Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to V.T. Eric Layton and Security Breach for a warm welcome to this forum newbie on another post, so thought I would add a screenshot of my Mandriva 2010 Desktop with the Compiz Cube effect running to this thread.This is on a 28" monitor which was being a real PIA to try and set up in Digital out, thank god after a couple of days i found the svga adaptor that shipped with the vid card :hysterical: . Image might be a bit large if your on dialup but luckily Imageshack pulls up first for a smaller image to preview.Background skydome is the animated lightning one from Compiz-Themes and the end caps are from there too. I use the Oxygen theme that ships with Mandriva and it all goes nicely together.My Desktop backgrounds are set to change every 10 mins in KDE desktop with the slideshow setting which draws from a High Def Image folder I have set up on the FTP hdd's, this image just happened to pop on so took a screenshot of it which I share with friends who are new to Linux. This ones a bit better to show off to the public than the booty shots it usually is showing. :thumbsup: LOLWith a great plane like this on the screen how could I resist not to.snapshot10g.th.png

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
Edited to strike out "newbie" ;) ~Eric

Ooooh, Corsair said the N word!
UmmAaah! Time to quote The Explorer Creed of Bruno.
We try to avoid the word "newbie", it does no justice to the efforts we, also the beginners, put in to learn a new operating system. I think the wish to learn Linux shows a brave attitude and deserves a better qualification.
We are all "Explorers" here. :hysterical: :thumbsdown: Edited by sunrat

securitybreach
PCLinuxOS 2010 BetaThe moon top left is the Luna widget which blends nicely in the picturemydesktopb.th.png
Very nice looking desktop :hysterical:

yay, a fellow wingnut. welcome aboard Corsairs. nice desktop. here's a sequence i used to run that you might like. i had it setup with 6 virtual desktops and a different image on each of my dual monitors.7a609e74691581.gifnice shot wamukota. i love those futuristic cityscapes w/ little spaceships flying around. the first thing i saw when i first started using linux was the alien night background. i was hooked on linux as soon as i saw that. :hysterical:

securitybreach
i didn't realize you were running a dualie, securitybreach. lots to play with, i mean get more work done, huh?
Oh yeah!!! I have been running dual for about a year now. I had three but the third burned up. I plan on getting a third one again when I have the money. Once you go multi, it is hard go back to one.I am also connected to three machines in that shot. The right monitor shows two sessions on different machines, one local and one remote machine both running GNUScreen.

V.T. Eric Layton

HAHAHA! Bruno would be proud of you guys. You all beat me to it.I'll repeat anyway... just for fun:Corsairs, had to edit your post a bit. ;) Our founding Administrator, Bruno, didn't much like that word "newbie". We usually refrain from using it. ;) Here's Bruno's quote as to why...QUOTE (Bruno @ Forum May 25 2003)We try to avoid the word "newbie", it does no justice to the efforts we, also the beginners, put in to learn a new operating system. I think the wish to learn Linux shows a brave attitude and deserves a better qualification. --BrunoWELCOME here again! Have FUN!

V.T. Eric Layton

The Tattler. HAHA! ;) I guess I'd have to The Slacker, huh? I can picture him now... a fat lazy biker. ;)stop-animated-gif-movies.gif

• 2 weeks later...

slackware-current-kde-4.3.5-xorg-1.4.2-nvidia-71.86.13-kernel-2.6.33.2-f12konsole-snapshot-003.pngslackwarecurrentkde435x.th.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usslackware-current-fluxbox-1.1.1-xorg-1.4.2-nvidia-71.86.13-kernel-2.6.33.3-snapshot-006.pngslackwarecurrentfluxbox.th.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usCheers ;)

Edited by alphaomega

• 5 weeks later...
securitybreach

I recently bought another 20in monitor to replace the 15in I was using as a second monitor, so I decided to post a new screenshot.Dirtya20a8880109881.gifCleand1c27180108666.gifNow I have a 3360x1050 workspace woot :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Wouldn't it be easier to just install that virtual desktop chip in the back of you head? :hysterical:

securitybreach
Wouldn't it be easier to just install that virtual desktop chip in the back of you head? ;)
Yeah I am still on the waiting list :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi
:hysterical: Been hearing good things about that one from all over the place Urmas! Great to see you occasionally even if you are missing with no reward Eric LOL!