Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Nice looking desktop Abarbarian. Keep saying I am going to try Window Maker. Now that I just did a fresh install of Arch Linux, seems like it would be a good time with everything working so well at the moment.

In celebration of the EXTREME cold and the projected 4 to 7 inches of snow expected, I changed things from Red to Blue. :thumbup:

http://i.imgur.com/qCxg2wc.png

• Like 1

I've moved to PCLinuxOS after spending about 6 months using Ubuntu mostly. The St-Paul island is about 20 miles from where this picture was taken. We used to go cod fishing there. In about a month you could see seals on the ice;

VEtL2vCH.jpg

I should not have looked at this today (record-breaking cold weather where I am). Lovely picture though.
  • Like 1

Nice looking desktop ebrke. I dabbled with PCLinuxOS at the beginning of my transition to Linux, a very nice OS no doubt. Love the background you selected for your desktop. :)

Nice looking desktop Abarbarian. Keep saying I am going to try Window Maker. Now that I just did a fresh install of Arch Linux, seems like it would be a good time with everything working so well at the moment.

In celebration of the EXTREME cold and the projected 4 to 7 inches of snow expected, I changed things from Red to Blue. :thumbup:

http://i.imgur.com/qCxg2wc.png

Neat look. Reminds me of SB except with a touch of colour :smile2:

If you try WM I can give you a link to some good extra themes,until you design your own. :breakfast:

I've moved to PCLinuxOS after spending about 6 months using Ubuntu mostly. The St-Paul island is about 20 miles from where this picture was taken. We used to go cod fishing there. In about a month you could see seals on the ice;

VEtL2vCH.jpg

(record-breaking cold weather where I am).

Yer begining to sound like a Brit.Wait till you get some real weather. :teehee:

jRMQtBU.png

• Like 1

Nice looking desktop ebrke. I dabbled with PCLinuxOS at the beginning of my transition to Linux, a very nice OS no doubt. Love the background you selected for your desktop. :)

No, this isn't mine. It's a late reply to Rejean's post of a week or so ago--it's his desktop. I just got to this thread and then was a little sorry I looked at it on such a cold day (made me think of my backyard!). :'(
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, since Florida is actually getting a bit too crowded for my tastes, I'll tell you what I tell other northern folks... Southern California's weather is just as nice as Florida's and they don't get hurricanes. ;)

securitybreach

Winter in Florida...

snowman_on_beach-e1343573426628.jpg

Speaking of.... I looked up what Daytona's weather was like today and it was 76. Man I miss Daytona's weather.

V.T. Eric Layton

Don't jump into the water just yet...

Daytona will wake up Thursday morning with a temperature of 35F... and 33F on Friday morning. ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

To get back on topic, though...

Since we're forecast for 39F on Thuirsday morning and 32F on Friday morning, I figured a cozy desktop is called for...

EhxRZ6Q.png

• Like 1

39° ( between 3° and 4° C ) sounds wonderful. It went up to 23° (-5) yesterday and it felt like a heat wave to us.

Tonight's low -3° (-19° C).

I don't know what I mind more, the snow or the cold. :'(

Well, since Florida is actually getting a bit too crowded for my tastes, I'll tell you what I tell other northern folks... Southern California's weather is just as nice as Florida's and they don't get hurricanes. ;)

But unfortunately it's starting to look as though it's not a good place to be unless you've figured out how to do without water.
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
But unfortunately it's starting to look as though it's not a good place to be unless you've figured out how to do without water.

Boston should ship their snow to Southern CA. :)

• Like 2

Here is a little water for you ebrke.about same distance as the previous picture but this one in the other direction;

QEYErAf6.jpg

This is in OpenSuSE 13.2 I think KDE.

Edited by réjean
  • Like 2

Not sure about yours but I realized that I didn't upload the right picture unto imgbox and that wasn't a snapshot of my desktop but the picture that I chose to put on my desktop. Here is the real one;

z2QoSNb5.jpg

as you can see I am still in OpenSuSE.

Edited by réjean
  • Like 1

. . . as you can see I am still in OpenSuSE.

I think we may be the only ones left on the forum. My cyber needs are simple, and I've been with SuSE for over 10 years.

You're making me feel cold again Rejean, but it's a great picture!

Edited by ebrke

Is there a live version?

I have someone who might want to try it out.

My memory isn't what it used to be. I do have an old Live Eval CD or DVD SUSE v. 7.2. I might have gotten it with a Linux Mag I purchased. I think I tried it and had problems. Of course my hardware wasn't great.

Here's a link to the page with various download options:

http://software.opensuse.org/132/en

Just a note--I've found that, for a permanent installation, the network install method works well as long as there's a wired network connection available. You burn a startup disk to cd, then everything required is downloaded during install process.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Can you spot what's wrong with this desktop?

Wk4srFT.png

That IE icon is just so wrong :whistling:

AHA! You are the winner! Yes, and it's not just the IE icon, but Outlook Express, CMD, and WIndows Explorer icons, too. ;)

Everything is back to normal now...

boC70LP.png

V.T. Eric Layton

I figured you were referring to how cold it is now.

I figure you of all folks here would catch those Windows icons right away. ;)

• Like 1