OFFICIAL Post Count Padding Thread

securitybreach

Yup. Obnoxiousness was bad enough at 4 watts output; nevermind 100 watts. ;) Around my area, if you were a real arse, you could expect a visit from some of us late at night. We would hunt them down and go on pinning/cutting coax night missions. We even pulled a few antennas down while the troublemakers were on their radios. Fun times! ;)

D***, that sounds like good times....

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Temmu

• V.T. Eric Layton

• ross549

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of

Yup. Obnoxiousness was bad enough at 4 watts output; nevermind 100 watts. ;) Around my area, if you were a real arse, you could expect a visit from some of us late at night. We would hunt them down and go on pinning/cutting coax night missions. We even pulled a few antennas down while the troublemakers were on their radios. Fun times! ;)

awesome, dude! good job!

V.T. Eric Layton

They were wild and crazy times. Every white van driving around the neighborhood was "Uncle Charley" (FCC). We used to have fabulous "coffee breaks" almost weekly. People were quick to help others in that community. I met a lot of good people in the CB community; many of them are still close friends today... 35 years or so later. :)

I had the same experiences in the biker community. :yes:

The only differences were one group rode the airwaves the other rode iron horses. :w00t:

• Like 1

nice analogy, eric. :)

and today, friends & family are on the net or cell, isolated one from the other. when the one-world govt severs those links... no more friends.

• Like 2
V.T. Eric Layton

Indeed, Temmu. During the low points in my life, I occasionally forget that there are actually some good people left in the world. I'm constantly reminded that there are, though... in many different places, communities, and unexpected groups. It's a pleasant surprise. :yes:

• Like 1

envelopes in spring

joy of birds aloft singing

malapropism

ps

again, technically a haiku

reference to a season + a jarring word

he's a poet

but doesn't know it

why? his shoes are longfellows.

• Like 1
Guest LilBambi

malapropism - the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo ” (instead of flamenco ).

nice haiku :yes:

lol, thx, lilbambi, perhaps i'll try to write cohesive haiku that is beautiful and causes reflection, introspection, or at least brings satisfaction to the reader. :)

abarbarian

My post count padding is spread around the site. I had not realised there was a thread specially for padding. Is it just a winter thing ? :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been so long now that I've forgotten just how this thread got started. I do remember it had a different title and a purpose at one time, though. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I just went back and read this entire thread (yeah... I have no life). It was hilarious. I LOL'd numerous times. There are some humorous folks hereabouts. ;)

• Like 1

It's been so long now that I've forgotten just how this thread got started. I do remember it had a different title and a purpose at one time, though. ;)

unfortunately, there are a few of us left that can't modify topic titles... :P

V.T. Eric Layton

now, isn't that amazing, my post count is up 3200 since this topic was started.

You've been utilizing the tools then, eh?

V.T. Eric Layton

An Aussie joke...

What do you call a boomerang that doesn't return when thrown?

a stick.

:hysterical:

• Like 2
Temmu

a fish was swimming along and runs face-first into a concrete wall. dam.

Edited by Temmu
  • Like 3