• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee hee! I can finally participate here - just Installed VL SOHO 5.1.1 on my old PC ;)20060219_vl_screenshot_thumb.jpgVery basic, I know. Still getting things up and running and playing around with it.

Edited by epp_b

Hi DougLooks very nice . . . . but I get an error from imageshack when I click to see the larger pic . . . . please fix, I dearly want to see the full shot.B) Bruno

Aha.. you must have some miracles upon your sleeve Bruno, thanks : I'll go and have a look... :DLooks gooooooood ! I like it, saw the Elive distro on Distrowatch yesterday : maybe a good one to test it out, it has the Enlightenment DR17.

Edited by striker

misunderstruck

Ooops, I edited the post and THEN noticed that Bruno had fixed the url already. Silly me. :)DR17 is great. The EliveCD is definitely worth checking out, especially if you want to get the feel of working with Enlightenment (both 16 and 17) without going through the installation and configuration. I have used the older version, and I plan to check out the newest (released this past Saturday) soon.

Nice one Daihard . . . looks like a tweaked Mepis, is that correct ??:D Bruno
Thanks Bruno! It is actually Fedora Core 4 w/ KDE 3.5.1. KDE is so customizable, it often leaves no trace of its original desktop! :hmm:

thanks bruno...i am kind of spoiled with it, lol. i am presently limited to repeating patterns tho because i haven't figured out how to get "per monitor wallpaper" yet. xorg thinks it's 1 monitor and most images don't look very good stretched that wide, lol. the nvidia driver in XP lets me have seperate images per monitor. wish i could get a gui configuration interface in mandriva like i have in xp. no hurry tho, i'm busy learning and tweaking other stuff.screenhunter22897rx.th.jpgscreenhunter22906dh.th.jpg

Edited by cybormoron

Hi CyborIf you installed the Nvidia drivers the "oldfashion way" there should be a GUI tool called "nvidia-settings" http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x...appendix-t.html and ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x...-user-guide.txtOR:You might try Yanc, "Yet Another Nvidia Configurator" http://freshmeat.net/projects/yancnv/yanc-02.png yanc-03.png :whistling: Bruno

• 3 weeks later...

LizYep I CLASS it that way too Don't KNOW where I got it I have SO many thousands of graphics I know I search for --->>> Fantasy Art, Fairies, and Surrealistic sites and this came from one of themI lost most of my Bookmarks to these sites due SEVERAL changes in OS's B) Cheers for YearsColin :D

Great job Alpha !! . . . . . . . . I see you have the karamba that gave you troubles working now. :hysterical: And you found the "nvidia-settings" tool too . . . . well, what more can a geek ask for ?:hysterical: Bruno

. . .well, what more can a geek ask for ?
How about that all the stuff work "as is".But of course how much fun would that be? LOLI never could get them to work "as is" out of the box...even on a fresh install of the latest cooker release.I had to extract the themes out of the superkaramba theme zip (skz) fileand modify the code slightly in order to get them to work....but hey they work.Of course now...with the cooker release...I can not get k3b installed for some reason...[root@cab alpha]# urpmi k3bSome requested packages cannot be installed:k3b-0.12.14-1mdk.i586 (due to missing libk3b2-0.12.14-1mdk.i586)libk3b2-0.12.14-1mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied libavformat.so.0)Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) n** cooker bug 21635 noted : after recent update...I'm back in business.And there are some posts I need to locate (I could have sworn I saw them somewhere - by you)in order to fix:1. mcc/security - only the firewall settings are there.I remember a mention about fixing some linked file to correct this...but I can not locate the original post yet.** I feel stupid now...mcc / options / advanced...2. fixing the interactive firewall "can not open whitelist file".This one I think I found...since I participated in it...I just have to go over it again...** fixed...by adding whitelist file.3. segmentation fault when running ltris.note: I can run ltris like so "strace ltris"...that's odd?** other that that...cooker does not look too bad...:DAnyway...now back to some more cooking...Thanks...And Cheers :hysterical: Edited by alphaomega

• 2 months later...
cybormoron
:hmm: i figured out how to have "per monitor wallpaper". since i couldn't figure out how to have a different image on each monitor of my twinview thru xorg i made 1 large image with 2 merged images thereby appearing to be a different image on each monitor. :thumbsup: images = snagged from the web somewhere :pirate: editor = gimp 2.2 :blink: per monitor backgrounds = priceless :ermm: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4356/dt...w26may067ik.jpganyone know how to keep a png file under 1024 kb? Edited by cybormoron

Here's mine :)VectorLinux SOHO 5.1...epp_b_vl_soho_thumb.pngThat gorgeous car, by the way, is a Koenigsegg CCX (sadly, not mine :thumbsup: ). It is capable of pumping out over 900 HP (with the right fuel) and is quite possibly the worlds fastest and most powerful car, next to only the 1000 HP Bugatti Veyron (which is twice the cost of the Koenigsegg).Anyway, I used KSpanshot and The GIMP to edit the image (just scale down for a thumb). I will say, the GIMP is a pretty good application. I don't know what people are complaining about comparing it to Photoshop.

Edited by epp_b

Currently, on my notebook, OpenSUSE 10.1Screenshot.pngYes, that's a Photoshop and Picasa icon sitting on the deskop. Yes, they both run in Linux. And you must use WINE. The VMware Management User Interface is an Apache server that monitors your virtual machines. With to VMs running it is only using 60% of the processor's capabilities. I shall be testing a more robust server for a lab this summer.Large version:http://static.flickr.com/53/152076646_48a5075030_o.png