• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like PCLos has become my main distro on my laptop. It has some really nice built-in wallpapers and this is one of them. ;) I have to stop and think how many backgrounds I have. Three distros on the laptop with 9 backgrounds, and about 8 distros on the tower wtih about 29 different backgrounds. Then we can add in the two from work. Guess what? You don't have to look at all of them because I am not posting any others.B)snapshot14ls.th.png

Here is one from me of PCLos too . . . .with Fluxbox and xfishtank . . those fish are really swimming ( moving ) in the background . . . you start them with

xfishtank -b 50 -f 20 -c <color>

. . . . 117123805_f90f2d6595_m.jpgxfishtank is fun B) :o Bruno

Here is one from me of PCLos too . . . .with Fluxbox and xfishtank . . those fish are really swimming ( moving ) in the backgroundWoohaa!!Excuse me Bruno, but the most impressive memory utilization in gkrellm what i seen in a long time.You Are a Real Artist.

Woohaa!! Excuse me Bruno, but the most impressive memory utilization in gkrellm what i seen in a long time.
:lol: . . . Hi Ivan . . wasn't I clever to catch that peak at the right time ? :thumbsup: ( I had to check though :) ) . . . . And because I was having such fun with the Xfishtank . .. here is IceWM with the little moving fish in the background B) . . . . . .117123483_04b661750d_m.jpg <-- Click( Sorry, no animation in the screenshot :rolleyes: )Hint: Xfishtank ( like Xearth ) works best in Flux, IceWM and WidowMmaker ;)B) Bruno

Hi Brunodont the fish get your mointor wet with all that swimming? :thumbsup: looks good though here is another look at my flux i found the icons a li to big so i gimped em down to size and added a few more and also was looking at a few more plugins herehere is my latest screen shotsnapshot7pi.th.pngalso got the new amarok although i wasnt a big fan off amarok new one looks good .. they even have a live cd :">

Nice one Rolana . . that is also one of my favorite wallpapers . . . . . and ofcourse I like the transparant taskbar :thumbsup::thumbsup: BrunoPS: I rated it a 10 :">

wow 19 ..... yes please  :">  :thumbsup:

On their way is a plugins.tar.gz . . . . and a GrabWeather file . . . The plugins go in /usr/lib/gkrellm2/plugins . . . the GrabWeather goes in /usr/bin/GrabWeather and is needed by /usr/lib/gkrellm2/plugins/gkrellweather.so . . . . because else the gkrellweather does not work :)Permissions:
[bruno:~]$ ls -al /usr/bin/GrabWeather-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 4389 Jul 23  2004 /usr/bin/GrabWeather*[bruno:~]$ ls -al /usr/lib/gkrellm2/pluginstotal 812drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   4096 Dec 12 14:34 ./drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   4096 Dec 12 13:14 ../-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  22512 Jul 23  2004 fmonitor.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  28240 Jul 23  2004 gkleds.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  24440 Jul 23  2004 gkrellmbgchg.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  10032 Jul 23  2004 gkrellm-hddtemp.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   9880 Jul 23  2004 gkrellm_itime.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  16444 Jul 23  2004 gkrellmlaunch.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 194832 Jul 23  2004 gkrellmoon.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  53840 Jul 23  2004 gkrellmss.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  27376 Jul 23  2004 gkrellm_timers.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 124656 Jul 23  2004 gkrellsun.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  14064 Jul 23  2004 gkrelltop2.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  23024 Jul 23  2004 gkrellweather.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   6252 Jul 23  2004 gkx86info.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  28224 Jul 23  2004 mailwatch.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  27792 Jul 23  2004 radio.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  51664 Jul 23  2004 reminder.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  59760 Jul 23  2004 seti.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  30768 Jul 23  2004 volume.so*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  15588 Jul 23  2004 wireless.so*

:thumbsup: Bruno

Well I thought I would try and upload a shot of my desktop
Rolana thats a really nice Desktop, and wallpaper look great..Brunoi got everything all straighten .. cos i didnt know how to set the right weather but everything perfect now ... thank you ..

. cos i didnt know how to set the right weather but everything perfect now ...
LOl . . . yep the Sidney Airport weather is the default one . . . and I suppose that is no good to you . . :lol::hmm: Bruno

• 2 weeks later...
LOl . . . yep the Sidney Airport weather is the default one . . . and I suppose that is no good to you  . . :lol:
i figured how to get the right weather so it doesnt say 80's and there is a frigging snow storm out my door :blink: ... its kde that gives me a tougher time getting everything the way that i want ... like example i dont know how to make ??? forgot the name of it transparent ... see what i meansnapshot25yx.th.pnggnome,flutbox, windowmaker and afterstep are easier to configure kde is tougher ... maybe cos i dont spend much time on it Edited by steel

gnome,flutbox, windowmaker and afterstep are  easier to configure kde is tougher ... maybe cos i dont spend much time on it
Hey Steel.What are you complaining about? Your KDE desktop just looks GREAT!IMHOIvan

hi Ivani thought it looked ok but i wanted to hide thos two things and didnt know how to do it :lol: thats why i said small window managers are easier you just create your icons :D .... also that your here was going to ask you if there was a list for pclos and sources list .... pclos is awesome :blink: i lend my ATL and PClOS to a friend and sure is taking his time returning it ...they told me they would borrow my cds and copy em.. i am still waiting... i do know they love it ...

