Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

• 4 weeks later...
securitybreach

Slackware 12.1/ Fluxbox 1.0.0/ Conky/ WeechatEnjoy200805071729441024x768snt8.th.pngThanks

Edited by securitybreach

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Very nice, Bruno. :)This weekend is a holiday weekend in the United States. It's Memorial Day, a day to commemorate U.S. servicemen and women who have died in service to their country. My current desktop is in honor of this holiday.th_slackshot12.png*click for bigger picEveryone have a great day! B)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

Here is my June screenshot. 200806081846411024x768sgn7.th.pngArchLinuxOpenbox 3.4.7.2 w/ sysinfo pipe menu entryConkyMpd w/ ncmpc frontendPypanelWeechat-cursesFirefoxPidginHere is the wallpaper if anyone wants it. Its called septrotrichia buccalis by ~venthor http://venthor.deviantart.com/art/septrotr...uccalis-3214808I had to show this off since I finally found how to make a pipe menus in Openbox.Enjoy

Edited by securitybreach

• 1 month later...
securitybreach

Here is my newest screenshot with my new 20" LCD @ 1680x1050 ;) Clean: 732880_bigthumb.pngDirty:732976_bigthumb.pngArchLinux release OverlordOpenbox 3.4.7.2Centerim 4.22.5-dirty Mulitple instances of Conky 1.5.1 /including ArchLinux update script. WeeChat 0.2.6 MPD: (Music Player Daemon) 0.13.2I need to tweak conky more to show the other 2 cores(quad core) and temperatures of the 4 cores. Other than that I have almost perfected my conky script. Conky configs: Conkyrc Update script Resources graphEnjoyThanks

Edited by securitybreach

• 1 month later...
V.T. Eric Layton

I made a new Slackware wallpaper tonight. I'm having fun learning The GIMP. :)Here it is...th_slackshot15-1.png*click for bigger pic

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I had to find something to do with that new Slackware "flippy" logo, so here you go Slackers:th_slack_flippy-03.png*click to get full-sized (1400X900) version

securitybreach

Desktop---ArchLinux:200809262242171680x1050sd2.th.pngthpix.gifEeePC 701 4Gb----Fluxflux EEEpc PCLinuxOS:20080926224142800x480scig8.th.pngthpix.gif20080926224254800x480scui9.th.pngthpix.gifAnd yes that is 1024x768 resolution on the EeePC 701-4gb by default using a customized version of PCLinuxOS for the Eeepc. Although, I cannot get imageshack to upload the default resolutions of 1600x1050 and 1024x786 respectibly.Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

securitybreach

Yeah I love it. I have had mine since January but I wish I would have waited until the 901 came out. Just like most tech I see and want, I have to have it as soon as possible. I let my mom use it for the last three months but she only played games on it (she never got internet), so I got it back. I just got it back 2 days ago and now it feels brand new all over again. I just installed FreeNX and the EeePC makes a great remote access client among other things.Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

securitybrech, you might be glad you have a 701. ASUS has added the "feature" to some of the newer models that it updates in the background!!! The poor people just learning their way around linux, fire up the eeepc and the tabs are moved and icons disappear because of an update they weren't aware of. ASUS also put StarOffice on some models instead of OpenOffice and people trying to run in Advanced mode seemed to get a crash when trying to run Staroffice writer (not sure if it is called that). So, people are trying to remove it and install OpenOffice.I have to double check what models have features I do not want. I was thinking about purchasing a second notebook so my husband can surf safely come July 2009 when support ends for windows 2000.

securitybreach
securitybrech, you might be glad you have a 701. ASUS has added the "feature" to some of the newer models that it updates in the background!!! The poor people just learning their way around linux, fire up the eeepc and the tabs are moved and icons disappear because of an update they weren't aware of. ASUS also put StarOffice on some models instead of OpenOffice and people trying to run in Advanced mode seemed to get a crash when trying to run Staroffice writer (not sure if it is called that). So, people are trying to remove it and install OpenOffice.I have to double check what models have features I do not want. I was thinking about purchasing a second notebook so my husband can surf safely come July 2009 when support ends for windows 2000.
Well I think the default Xandros has many problems among those you mention including a crippled and outdated flavour of Linux. I personally wiped mine clean the second day and installed a "Full" version of Linux. But thank you for pointed out these problems because I never used the default Xandros so I was unaware of them. Now that the EeePC has been out awhile, there are various versions of Linux that work perfectly out of the box for this machine though.Thanks Edited by securitybreach

• 3 weeks later...
securitybreach

Here is my October screenshot running:OpenBox 3.4.7.2Conky-nvidia 1.6.1-1Irssi 0.8.12Firefox 3.0.3Terminal 0.2.8PCMan File Mananger 0.5Ipager 1.1.0-6Htop 0.8-2Openbox Theme: Mire_v2_greyGTK Theme: RoyaltyIcon Theme: G-Flat-Svg200810151227481680x1050lg6.th.pngthpix.gifThanks

Edited by securitybreach