PRINTER : need everyones participation

striker

Frank Golden

Brand and Model:Hp Photosmart 7760inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one:inkjetDriver used:HPLIP from distroDistro used:Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS and Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy)Brand and Model:Hp Photosmart 7760inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one:inkjetDriver used:HPLIP distro providedDistro used:PCLinuxOS 93 (Big Daddy)Brand and Model:Hp Photosmart 7760inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one:inkjetDriver used:HPLIP distro providedDistro used:Zenwalk 3.0 (a slackware based distro)All distros installed printer easily although method differed.Printer works flawlessly in all cases.

Edited by Frank Golden

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• striker

• Urmas

• SueD

• Cluttermagnet

Brand and Model: HP psc 750inkjet or laser: inkjet all-in-oneDriver used: hpijs (default from wizard)Distro used: Ubuntu 6.10.[yes... old HDD went south... so I went "Edgy"... "all-in-one" was connected and power was on during the install... everything works auto detected.] :thumbsup:

Edited by Urmas

Hi striker I'll give you the info for Linux Mint for now and will experiment with the other distros next week when I'll have a chance to get the 2 machines and the printer next to each others.Brand and Model: HP psc 1350inkjet or laser: inkjet all-in-oneDriver used: hpijs (default from wizard)Distro used: Linux Mint (not sure which version but if I go into System and "About Ubuntu" I get some info about Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft ). I downloaded the latest version they had about 3 or 4 weeks ago.I did some research and I am pretty sure it is Linux Mint 2.1 codename Bea

Edited by réjean

• 1 month later...

Brand and Model: Brother HL-5250DNinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: BW LaserDriver used: brhl5250dnlpr-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm + cupswrapperHL5250DN-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm > networked via routerDistro used: Fedora Core 6

HP Deskjet F340 All-in-one printer, scanner, copier. Works out of the box with pclos .93@ 2007tr1; suse10.2; minty bea ;) Don't know if this one was already posted---a lot of posts to read thru ;)

Brand and Model: HP OfficeJet G85 (Connected via HP JetDirect 170x print server) All-in-OneCurrent Driver: Distro provided Foomatic/hpijs, Cups / HPLIPCurrent Distro: PCLinuxOS .93Other Distros / Driver: VL 5.1 SOHO, Mandriva 9.2, 10.1 & 2006, Distro provided driver w/ CUPS

Brand and Model: Epson Stylus Photo 825inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: InkjetDriver used: Cups+ gimp-print v4.2.7Distro used: Slackware 11.0This is my first post on the forum. My Epson works flawlessly. I had a Lexmark Z22, but it was a pita to get to working.

Brand and Model: TVS Dot Matrixinktjet, laser: Dot Matrix 128 columnDriver used: Epson 1000Distro used : Mandriva 2007
Hallo Stricker,Brand and Model: HP PhotoSmart C4180inktjet, /all-in-one:Driver used: HPLIP in DistroDistro used: Mandriva 2007 64 bit Power pack,NotesPrinter recognised automatically with option to automatically install. This worked with a few hiccoughs helped through these by Bruno & Stricker - Thank you both :D :- Had to install HPLIP from distro DVD via MCCthen needed to add lib64sane-hpaio did this on dial up - not sure if it's on the DVDPrinter worked fine after this - all functions including scanning & tools.Bit of work needed to get the new printer to show up in XSANE as a printer see 'Help Please adding new printer" in this ForumIf you can do a full update before you start it would probably save some effort - I was on dial up only, so didn't want to do a full update.Grogerf

Guest LilBambi

Brand and Model: HP DeskJet 770Cinkjet or laser: inkjetDriver used: CUPS using default HP driver from the wizardDistro used: Fedora Core 3 and Fedora Core 5Interface: ParallelBrand and Model: HP DeskJet 882Cinkjet or laser: inkjetDriver used: CUPS using default HP driver from wizardDistro used: Ubuntu EdgyInterface: Parallel (also possible to use USB with this printer which works great on the Mac)

sloppyslacker

Brand and Model: HP PSC 1610 All in oneinkjet or laser: InkjetDriver used: Cups with HPLIP version 1.7.1Distro used: Slackware 11.0Interface: USBShould say, took some work but scanner and printer both work. Used info found here. http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answer..._Slackware_10_2

Edited by sloppyslacker

Hi StikerMOI still Playin around :wacko: with Brand and Model: HP Deskjet 9800 (wide format)inkjet or laser: inkjetDriver used: foomaticDistro used: PCLinuxOS 2007 Test 1also--->>>Brand and Model: Epson Stylus c88+inkjet or laser: inkjetDriver used: foomatic ( I think)Distro used: PCLinuxOS 2007 Test 1BUT WAITING FOR PCLinuxOS 2007 Final B) :( Cheers for yearsColin :teehee:

Edited by kamicota

Brand and Model: HP LaserJet 1020inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: laser, bw onlyDriver used: Generic provided by distroDistro used: Ubuntu 6.10Fired up the other pc which has Ubuntu only, and my HP LaserJet 1020 worked automatically. Ubuntu detected and configured it, with no hassle.