WE are at Distro Search for Stability not burnout!

kamicota

Even though there is ONE GLITCH on the laptop that eludes me and that is the OD noticeable "Click" and the Machine is off. AND after a 8 ins DUMP of snow I don't know if I can get into my friends yard or EVEN IF he can GET out
Is that an "odd" noticible click? Mine clicks when it turns off in any distro. At least the tower does. My laptop just quietly goes down. It is shutting off when it is suppose to and only when it is suppose to, correct?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• striker

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this laptop have a tendency to overheat - or the fan run a lot?Do you have anything that lays on the keyboard or is the keyboard sitting by itself when the computer shuts down?

Juliait does NOT OVERHEAT The fan does NOT run a lotNothing on top of keyboard JUST NOW AGAIN - that SOUND SERVER ERROR MESSAGE - FIRST time since bruno sussed it ou :o Cheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

BrunoI may be accessing the web or opening Konqueror or doing any task and the computer just Clicks and it is shut downOf course PCLos does a check on reboot and evrything checks outThat is until this time and the Sound Server ERROR reappeared on a reboot about 2 hours of me leaving it shutdownColin :thumbsup:

Edited by kamicota

In that case I am 100% positive it is a hardware problem . . . . and no matter how we keep fixing the install, this problem will keep damaging the install over and over again. It's a lost case.My advise: Shut down the laptop . . wait for your friend to fix it . . . and when it is fixed re-install a fresh PCLos on it.:thumbsup: Bruno

brunoMissed your post OOPSToo small a screen as compared to my 17" LCD Desktop :hysterical: Yeah I may have to do that HOPE he doesn't HIBERNATE with all this snow UNTIL SPRING :thumbsup: Colin :o

KDEControl Center > Power Control > Power ControlOnce in there you'll see what I mean.Maybe there's the culprit ?

brunoMissed your post OOPSToo small a screen as compared to my 17" LCD Desktop :P Yeah I may have to do that HOPE he doesn't HIBERNATE with all this snow UNTIL SPRING :hysterical: Colin :thumbsup:
:hmm: let's just hope he doesn't get in savings mode too ! :hysterical:

Can't be better then.Are you running on battery ?There's another option in Power Control too, see Laptop Battery and its tabs.I can't check those settings myself because I don't own a laptop but you could check these yourself.

Mmm, in that case after all you went through I would do as Bruno suggested : take it to someone for check and repair. There's something wrong with it.

Well, not necessarily.But if you like you can enable it and play with the settings, there are only three to adjust which are self explaining.

That's what I meant, a black one and the color one is a three in one. That might be heavy on the budget...In the mean time I'm perusing some forums for the toshiba problem...Colin,I've got two links for ya :http://www.ciao.co.uk/Toshiba_Equium_A60_155__Review_5554674http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive126-2004-11-100425.htmlMaybe it sets you in the right direction. I think it's an overheating problem and according to the forums I saw you're not the only one with these problems.I've got another link but that's a very heavy one, I'll send it to Bruno to let him take a look at it.

Thank you SO much Strikerhave the info in OOo and will give them both a tryNOW you TWEAK :hysterical: the old grey matter - Toshiba ONCE had me switch power off and take battery out tooMaybe it IS time for that as well as the grill cleaningThanks againColin :hysterical: :thumbsup: