dev/hda9        initrd=/boot/knoppix/initrd.img-2.6.7        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/slack/vmlinuz-ide-2.4.26        label="Slackware"        root=/dev/hda8        append="hdc=ide-scsi"        vga=791        read-onlyimage=/boot/suse/vmlinuz-2.6.5-7.111.5-default        label="SUSE"        root=/dev/hda10        initrd=/boot/suse/initrd-2.6.5-7.111.5-default        append="desktop splash=silent resume=/dev/hda5"        vga=0x317        read-onlyimage=/boot/cooker/vmlinuz-2.6.8-0.rc2.2mdk        label="Cooker"        root=/dev/hdb9        initrd=/boot/cooker/initrd-2.6.8-0.rc2.2mdk.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyother=/dev/hda3        label="windows"        table=/dev/hdaother=/dev/fd0        label="floppy"        unsafe[root@localhost dale]#

GREAT !Now, this is the top of that file:

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this fileboot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapdefault="Mandrake10" <====================== Change to "SUSE"keytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
Just open the file in kwrite ( # kwrtite /etc/lilo.conf ) and change that Mandrake in SUSE . . .ONLY there !!Then save the file and show me again:
# cat /etc/lilo.conf

:"> Bruno

I had a feeling when you asked for /etc/lilo.conf .. ewhat was about to happen

boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapdefault="SUSE"keytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="Mandrake10"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-i686-up-4GB        label="Drake10-4GB"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd-i686-up-4GB.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="failsafe"        root=/dev/hdb1        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="failsafe acpi=ht devfs=nomount"        read-onlyimage=/boot/drake90/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdkenterprise        label="Mandrake90"        root=/dev/hda1        initrd=/boot/drake90/initrd-2.4.19-16mdkenterprise.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=bt splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/knoppix/vmlinuz-2.4.27        label="Knoppix-24"        root=/dev/hda9        initrd=/boot/knoppix/initrd.img-2.4.27        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/knoppix/vmlinuz-2.6.7        label="Knoppix-26"        root=/dev/hda9        initrd=/boot/knoppix/initrd.img-2.6.7        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/slack/vmlinuz-ide-2.4.26        label="Slackware"        root=/dev/hda8        append="hdc=ide-scsi"        vga=791        read-onlyimage=/boot/suse/vmlinuz-2.6.5-7.111.5-default        label="SUSE"        root=/dev/hda10        initrd=/boot/suse/initrd-2.6.5-7.111.5-default        append="desktop splash=silent resume=/dev/hda5"        vga=0x317        read-onlyimage=/boot/cooker/vmlinuz-2.6.8-0.rc2.2mdk        label="Cooker"        root=/dev/hdb9        initrd=/boot/cooker/initrd-2.6.8-0.rc2.2mdk.img        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyother=/dev/hda3        label="windows"        table=/dev/hdaother=/dev/fd0        label="floppy"        unsafe[root@localhost dale]#

[root@localhost dale]# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hdaIgnoring entry 'boot'Added Mandrake10Added Drake10-4GBAdded failsafeAdded Mandrake90Added Knoppix-24Added Knoppix-26Added SlackwareAdded SUSE *Added CookerAdded windowsAdded floppy[root@localhost dale]#
by jove ... I'm off to try it ...

:"> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .......By jove .. Mr. Bruno .. it works just peachy ... now on to my next situation (font enlargement on a permanent basis) and yes .. this thread can go to sleep now .... nite nite

GREAT NEWS DALE !!!:thumbsup: BrunoPS: Next time please start a new thread for every new problem . . . it is so hard to find things back in such long threads that handles several issues . . . :">