Penguin Tales

I guess it is your turn to learn something new today. I don't know what your Funk & Wagnell's says fiend means but here is teacher's definitions:A fanatic - someone who spends way too much time doing something.Obsessive compulsive - just can't stop - has to keep postingInsane - someone who appears to be insane because they are so much of a fiend about a particular area.Dedicated - perserveres and keeps at it. Never backs away from a challengePenguin - Need I say more?Somehow I did not need a dictionary to come up with a few definitions for you! B) Maybe it is just the teacher in me._________________________Likes fiendish penguins ;)

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your help teacher Julia, you´re so good in explaining things . . . . if they would have had more teachers like you at the time, I would have gone to school for sure !B) Your Always Learning Penguin

You went to school! It was the school of hard knocks. Learn something on your own for a while and then you are happy when someone can explain the easy way. I taught the teachers Excel this year and they changed from hating it to loving what they could use it for. Some students eat up everything you give them and others complain about teaching them something new! You just can't please everyone. Good thing pleasing everyone is not in my job description!

Good thing pleasing everyone is not in my job description!
I know, Julia ! That takes a wide spectrum of other *special* skills . . :) :) :D :) The Naughty Penguin

Good thing pleasing everyone is not in my job description!
I know, Julia ! That takes a wide spectrum of other *special* skills . . :) :) :D :) Bruno
PenguinI have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about! :) _____________________________Innocent teacher

I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about!
Nor do I myself Julia, have not got a clue, but then I was born that way, anyway that is my excuse . . . . . what is yours ?:D The Clueless PenguinPS: my brains are slowly melting, this is no weather for a penguin . . . . :)

:) It's simple. My mother raised me to be a lady!Well, at least she tried. :D ________________________Striving to Maintain Dignity

Your avatar tells the story better then you do, Julia . . . . I guess that has to be the hardest part of being a mother . . . . you always fail . . . . :) The father role is much easier . . . . and at least you get more credit ! :DB) The False Penguin

Guess I will have to tkae those rose colored lenses off. Time to face reality. Oh no, I can't look! :)

Are those lenses, Julia . . . and for weeks I was thinking it was your make-up ! Nice specs Julia . . . . better keep them on.:) The Bad Sighted Penguin

The Bad Sighted Penguin
See that´s why !
And just how can you see my "pecs"?
Well that´s funny; where is the flashing Teacher text Julia ?:) The Confused Penguin

My mother told me not to be too flashy. She said it was bad enough that I always wore bold colors, but I needed to learn to tame things down a little. :) _____________________Striving for Dignity

That´s what you get when you´re young lovely and innocent as you are Julia, mothers tend to be over-protective, that will wear off as you get a little bit older though, then you can decide for yourself what clothes you wear. . . . :) :DB) The My Mother Never Taught Me Anything Penguin

QUOTECome to think of it penguin you're on your ownYou´re very quick backing off, my dear friend George . . . . . have to keep that one in mind ! laugh.gif laugh.gif Where are the friends when you need them ?cool.gif Bruno 
I was just kidding bruno I've got your back my Friend . You just go ahead and start I will be back soon :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D <_<

That´s what you get when you´re young lovely and innocent as you are Julia, mothers tend to be over-protective, that will wear off as you get a little bit older though, then you can decide for yourself what clothes you wear. . . . <_< :DB) The My Mother Never Taught  Me Anything Penguin
Maybe that is why you wear the same suit day after day. Your mother never taught you to vary your wardrobe a little bit? :lol: Actually, I think we have seen a few outfits. I seem to remember Rambo Penguin. :lol: __________________-Time to go update my wardrobe!

Oh no! That left foot is moving. Had we better call Dr. Earle? Jeber - Where is Dr. Earle? :blink: Penguin -- Are you okay? :unsure: George - Do you pick your sides by tossing a coin in the air? :D _______________________Treading water carefully

With my luck teacher that coin will come back and hit me in the head . Seriously though I wasn't choosing sides just making an observation . :blink: :unsure:

Sure George - we know how it is! :unsure: But if the coin hits you in the head, just reach up and grab it and stick it in your pocket!I changed outfits so Penguin can't make a comeback remark!

I think you and I are the only ones here this morning. I guess the others partied too much. Penguin, on the other hand, has worked virtually non-stop over in Linux (as you are aware). Guess it is just a coffee clatch this morning.

Yea..I looked over there..he has had his flippers full..But it's great to have his knowledge available..even more so he shares. I would just like to have a 1/10 of his linux knowledge.Well then a coffeeclatch it is..Did you hit the BX this weekend?

Of course, BX and commissary. Also went to see X men at the Hampton 24 finally. Tried to see Nemo but it was sold out. You could tell it was the end of the month - everything was crowded. I see Penguin is back on line in Linux. He jus might pop in here. Who knows. It is time for my students to study for tests...... Something they hate to do!

No way, I´m here . . (Julia and Sieb too ! )penguin-dreams2.jpg:unsure: The very Happy Penguin* Thanks to Quint for the picture !

Hey Bruno! Great Pic..See you have been a BUSY Penguin the weekend!!Julias..yes it is the strat of the crowded season here in Hampton Roads.

No way, I´m here . . (Julia and Sieb too ! )penguin-dreams2.jpgB) The very Happy Penguin* Thanks to Quint for the picture !
Are you sure? I look around and don't see anyone here!

??? . . . well, she calles herself Julia . . . I thought it was you . . . did not have my shades on and the pure delight is blinding my eyesight . . . . . Sieb, that IS you . . . . .or not ??All confused with two strange ladies over here . . . . well, who cares . . . having the time of my life ! B) :DB) The Ultimate Bliss Penguin

Oh penguin, it must be a slow day over in the L**** forum. That stands for Love right? Or was it Lobotomy? Glad to see you are in fine form today!_________________________Has an eye for penguins B)

Better a successful lobotomy then a ¨love night¨ that ended in pain . . . . have to go now Julia, the ladies are waiting for me . . B) The Lobotized Penguin