• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• striker

• Urmas

• SueD

• Cluttermagnet

ANY NEW PRINTERS TO ADD TO THE LIST with those new distros out there .. ? I would be happy to add them ! :hysterical:

Yep . . these 2 for Mandriva 2007.1-Spring:HP PSC 1315 >inkjet all-in-one/hplip-1.6.12-2.2007.1mdvHP PSC 750 >inkjet all-in-one/hplip-1.6.12-2.2007.1mdvB) Bruno

Thanks Bruno, they are added. :hysterical: I've also added the Canon and the Brother in Mandriva Spring and PClos 2007, they work great. ;)

Added Debian 4.0 ' Etch' section and updated first post, and added IP4200 entry for Canon w/ special drivers; Made printer entries fat to be read more easily. Added hints for best printing quality where applicable. :hmm: (personal tests)Note: there are also drivers listed for other Canon models in the link in the entry I made; however I haven' t tested these because I have none of these other printers. ;)Ubuntu Edgy Eft users which own a Canon printer should also have a look at the page mentioned, I've made a note for them in the appropriate section. :)

added fedora 7 section. Who fills it with entries first .. :thumbsup: He or she gets 10 points ! And will be declared the immediate winner. :D I'm holding off myself of course for 7 days, to give you all some time ahead. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Xandros 4 Home ProLexmark T616 (close enough to work)Works via a windows share. Could not setup as a IP port printer (My printer has it's own IP addy)

Cluttermagnet

Hi, Striker-I have been using two HP deskjet printers under Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper. Models are 932C and 3747. Both set up and worked brilliantly! It was so effortless! :thumbsup: All I can tell you about drivers is: "whatever is stock in Dapper". If you need more info, just let me know. I think I remember seeing some driver info in Device Manager one time.

Edited by Cluttermagnet

I added a second printer:Brand and Model: HP Officejet 5610v All-in-oneDriver used: hpoj deprecated with foomatic/hpijsDistro used: Slackware 11.0All functions work, but only with using the hpoj driver, and the ptal backend. HPLIP will not let all functions work in Slackware. hp-setup in HPLIP complains that Slackware is not LSB certified. I have sent a complaint to HP asking them to just write a driver or I will buy something else the next time.

• 1 month later...
Cluttermagnet

Hi, striker-Another printer for your collection...Brand and Model: HP 3747inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: InkjetDriver used: Native driver in distroDistro used: Ubuntu Feisty 7.04My HP 'deskjet' printers, 3747 and 932C have, so far, always installed perfectly in Ubuntu using the drivers provided in the distro. And it is soooooo much more easy to set up a printer in Linux/Ubuntu compared to the ordeal you go through in Windows. :P

• 1 month later...

Oops, I forgot.Brand and Model: HP Deskjet F2100inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: All-in-oneDriver used: hpijsDistro used: Slackware 12.0 and Mandriva 2007.1 SpringThe only thing that works is the printer itself...the scanner's just for looks right now.

Edited by SueD

SueD,Type hp-setup as root in a terminal, then follow the prompts. That is how I set up my HP All-In-One in Slack 12.May be the same in Mandriva.
Thank you! I got hp-setup: cannot connect to X server :0.0 when I tried that. I'll give it another go tomorrow when I'm a little more awake. :w00t:

Sorry - it will not work if you are in init 4. It will work in init 3.If you are in init 4, in a terminal as root, type init 3. That will take you back to a log-in screen. Log in as a normal user, then startx. Root will then be able to run hp-setup from a terminal.

No, besides that you don't even know the driver used. :D Look Sue : people start perusing that thread to see if their printer would work and if so on what distro. Printer drivers have always been a headache, so what people want to know is which driver one used to get the thing going. It's not always the driver provided by the distro, you what we need in these cases is what driver was used.Besides that you self mentioned:

Driver used: Umm, I don't know! Point me in the right direction on where to look and I'll edit this post.
You were pointed in the right direction so if you're ready go ahead and edit your post. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Brand and Model: HP Deskjet F2100inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: All-in-oneDriver used: HP Deskjet F2100 Foomatic/ hpijsDistro used: Mandriva 2008.0It took awhile but both printer AND scanner work!

Brand and Model: HP 712c parallelinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: OpenSuse 10.1Brand and Model: HP 712c parallelinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: Linux MintBrand and Model: HP 712c parallelinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: Ubuntu 7.04Brand and Model: HP 712c parallelinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: Freespire 1.0Brand and Model: HP 712c parallel - printer doesn't workinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: PCLOSBrand and Model: HP 712c parallel - printer doesn't workinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: inkjetDriver used: distro providedDistro used: Mandriva 2007 Spring