Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Cluttermagnet

Neat! There are two pix on that page which I like- the main one and also the lightest colored one from the group of 4 pix below ("pix" = "pictures", not "pixels") ;) I assume the 'smelling sticks' you refer to are what are called in english "incense" sticks?Meanwhile, I really like my new baby penguin desktop for many reasons. I think it's a real keeper. It is rife with symbology: newness of experience, the young learning about the world (world of desktop PC's), nurturing the young, Linux OS's, etc. Also the color combination pulls my mismatched desktop hardware together- a beige 17in CRT monitor, with everything else in black. The colors in the photo are also beige and black. The little guy and his father look like they are perched on my keyboard, peering out on the world from inside my monitor. Heh! :DI'll take a photo of it later and post it.

Cluttermagnet
incense - a substance that produces a fragrant odor when burned.I think these are those sticks: http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/det...77/22927748.jpgIf I smell these things I prefer to walk three miles around it. :whistling:
Yep-Said to be useful for covering over the smell of marijuana...
Hey- why you burning incnese? You been smoking pot? That stuff stinks! Stop burning it in here!
:blink:
Why, no- I burn incense as part of my religious observances...

Looks good, has something like a tarpit and water in low light. B) The tips for linux explorers right in the center of the gear ;) . That eterm is stunning!

securitybreach

Kde 3.5.7 with Dark-style color theme, ksmoothdock/kpanel on the bottom, Tansparent desktop menu, etc.Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

New "BEL" wallpapers, I made. For those wondering BEL= Business Edition Linux, formerly know as PCLinuxOS Business Edition. :hmm: http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/b/2023433179787075917
Woooooow Tommy . . . . really really well done !!!! Those are backgrounds that have a corporate feel to it !! Congrats, I have seen a few of them ( MDV corporate edition to name one ) and I never was happy with the looks . . . but yours are 100% on target, bulls-eye B) >_< Bruno

Thanks guys, makes me feel good to get some positive feedback. :hmm:

indeed so. i like the "bell" on bel
Too bad the dev team doesn't. They said it reminds them of Taco Bell.;) I have many more I haven't made public yet so I will post them here I made it and the logos from scratch. If anyone is interested here are a couple more. My upload folder there is full right now, and I can't get up with Weric to fix it. Edited by tommyj12

I think 'the team' should dump their own crazy ideas and look more to what the real business distros are offering. The two wallpapers you have shown Tommy definitely have it. They're exactly in the line of business products if you ask me. :hmm:

A shot of gOS ( the distro you will find on the Wal-Mart $199 Linux Computer ) running on my test-system.. . ..1876648603_fefb74a0a4_o.png <-- clickB) Bruno

securitybreach

Is that the default layout? Am I the only one who noticed the last two icons to the right on the taskbar kinda spell something? Sorry, I had to mention it. I am a little immature sometimes. :D :) Anyway, I have been downloading it off and on for a couple of days (wireless connection dropping---using neighbors wifi). The Asus Eee PC laptop caught my eye and looks very promising. Of course I would wipe it clean as soon as I get one, but still what a neat concept. ;) :thumbsup: Thanks

Edited by securitybreach