What do you want to hide Louis ?? Those two gray things that say Gkrellm and ScotsNewsletterForum ??( BTW: Looks great your desktop ! :lol: ):blink: Bruno

hi Ivani thought it looked ok but i wanted to hide thos two things and didnt know how to do it    :lol:  thats why i said small window managers are easier you just create your icons  :D .... also that your here was going to ask you if there was a list for pclos and sources list .... pclos is awesome  :blink:  i lend my ATL and PClOS to a friend and sure is taking his time returning it ...they told me they would borrow my cds and copy em.. i am still waiting... i do know they love it ...

I am not sure Louis what do you mean list and sources list.if you are wondering about mailing list it is at http://www.pclinuxonline.com/mailman/listi...linuxonline.comthe irc is at irc.efnet.net/#pclinuxos, and the apt-get lists in the /etc/apt/sources.listIs that what you are looking for?Ivan

What do you want to hide Louis ?? Those two gray things that say Gkrellm and ScotsNewsletterForum ??( BTW: Looks great your desktop ! :thumbsup:
Hi Brunothanks, yeap i would love to make thos two gray things " Gkrellm and ScotsNewsletterForum " transparent if i can or either hide them if i cant make them transparent ... i just dont know how to do it though :thumbsdown:

I am not sure Louis what do you mean list and sources list.if you are wondering about mailing list it is at http://www.pclinuxonline.com/mailman/listi...linuxonline.comthe irc is at irc.efnet.net/#pclinuxos, and the apt-get lists in the /etc/apt/sources.listIs that what you are looking for?Ivan
hi Ivan thanks for the additional info ... orginally i was wondering about your thread KDE 3.4 in PCLos "unstable", For the more adventurous ;) and had no idea how you were getting 3.4 cos i never seen any refference to the 3.4 anywhere on my system :thumbsup: thought that perhaps there was another version i had no idea about :thumbsdown: thats why i was asking if there was a dfferent sources list around Louis

Hi Brunothanks, yeap i would love to make thos two gray things "  Gkrellm and ScotsNewsletterForum "  transparent if i can or either hide them if i cant make them transparent ... i just dont know how to do it though  :thumbsdown:

Okay Dteel . . that setting is deep hidden in the KDE Control Center --> Look & Feel --> Taskbar --> Check the box "Show only minimized windows" . . . ;) . . . and you simply never minimize them :thumbsup: ( But you will probably need more then the 2 virtual desktops you have now :D )B) Bruno

Bruno i did that and also added more virtual desktops :thumbsdown: and only one that i left open was scots was trying to get all my fishes and the duck for the screen shot but the duck swam away before i can capture it :thumbsup: snapshot246qc.th.pngthe fish represent network activity and when your downloading they move fast ..

LOl . . . yep the Sidney Airport weather is the default one . . . and I suppose that is no good to you  . . :thumbsup:
i figured how to get the right weather so it doesnt say 80's and there is a frigging snow storm out my door :thumbsdown: ... its kde that gives me a tougher time getting everything the way that i want ... like example i dont know how to make ??? forgot the name of it transparent ... see what i meansnapshot25yx.th.pnggnome,flutbox, windowmaker and afterstep are easier to configure kde is tougher ... maybe cos i dont spend much time on it

What calendar app is that, steel?

What calendar app is that, steel?
hi Ross its called gdeskcal here is a linki know its its avaliable in mandrake cooker, debian sarge testing or unstable, not sure about the others.. was looking for one for my pclos i really like its out of the way and easy if you have to check dates or months .. if you see it for pclos let me know too .. not sure if i can install a cooker app on pclos :thumbsdown: maybe Bruno or Ivan can answer that, or someone here thats more experience with Pclos Louis

Hi steel.....I got it working... does not need to be compiled.......You need pygtk and pyxml2.0... both are available in Synaptic. I extracted the tar.gz file to my home, moved the folder to /usr/local/share, and linked it to /usr/bin/gdeskcal. Voila! :thumbsdown:

Great shots, everyone!Hope you don't mind if I join in.Nothing special yet, 'cause I'm still moving in, getting the furniture arranged, etc..Suse:suse9_1.thumb.jpgBuffalo:buff1_7.thumb.jpg

Hi steel.....I got it working... does not need to be compiled.......You need pygtk and pyxml2.0... both are available in Synaptic. I extracted the tar.gz file to my home, moved the folder to /usr/local/share, and linked it to /usr/bin/gdeskcal. Voila! :)
hey thats great Adam great job :thumbsup: i followed your lead and i did it too, i wasnt to sure if it would conflict thats why i asked first, i think its a nice feature.. hope that you like it as well ..only thing missing now is more themes :D

Great shots, everyone!Hope you don't mind if I join in.Nothing special yet, 'cause I'm still moving in, getting the furniture arranged, etc..
hi jaquoval thanks for sharing those i had tried Suse a long time ago but i never seen a buffalo desktop till now, looks nice :)

hey thats great Adam great job  :)  i followed your lead and i did it too, i wasnt to sure if it would conflict thats why i asked first, i think its a nice feature.. hope that you like it as well ..only thing missing now is more themes  :D

Well..... if you can figger them out, let me know... :thumbsup:

martinultima
Dell (primary desktop)I'm using Slackware 10.0 and Enlightenment. Shown here is an Eterm window, Firefox, and a button bar hack I wrote myself. Wallpaper (since changed) is a fractal image I created using xfractint. I like it.Micron (laptop)Enlightenment again, although no fancy themes or backgrounds. This machine runs a distribution I hacked together from Slackware myself, called Ultima Linux. Programs running are Eterm (non-transparent, with a border), XMMS, and Firefox.P166 (secondary desktop)This machine also has Ultima Linux, but instead of Enlightenment I have Window Maker running. Also visible is an rxvt window being used to take the screenshot.Obviously these screenshots are rather outdated :hmm: I update quite frequently, as soon as I get a picture it's changed. I may post newer ones later...