2005-2006 Screenshots

nilson

NilsonThat is probably just the screen shot that does that. They don't have the same resolution as the actual picture. ;)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone i am also including dropline gnome and i havent done anything its all stock except for a few plugins in gkrellmsnapshot25rz.th.pngthe thing is you need 2.6 kernel to run dropline this is how i installed mines slackware kernel 2.6 easy way i did have a few problems .... one of them was

xlib: connection to 0.0 refused by serverxlib: no protocol specified
no matter what i tried... but i found some help here from these great folks :hmm: it also switched me back to gdm instead of kdm so i switched right back again .... and also droped my runlevel in /etc/inittab from 4 to runlevel 3 .. that was easily fixed .. hmmmm yeah i also lost xmms i but i got some bmp thingybmpmediaplayer9ya.th.pngnow that everything was all fixed everything seems to be working goood this is the end result again all stock havent done anything to it ..snapshot34tx.th.pngi did change a few of those gnome annoying settings like this...ohh by the way is this is Dropline GNOME 2.10.0 Edited by steel

I must say I'm totally impressed with Mandrake 10.2. I decided to celebrate the new distro by deviating from my usual sedate desktop and go for a bit of color. Thank goodness Ayo at www.73lab.com posted one that fit my interests perfectly, color and canines. Here's the result.

BMP is great--it's just like XMMS, but it's gtk2, so you can't go wrong (right?) :hmm:
thats true Neil i was just suprised when that replace xmms , so far i did notice something i cant do in normal xmms and that is to save live stream ... i cant see that option on there, and i went through all the settings perhaps i missed it ... will check it out again later on today ..

I decided to celebrate the new distro by deviating from my usual sedate desktop and go for a bit of color. 
WOW Jeber i am blind cos its so colorful :P seriously it looks great :hmm:

Hi Jeber . . cool . . . really nice stuff at http://www.73lab.com/ !! Great find !I would almost switch to Debian so I could use this one: http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~ayo/dista...e_1280_1024.pngHi Steel . . . . keep us posted on the Beep Media Player it seems to take leaps ahead :P . . . . . About your x-lib error, see this: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...14&t=503&st=295:hmm: Bruno

Hi Steel . . . . keep us posted on the Beep Media Player it seems to take leaps ahead :) . . . . . About your x-lib error, see this: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...14&t=503&st=295
hi Brunoi orginally used the link from Greg problem to fix it, but also copied notes of the link that you posted... and far as that wallpaper its nice, goes great with my Sarge :D and i was wrong about the Beep Media player... but i was looking at it at 2am i am sure at that time of hour i had a hard time finding the keyboard with one eye open :lol: but yes Beep lets you can save live streams to hd... and more neat settings on it then xmms ...

if i can add something to this ... i guess that Beep is not new but new to me and its avaliable to debian or debian based ...

$ apt-cache search beepbeep-media-player - Versatile audio player that supports Winamp skinsbeep-media-player-dev - Beep Media Player development static library and header filesbeep-media-player-scrobbler - Beep plugin to send track information to audioscrobblergxmms - Simple GNOME applet to control the basic functions of XMMS or bmp
if you needed more info you can do $ apt-cache show beep-media-player and will give you more info about the varies thingshavent checked if its in mandrake or pclos yet but i also installed on Sarge and its really nice :rolleyes:

I love this thread. I was looking at it at a friend's house while on the road this weekend. They looked at the shots I was viewing and indicated they wanted to know how they could get theirs to look like this. Of course this followed with a discussion of operating systems and how they too could have a cool desktop! :) Then again, one friend said he was using something called fedora and wanted to know if he could do that. I had to tell him that was up to NASA and whether they would let him mess with his desktop. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Great wallpaper. Do you have a shot showing what you are using - the distro and how you have it set up? All I see is wallpaper. That is a great selection. :P

Great wallpaper. Do you have a shot showing what you are using - the distro and how you have it set up? All I see is wallpaper. That is a great selection. :)
Plain-n-simple ... desktop26wn.th.jpg

woohooo SuperKaramba! I use that one too!
Yup, use it for Folding@Home so I can keep an eye on it ... got Gkrellm on DT1 and it has a plug-in too, but I can't get it to work. >_< :)

The special part is to see how far he has come and what he has configured for a brand new user as well as seeing personal preferences. ;) Mucks has done great. You do like living dangerously Ivan - Gnome in PClos? What fun.

• 4 weeks later...
misunderstruck
First there are some great images in this post! Here is my contribution... E17 on my FreeBSD 6.0. :devil:
Nice! I'm using the Carbon-14 theme for E17 too. I like the slow change of the big "e" in the background.

• 3 weeks later...