• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• SonicDragon

People . . . please leave Colin and me concentrated on this problem . . . . . . I have a hard enough time to keep him focussed !:w00t: Bruno

So you chosse existing partitions . . . . and you get a list like here:--->>>brunoI never GOT that screen on my last install???  :w00t:  :P  ;)  B)  :blink:  :blink:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :'( Colin
Well, you should have if you had chosen "Existing Partitions" in the screen before that . . 2.pngB) Bruno

Hi Bruno Et-AlsI'm back, reinstalled used customn partitioning and only formatted / swap & /home left the rest unformatted for future useAND AM IN KDEAm off to put nluug in for updates, do a two stage update, security first and then all threeSo hope --->>> :w00t: this is what I have when I come backThank you all and david it is NOR simply mepis as the next distro ;) Still have to decide that one yetCheers for YearsColin :P

OOPS :w00t: ME again BrunoGot it this timeHey Quint Bruno HOLD OFF on the Congrats as yet I m still a ways off updatedPlus what ever else i need do Still :P B) :clap: :blink: :wacko: BUT :'( :wacko: B) :blink: :wacko: Colin ;)

Hi ColinFor the updates: . . just open the MCC . . . Software . . . Media Manager and click on the "add" button then tick the box "security updates" ( last one on the right ) . . . . Then paste this in the URL box:

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/updates/10.0/RPMS

The tick the box "Relative Path to synthesis/hdlist" and paste this in that box:

../base/hdlist.cz

Then click OK and wait for the process to finish . . . . and press OK on the large window . . . this will bring you back to the 4 icons of the software management . . . Now press the "Updates" icon and when asked press "YES" to get the list . . . then tick a 3 boxes: "security" "bugfixes" and "normal updates" . . . . install them all.:w00t: Bruno

Hi BrunoSorry about the delayYES I added the source BUT :"> was not very clear in my last emailI am in KDE BUT I STILL got the message--->>>Got a message when configuring LAN--->>>Insmodling module focedeth at /usr/binperl-install/modules-pm line 477And don't know if it needs anything to do to itBut we are :D :lol: :'( B) UP and running againCheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

When I get a message like that it usually means there is an enter in the code where it should all be on one line. I suspect that if you could find line 477 you would find that is probably the case. I think editing the cod ewith that many lines might be a bit much. You could try removing and reinstalling that particular file. That is a tough call.

JuliaThank you :"> I think I will let WELL alone :thumbsup: for now.And now it is probably time to see what 2nd Distro to put onI tried PClos preview 5 a few days ago without success.So maybe will look at other options such as Mepis if I can find their correct download site.And then thanks to your advice I left the final 25g free on my hard drive and got MDK 10 installed :'( :lol: :D B) :hug: :hug: Then after that is done will be the rescue Cd's to burn.Thank youColin :D

Hi ColinFIRST the rescue CD !!!! . . . No other steps before you have a rescue CD !!And I would like to see you fstab before we proceed:

# cat /etc/fstab

:rant: Bruno

Thankd BrunoHere they are--->>[colin@localhost colin]$ suPassword:[root@localhost colin]# cat /etc/fstab/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec 0 0none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0none /proc proc defaults 0 0/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0[root@localhost colin]#Colin

Well, Colin . . . . . congrats !! It does look like you indeed only used hda1, hda5 and hda6 !!!! . . . This is a good start !!!B) Bruno

Good ColinBut let us first enjoy the Mandrake 10 . . . . . and get that one fully configured. I mean . . we are in no hurry are we ??B) Bruno