Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Pretty COOL wallpaper, Sue. That's not too scary. I like it. :)Here's my latest...slackshot43_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

V.T. Eric Layton
I like that! It would be perfect in a blood red instead of blue. :lol:
Really?obelisks_slack_bloodred_thumb.jpg*click to swipe for your very own :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's a real pretty one, I think...slackshot44_thumb.png*click for bigger picNotice the Slackware logo on the bottom left. That is a custom SuperKaramba theme that I made myself. I'm getting pretty good at this stuff, huh? :lol:

slackshot44_thumb.png
Nice one Eric !
I'm getting pretty good at this stuff, huh? :lol:
Just what I was going to say indeed ! . . . . I think The Gimp has no more secrets for you, has it ?I like the blue one from yesterday as well:
slackshot43_thumb.png
:) Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, Bruno. You know, just ask if you want a copy of the wallpapers you see here. I even have the base papers (before Slackware branding) in case you want to make Mandriva branded wallpapers with them. HA! Are you kidding? I haven't even begun to use the GIMP to its full potential... definitely still learning. What an outstanding application it is, though! :lol:

Thanks Eric, I grabbed them both. :)I like the ocean one too. It's not my taste for a wallpaper but I'd love to be standing on the shore right about now.I haven't figured out Gimp except for a couple of things I tried and somehow succeeded in doing. I'm not an artistic person by any means (my stick people collapse in shame) and I lack imagination so I tend to shy away from programs like that. Keep up the good work. I always look forward to seeing what your next creation is. :lol:

HA! Are you kidding? I haven't even begun to use the GIMP to its full potential... definitely still learning. What an outstanding application it is, though! :lol:
Eric are you self thought or do you know of any good resources for learning to use GIMP.

V.T. Eric Layton

@ Sue... artistic? Me? I'm TOTALLY left-brained. There's not an artistic bone in my body. I can't carry a tune with a forklift. Stickmen are about the limits to my drawing abilities, too. However, I do manage to have some fun with paint and graphics apps. A DISCLAIMER HERE: In case y'all are misunderstanding or assuming incorrectly... I usually don't make the base wallpapers that I post here. I just do the modifications (mostly Slackware branding) with GIMP or Kolourpaint. Just didn't want y'all thinking that I had created that beautiful seashore wallpaper or the pyramid one.@ jodef... all self-taught. However, here's a very helpful GIMP site that I found recently: http://gimpology.com/

securitybreach
This is my current Mandriva desktop. I like dragons too. :) f955bc37467240.gif
Thats awesome!!! Do you have a link for the wallpaper?Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

Just goes to show you how much I love my new flames, The GIMP and Kolourpaint. I hadn't thought of MS Paint or Paint.NET in ages. Thanks for the memories. :)

You've got more time on your hands than I do, apparently.
Yup... 10 seconds more. The page has a search option ---> ---> "dragon" ---> ---> et voilà!I am the central scruuuuuutinizer... :)

Yup... 10 seconds more. The page has a search option ---> ---> "dragon" ---> ---> et voilà!I am the central scruuuuuutinizer... B)
Show off. :teehee:

V.T. Eric Layton

WOW! That's a KILLER wallpaper site. I'm gonna' be busy for the rest of the night. B)

Wow, thanks for another wallpaper site. I'm limited on my eeepc. I rarely go into Advanced to see the paper and then I'm limited to 800 x 480. But in PCLinux using a 19" wide lcd, I have papers I cycle through but I'm on the lookout for lots more.