Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

"nother idea for a fun job...design wallpapers, for a fee. I'm sure there are lots of folks that would like a different wallpaper (see all the sites Free wallpaper - some come complete with malware too!) so you could do a custom design. Your backlog of old wallpapers must match webshots. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Actually, I uploaded my entire Slackware wallpaper library to Linux.com --> http://www.linux.com/community/photos/albu...amp;userid=1723If anyone sees anything they like, just email or PM me with the file name and I'll either email it or serve it somewhere where you can grab it.And Liz, yuppers... there are a lot of ideas and ways to make a buck here and there. Unfortunately, I NEED a paycheck NOW. That's going to entail a full-time job ASAP. Too bad I've been looking for one for 8 months and haven't had any luck. It's an UGLY job market right now... uglier when you're my age. :thumbsup:

securitybreach

Sorry to point out another error Eric but your wallpaper link says:

Slackware Wallpapers IIACCESS FORBIDDEN
Thanks Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Whoops! Had Privacy set to Linux.com members only. You should be able to see them now. :whistling:

I like the thumbnail because at a quick glance it looks like a high heel. I'm one of those women who believes you can never have enough pairs of shoes. :hysterical:How's that for hijacking a thread about wallpaper?

V.T. Eric Layton

It's all yours, Bruno... grab it here: Light_Bird_slack_thumb.jpg*click to download full-sized version

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

My newest screenshot from my N810 after memory upgrade and a new theme:1pngg.th.pngThanks

Edited by securitybreach

securitybreach

I appreciate it!!! I assume you meant the memory upgrade, when you said big, because that is about the only big thing on this wonderful little linux gadget.Thanks again

Edited by securitybreach

securitybreach
Big desktop icons was actually what I meant. :)
Thats not desktop icons that is the menu and the taskbar on the left.. It is the way way the default wm is set up on the nokia n810.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo_(operating_system)
Maemo is based on Debian GNU/Linux and draws much of its GUI, frameworks, and libraries from the GNOME project. It uses the Matchbox window manager, and the GTK-based Hildon as its GUI and application framework.
Thanks Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Wow! I started this thread way back in September of '07. And here we all are nearly two years later. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

With all the rain we've been getting here in the Tampa, Florida area this past two weeks, the grass in the yard is really starting to grow. I was outside working on one of my trucks today and realized I was going to have to crank up the lawn mower some time this week. Here's this week's desktop with that in mind...slackshot41_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

Thanks Eric. I did have personas installed but none of them went well with the blood red border I use. They're too cutesy for me. :thumbsup: