Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been a while since I posted something in this ol' thread, so here goes...

gXE9V1Tm.png

I set the screenshot purposefully to shoot my mouse cursor so that you'd see that the side panel is not usually visible. It only slides out when my mouse goes to the left margin of the screen. The screenshot caught the weather app as it was rolling from humidity (H) to temperature. That's why it looks a wee bit out of alignment in that shot.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest setup, MATE on Debian:

5gDdYX0s.png

The Dual monitor setup uses the larger (TV) as a primary. I downloaded that 4k wallpaper just for that.

• Like 2

securitybreach

Here's my latest setup, MATE on Debian:

5gDdYX0s.png

The Dual monitor setup uses the larger (TV) as a primary. I downloaded that 4k wallpaper just for that.

Very nice :thumbsup:

• Like 2

abarbarian

Click for a bigger picture.

8YyxeTn.png

Fate threw me a chance to have a very much needed very cheap holiday on the Norfolk Broads a few weeks ago. We moored away from civilization on this night and this was the view from my porthole in my cabin. Using it as a wallpaper on my MX-15 set up. :beer:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 2

abarbarian

It's been a while since I posted something in this ol' thread, so here goes...

gXE9V1Tm.png

I set the screenshot purposefully to shoot my mouse cursor so that you'd see that the side panel is not usually visible. It only slides out when my mouse goes to the left margin of the screen. The screenshot caught the weather app as it was rolling from humidity (H) to temperature. That's why it looks a wee bit out of alignment in that shot.

Neat . I think disappearing docks and side panels are the biz. You get a neat clean wallpaper and all the icons you need with a small movement of the mouse, fab. :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

I forgot to say what that wallpaper was all about. It's the silhouettes of all my kittles... Patches (bottom l), Precious, Li'l Black Kitty (bottom r), Bootsie (upper l) and her son, Mr. Boots. The last two are my workshop kitties.

I thought this was an appropriate Friday the 13th wallpaper. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice indeed. I'm still using KDE 4 (Debian still supports it). I never did like the breeze theme, Oxygen is for me...

EU0HjXQy.png

I have Slackware as well, but that's just a virtual machine with the default config of Xfce. I'd use KDE there too, but running two instances of it tends to act like a black hole on RAM.

securitybreach

Looks nice Dr.J :thumbsup:

I could never get used to the kickoff menu on KDE4. I always changed it to the "classic" menu instead.

Looks nice Dr.J :thumbsup:

I could never get used to the kickoff menu on KDE4. I always changed it to the "classic" menu instead.

I actually prefer a classic menu myself, but It uses the widget theme in KDE 4, instead of the desktop theme (they changed that in plasma5).

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I love KDE best, but xfce is nearly as configurable. I am a sucker for transparency on computers that can handle it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

Got my new 27" monitor (bottom middle). The bottom right one is connected to the laptop but the other 4 are on my main machine. The 27" monitor only ran me $130 so it was a heck of a deal

omxelcq.jpg

The total resolution of my main rig is 5440x2160

BTW the monitors are not crooked, it is just the angel of the shot.

• Like 1

Wait..no Arch?

Hmm been pretty knocked about by the fates this year and still have a busted collar bone an am busy house hunting, done two 700 mile round trips in the last two weeks.

Downloaded arch every month since January but have never had the energy to do an install so am still with MX-15.

On me last trip I found a house I might buy you can just see in the center of the picture in the background. :breakfast:

mFHCW7p.jpg

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

Wow, sorry to hear about the busted collarbone. Very beautiful area you are moving to, actually breathtaking.

Thought I had posted here about me bike crash, meds must be interfering with normal grey cell processes. Those are two of the minor beaches out of the thirty or so in the area. I'm retiring to the area to be a beach bum :Laughing:

• Like 1

Wow, sorry to hear about the busted collarbone. Very beautiful area you are moving to, actually breathtaking.

Knew I had posted me woes here.

http://forums.scotsn...06

:breakfast:

How did I miss that?

Your obviously not a royalist :Laughing: it is people like you that lost us our empire. :tease:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hmm... haven't posted anything here for a while. Just for kicks, here's a shot of Debian on the little MSI Netbook. I've turned it into my main work machine... super handy for working on the go, and runs very nicely with Debian. (I still have win7 on there, but it's torture on the older Atom processor... took me 30 mins yesterday just update the bloomin' antivirus)

hSHIueiG.png

QDQmIbEd.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This is how the desktop looks when I'm in the library.... :whistling: but normally I'm not tiling..... :teehee: (spectrwm)

deskie_th.jpg http://qsl.net/wa4chq/deskie.jpg

I recon that is a Kurosawa film still in the background.

KurYoji3.jpg

http://www.actingoutpolitics.com/yojimbo-1961-by-akira-kurosawa/

An the "When in doubt ------- Slackware 14.1" text looks like a find the missing words puzzle from the Have I Got News For You tv show.

For exampl " When in doubt handcuff yourself to a radiator but do not use Slackware 14.1" or such like :tease: