Overclockix install

kamicota

BrunoSomehow I need to get the third distro out of my system :'( BUT I can not download Overclcokix I am NOT on Torrent and do NOT really want to be eitherColin ;) B)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• quint

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin,The link I posted you is not a torrent . . just a regular ISO . . . I downloaded it as well so I would be able to assist you ;);) Bruno

Edited by Bruno

Hi Colin,If you run it Live you will see an icon on the desktop called "Installer" . . if you click on iot you see a few files . . one of them is "knx-hdinstall" . . . . I think that is the best option.Good luck my friend ! ;) ;)B) Bruno

Thankx BrunoI will go for that oneI still have another Hour & 5 Mins to go on the downloadAnd id it sets upi the same as ASP with that black screen I still have PCLOs Boot CDAm looking forward to it but the JOURNEY to the third and last Distro sure is filled with anxieties ;) So we will se IF :D there is going to be a third Distro B) after Overclockix eh :P Colin :'(

Have fun Colin !! . . . . . My time is up, it's bedtime ;) . . . . but I will be there tomorrow if you have questions B) . . So if it fails the first time, don't push it, just wait till we can see together what we can do to solve it ;):'( Bruno

Edited by Bruno

Good luck! I am on the road and not at home so I probably won't be on again for a while. I know you can do it. Take your time and don't rush. ;) Pretty soon you will be a B) user of Overclockix. :'(

Yeah KellyI think I did :P But anywaysOvercclockix Stalled & I lost it at 34% B) :'( :P So LOOKS like :D my travels with the third distro are not over yet eh ;) Colin :hmm:

OOPS Julia ;) I MISSED your posts :P and I think "RUSH" is my middle Scorpio Characteristic :hmm: BUT we will be trying Even though I would LOVED :'( to ASP on my system and am backtracking again saying Overclockix MAY :o be the last try at a THIRD Distro I am tempted to Vector and Buffalo and OthersBut :o WILL wait to see what happens with Overclockix 3.4 first :D MOI :o WAIT :P Enjoy and have a safe trip home Julia B) B) Cheers for Years Colin :D

RIGHTY HO :o here's the first chapter in Overclockix 3.4 :P On first try of live cd got--->>>out of syncHF - 30 - 70KHZVF - 50 - 150KHZ80.0KHZ 75HZSO REBOOTED AND USE KNOPPIX SCREEN= 1024X768 AND :lol: WE HAD KNOPPIX LIVEHARD DRIVE INSTALL --->>>knx-hdinstaller--->>> just kept flasing and i lost itso installed with knoppix installerit updated the etc/fstabconverted knoppix to debianand use the cd rom set up eye candy etsmade a boot floppy so will try it after thisthink the / is in hda8yet ASP was still in PCLOs's Boot LoaderOff to try the boot floppy and see what happensColin :w00t: :) :D

Well :o (SO WHAT'S NEW :P )We are in Chapter 2--->>Still can not access the default window managager password will not activateNo where have I seen the Overclockix eye candie screenInternet does not workseveral of the window managers workthe boot floppy works and everything comes from hda8So I guess another instal is on the cards :P :) B) :lol: :o BUT IS IT OVERCL.OCKIX IF I CAN NOT GET THE EYE CANDY SET UPWho KNOWS :o Colin :w00t: :P :D :D B)

Hi ColinIt is not 100% clear to me what is happening here . . . . so we will do some analyses later on the day when we are both online :DB) Bruno

Your problems are:1. Default window manager password does not work. a. Does this mean you can not log in? Did you set the password when you installed? b. Or are you referring to something else since you said you can get into several of the options.2. The internet does not work. You will have to see if you can bring your eth0 up in order to get the Internet. Hopefully it is as simple as that.3. You do not have any eye candy. Is it possible that this is simply because you have not selected what you want yet?Are those your three basic problems?

Well Julia & BrunoI just gave a synopsis of the install andf the results are like this in answer to Julias Q's 1. Default window manager password does not work.--->>>THIS IS THE EYE CANDY KDE DESKTOP & I CAN NOT ACCESS ITa. Does this mean you can not log in? Did you set the password when you installed?I SET THE PASSWORD ON INSTALLb. Or are you referring to something else since you said you can get into several of the options.2. The internet does not work. You will have to see if you can bring your eth0 up in order to get the Internet. Hopefully it is as simple as that.NEVER CHECKED THE ETHO, INTERNET WORKED ON THE LIVE CD3. You do not have any eye candy. Is it possible that this is simply because you have not selected what you want yet?THIS IS THE KDE DESKTOPI am going back into Overclockix and see what happens again at log inColin ;)

Hi Colin

I am going back into Overclockix and see what happens again at log in
Yep please let us know what happens now when you log in . . . ;) Bruno Edited by Bruno

Hi Bruno ;) :) :) THOUGHT the log in window manager was startde but it was STARTKDE oops :rolleyes: I have KDE desktopBUT NO InternetTried the ADSL/PPPoE set up and it told meFound one ethernet devicescanned and --->>> access concentrator providor does not respond OR ANOTHER ??? RUNNING MODEMI have the lan shut down on Mobo and run another lan cardThe Flash Drive did not work either Was NOT :P game enough to try the printer yet.You know Bruno as I had to change the screen resolution on install to 1204x768 MAYBE that was all that was needed for ASP LinuxColin :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :D

Hi ColinWe will try another install of Overclockix, BUT this time we do NOT use "knx-hdinstall" but the other icon you see when you click the "Installer" icon on the desktop: "knoppix-installer" . . .you see that can make all the difference :DSo just boot the CD Live and place another install over the one you made yesterday . . . now using "knoppix-installer";) Bruno

Edited by Bruno

If you run it Live you will see an icon on the desktop called "Installer" . . if you click on iot you see a few files . . one of them is "knx-hdinstall" . . . . I think that is the best option.
Ahaaaa . . . I think you missed my 4th post in this thread . . . . . ;) :DB) Bruno

BrunoI tried knx-installer and c ould not access it it just flashed off the screenBut will bring up Home & see if I cann access it through there so we TRY knx-installer again???Colin ;)