MDK 10 here

kamicota

Colin . . while you are updating . . in another desktop, just to be sure we make a backup of the XFree file: ( As SU ):

# cp  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4-backup

Do it before it finishes the updates B) :DB) Bruno

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• SonicDragon

• quint

Bruno Have the 235 MB of updates BUT get this While preparing for installation: file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of libxfree86-4.4.0-1tex conflicts with file from package fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.7.0While tryin to install themColin

That is correct Colin . . you will have to remove that one before doing the updates again . . just search synaptic for "fglrx" and mark it for removal.B) BrunoPS: Did you make the backup I asked you ?

ColinYou tick the box of "fglrx" and then press the "-remove" button . . and then the "apply" button . . . . B) Bruno

Colin . . if it still does not work: Cancel the updates, close synaptic . . . and open it again, then first do the removal and after that the updates :DB) Bruno

Well BrunoLooks as if a) it didn't remove it ORB) there were two to removeThe updates are in and we are in KDE 3.2BUT I had to do a Cold Shut down as it stalled on shut downBut will play with that laterThanks B) as alwaysColin :whistling:

Great Colin !!The failure on shutdown was normal in this case ! Because it wanted to shutdown KDE 3.1 and that one was not there anymore because it was replaced by KDE 3.2 . . . . . B) :DWas this all for today or are there more wishes and tweaks ?:whistling: Bruno

Boy BrunoDO NOT invite me there for Wishes and tweaks :devil: I will play with a little later as I am still in a state of euphoria and still have to set up my printers.The forum deserves :lol: a rest from the "Smilie" guyI AM GRATEFUL for all the help :whistling: :'( :'( and think I HEAR AMSTERDAM callingColin ;) :devil: B)

Great Colin ! . . . So we close the shop for today . . . no more questions from Colin B) . . . . . See you tomorrow ! ;):whistling: Bruno