Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach
Thanks , your too kind, theys is only quick snaps with me old outdated Cannon.I'll need all the luck I can get. First of I'll have to find me brain then I'll have to figure out how to turn it on :)
It is actually not as hard as it seems. You will do just fine. :D

securitybreach

Well I got another monitor today so I thought I would post a new screenshot:Dirty527fee91449713.jpg Clean96565b91449694.jpg So now I have 3 x 20'' monitors at a total resolution of 4880x1050 :) <_>

Urmas, I loved the image in the cutting board which is missed if just glancing at the thumbnail.

Edited by zlim

• 1 month later...
securitybreach

Well I woke up yesterday with one of my 20in LCDs dead so I had to buy another one. Anyway I ended up finding a 22in for the same price I paid for the old 20in. So now I have a 5120x1080 resolution and decided to post some new screenshots. The "Dirty" shot shows off my website.Clean8f851b99469030.jpg Dirty7f2f1e99470776.jpg

securitybreach
Very nice!BTW, I love how you "had" to buy another monitor.LOL
Well once you get two monitors its hard to go back to just using one and the same applies when you get a third one...

Well I've now got the desktop settled down to where I want it for the time being. Guess it's time to show off my PCLOS/KDE setup. The image is the night launch of STS-128 which I took from the parking lot of the place I used to work.

snapshot2a.png

I've got to say that GIMP has sure come a long way since the last time I tried it. It's still a bit difficult to figure out which of the little icons do what, but a little persistence goes a long way, and since I am pretty familiar with image editing software in general, the learning curve isn't really all that steep.

Guest LilBambi

Was that was one of those Fireball pics from SpaceWeather.com's gallery or NASA Gallery? Or did you do that one, Chip?LOL, nevermind...I see it was from STS-128! Doh! o:)

Not a problem, Bambi! Being able to watch launches from pretty much anywhere with a view to the east is one of the advantages to living here in Tampa. That's two combined 30sec exposures. It takes about 30 seconds after the launch to be able to see it coming up over the horizon; it's about 165 miles to drive there but only 125 miles as the crow flies.