Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

I like to feel at home. This one taken less than 10 km from here. You could almost see where I live, less than 10 km left of xmahjongg, about a km from the beach!snapshot1kx4.th.png

Edited by réjean

V.T. Eric Layton

That's an '03 100 Year Anniversary HD "Fatboy". I have the same paint scheme (black/silver) on my '03 HD "Heritage". :)There are some beautiful wallpapers at that site! I bookmarked it. Thanks! <_>

i was looking through at wallpapers lots here
How do you get larger copies of these ~300x400 graphics? I saw a couple of nice ones I liked. I noticed a bunch were in 'name.jpg' format.

Temmu, that's the one I currently have. I also cheat - I use webshots v1 and a freebie program that can convert from webshots format to jpg, then an older version of Irfan to convert from jpg to bmp so I can put any webshots photo where I want. (Disclaimer: I was a paid member of webshots for two years and also bought a CD, the best of webshots)> Now that I have enough wallpapers to last through more than my lifetime, I see no reason to continue as a paying webshots customer).

Edited by zlim

I'd love to post one or two if I could find a place to host them without the spyware. I think I've got one on piczo, but they were causing problems with the board. EDIT: Here's my desktop at work. The drafting program is on the left. The graphical file system is on the right. The highlighted box is the model that's open. Notice the CDE toolbar and icon box. This is a two monitor setup The split between the monitors is on the left of the drafting toolbar.

desktopdf8.th.png
And of course, there is my home pc Debian desktop. I like this picture of Mt. St. Helens, so it's been my background for a long time.
screenshottx3.th.png

Edited by trigggl

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

I finally got PCLinuxOS customized exactly how I want it. This is KDE 3.5.7 running ksmoothdock for the minimalist look, transparent KDE desktop menu, devede converting a movie, and transparent Xchat. Thankskdepclinux1es0.th.png

securitybreach
That's nice SB. How did you make Xchat transparent like that? Here is a wallpaper I made yesterday.
Settings--Prefrences--Textbox and slide the colors to the right.Thanksq Edited by securitybreach

Cluttermagnet
Hi ClutterIf, for example, on this page: http://linfx.com/coppermine/displayimage.p...&fullsize=1 you click on the ( Gnome ) wallpaper it opens a tab ( could be a pop-up too cause my browser opens popups in tabs ) with the 1280 x 1024 pixels .png image.Does that work for you ??B) Bruno
Thanks, Bruno-It took me a while to remember to navigate back to this thread. You did help to point out to me that the image is clickable to load the larger image. And that seems to work under javascript whether or not I have that site enabled under NoScript in Firefox. Interesting. So yes, now I can get the full size image. :) And yes, I right click and get a menu and then I select "Set as Desktop Background".I just loaded this image as my desktop on my Ubuntu Feisty machine. Edited by Cluttermagnet

V.T. Eric Layton

Some very nice wallpapers at those sites. Thanks, Louis. By the way... THIS one actually is my bike. Although, mine has a few extras from the factory. I ordered it that way. :)

THIS one actually is my bike. Although, mine has a few extras from the factory. I ordered it that way. :thumbsup:
Its a nice bike ... this is the bike with one of the work with sounds like a sewing machine but fast .. how the heck would you ride this one?? if i was getting another bike i would get this one
on firepretty scary, huh? :D
I think that was from the movie Ghost Rider if you never seen it it would be worth while watching it special effects was awesome

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. I like Electra Glides... nice bikes. I can't get one till I'm over 50, though. We call them "geezer glides". ;)

Cluttermagnet
This is the current wallpaper on the Cluttermaster 2007. I like this one a lot. Cute. Also matches my mismatched setup with black tower, kbd, speakers, and mouse, plus beige CRT monitor. ;) I have the Fiji sunset on another box, and a dramatic shot of the moon on a 3rd. http://www.fantom-xp.com/wp_15__penguin_infant.html

Have you ever tried to make a picture of colored smoke, like coming from those smelling sticks when set on fire ? I saw one yesterday - such a picture that is - and made it my background after some tweaking. You can find the base on this German page : http://www.netzwelt.de/news/76164-fototipp...ografieren.htmlFirst scaling it to the right resolution you need for your display, and adding a little softening does the trick. ;)