Penguin Tales

You´re quick Julia, you pick up language easy, hope you had the right accent, dry and crisp. Now try to order us a nice bottle of white wine in dutch and we kan sit back and enjoy the early evening sun here on the terrace.B) The Thirsty Penguin

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posso avere una bicarri de vino bianco perpecheri (can't spell) B) or Est-ce que je peux avoir une bouteille de votre meilleur vin blanc svp? B) Sorry - just can't get the dutch right.Mag ich eine Flasche Ihres besten weißen Weins bitte haben? B) You know I can only butcher French, German and Italian! Dutch just sounds similar enough to Deutch to throw me off. Dutch translation sites are hard to find (most are blocked at school). B) ______________________________Limited linguistic capabilities :blink:

You did a grreat job, I see three bottles of white wine here on the table now ! ( and I have not been drinking yet ! B) )Can I pour you a glass my dear ? Liebfraumilch, Chablis or Chianti, what will it be ?:blink: The What´s He Up To Penguin

You may pour me whatever you would like. All are fine. No point in opening more than one bottle at a time. Oh no, the bell rang. Let me get back to you after school is out!

Ahh... a nice glass of Chianti.... "I ate his liver with some fava beans... and a nice Chianti." - Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs):blink: B)

One Chianti for Ryan and we will go for the Chablis. Ryan looks so thirsty after moving his stuff, he will need the full bottle.We just share this nice chilled white Bourgogne then. :blink:B) The Penguin Connaisseur

You´re right I never was such a fan of Liebfraumilch myself ! Spätlase anytime, but the Liebfrau is to sugary.B) The Now Very Thursty Penguin

Hmmm, I can see finishing with a nice Spatlase but if you start with something sweet, then where do you go from there?

I think GolfPro took his bottle and ran. He must not be a social drinker. He deserves it though, after his hard work this past weekend. B) ________________________Likes to sip fine wine

Well, you have to know, Julia, I´m more into French wine, a nice Riesling or Gewürtzstraminer from l´Alsasse, that region north near the German border, would do me a great pleasure on such a warm night though. :blink:B) The Franco Penguin

I think GolfPro took his bottle and ran.  He must not be a social drinker.  He deserves it though, after his hard work this past weekend. B) ________________________Likes to sip fine wine
I had to go eat some liver and fava beans. B) Okay not really, but I did go eat lunch (leftovers)... The glass of Chianti went quite well with them though :blink:

I am not particular. I lived in the Mosel wine region of Germany and in Italy. I always try the local wines where I live. Of course, visiting the relatives in France means I have tasted theirs as well. Here you can try something like Scuppernog wine but it is very sweet. Barry, you just have to learn to pay attention. Next thing we know Sieb and LilBambi will be here. Then it will be party time!

I'm working on it..Where did you live in Italy? Never lived there, but have visited a few times..Very nice..and very good wines (from my younger days)..Germany too..but never made it pass the local beers

Sheesh... I guess I shouldn't have had that Chianti... B) :blink:<---------------------------Now if I only knew where to buy fava beans here in town.... B) B)

BarryRimini Italy. It was nice. I love living near the water. Guess I am just a water rat! Or should I say a water bird!!!! Never developed a taste for beer so I have sampled a lot of the local wines. My husband has a nephew that owns a champagne vineyard. That's what I call relatives. GolfProIt helps to be up on the finer points in life around here! B) One never knows. ______________________Never turns down a fine wine

Yep...Your right..that is Relatives... Heck where I'm from the best local beverage is made from corn and is against the law..nowhere near as cultured as wine..LOL

Gee I thought you lived north of me in that big naval area! There are some very nice Virginian wines too. I have not noticed too many corn fields - just one silver queen field each year!

Yes I live in Hampton Roads home of the Great Naval Base in Norfolk.(also known as sailor Mecca).but orgin is Tennessee..land of moonshine and ridgerunners.....Not many Tennessee wines and Jack Daniels doesn't count..(But don't tell some folks from tennesse that) LOL,,,Let see live in Va from Tn, ex Navy but work on a AFB..Gezzz I'm confused.

That must be Langley then. I guess I will have to keep alert when I go up Sat to do my usual commissary/BX run. It seems like we go up there every other weekend minimum. That was my first duty station. I guess I need to be careful what I put here. I would not want the penguin to get mad. Next thing you know he will barge in here saying this is his thread. I don't know why? I think he scared away LilBambi and Sieb. I have not seen them around for a day or two. :P I wonder what scared them away. Maybe they had too much of the wine last weekend. You saw what it did to GolfPro. I have never seen anyone get that blasted. :P _____________________Moderation pays off

Yes It's Langley...I really like the base and the people...But the Navy and the AF are Soooo different..I need a translator..He he and they do too!!Yeah, and those wild parties are evil...LOL.Recovery times vary. So you were USAF..That expalins living overseas..what were you in AF? I think the ole Penguin will be fine..LOL

Captain - Job description: Boss people around. Pat people on back. Fire people. Promote people. Kiss ****. Babysit generals. Keep squadron running.That's my plain English response. Of course it was not a Navy Captain. B) Prepared me perfectly for the classroom. B)

Great description! I fully understand!! LOL..Yes raising other people's children and Baby sitting egocentrics can prepare a person for just about anything or convince them to be a hermit

I don´t believe it !. . . . . . . Well, well this is a clever trick; while I´m kept busy in the Linux corner, our good friend Barry is chatting up Julia here in the Penguin Tales ! Now I´m asking you, how loyal are those retired Navy Chiefs ?Barry, if you ever run in to trouble with your boot-loader again, you better find another friend to hand you the fix for it !Julia, I´m disappointed, first you cheat me with your husband and mow I see you falling for Barry´s ¨avances¨ !Boys, This is a public health warning: ¨ You better take care if you´ve got a girlfriend with curly hair ! ¨:rolleyes: The Jealous Penguin

But PenguinYou said you were too busy to play today. Actually my husband is on the road picking up our daughter from college today. My husband retired as a Chief. Maybe I just like chiefs. Bruno, I knew if I visited with someone else you would come back to play. Is it party time yet? Where is everyone?________________________-Ready to play

My deepest apologies Sir Penguin...I would never be one to makeavances on another...I assure you, my intentions were honorable..within the highest standards of Naval Tradition (if you have hung around with sailors tell me..I'll need to try another line..) :rolleyes: Julia...Chiefs are cool..huh!!!

I'm here...although not very much awake (even though it's 1:30 in the afternoon!)... put together my new computer desk last night, but won't have my cable up until tomorrow :rolleyes: Stupid Time Warner... takes 2 weeks to come out and turn on the cable... We called a week ago Monday and they're finally coming on Friday... Aargh... and it's only going to take them 10 minutes!!!

I hear ya Ryan...It took Charter a month to hook up ours and then I had to unscrew the set-up...Geez

For the most part, I don't have too many complaints with TimeWarner, except their installation (nevermind the ridiculous charges!). You'd think they'd want to come as quick as possible so they could make more money, but I guess not. And then they tell you they'll be there between 8:00AM and 12:00PM (a 4 hour block). God forbid they could give you an hour block so you'd know when you have to be home... I can hardly afford to take an entire morning off for a 15 min installation that could happen anytime between 8 and noon... Aargh!! :rolleyes: :D