• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

You have it:Fools jump in where angels fear to tread.Translation: Fools act without thinking while angels are smart enough to look to see what is out there first. +++++++++++++++++++++++++The Literary Teach

Sieb - WonderfulBarry - Speak up!Penguin - I thought you were calling it quits__________________________Keeping the class in line

You have it:Fools jump in where angels fear to tread.Translation:  Fools act without thinking while angels are smart enough to look to see what is out there first.  +++++++++++++++++++++++++The Literary Teach
Well I know what she meant by it Julia ! But she said it as a complimet and that's what counts !Nice picture Sieb, have to check out that link ! ( you can download a free version of Internet Explorer on that site ! B) )B) The I''m Stopping Now PenguinPS: Have a hard day tomorrow, see ya all !----------------No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness. -- Aristotle

Sieb - Join in and lets serenade penguin goodnight!As we say around here: Sleep tight and Don't let the bedbugs bite.Translation: Go to sleep!_______________________Can't carry a tune

I think you need at least 2 pair of these too! Vampiric Penguin Slippers!So I was browsing through one of my Psy Clothing Outlets one day in a desperate attempt not to think about Hatsuma, when I discovered that yet another one of my genius ideas had finally made it to the open market. Psychic Vampire Penguin Plushie Slippers! An incredibly cute line of footwear (Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use!) that transfers energy from your opponent’s brain into your feet, greatly increasing quickness and agility. I must say, this certainly came in handy escaping from security when I wore them out of the store.-----------------------The amazed at how much stuff is on the net about vampire penquins Sieb B)

Sieb - Join in and lets serenade penguin goodnight!As we say around here:  Sleep tight and Don't let the bedbugs bite.Translation:  Go to sleep!_______________________Can't carry a tune
I just thought we'd continue to needle the penquin til he fell asleep on his keyboard, but that wouldn't be nice, would it? B) ------------------------Played along on the piano with you Teach & let me tell you - we sounded wonderful! B) ------------------------Can't play a piano Sieb

Sure! And one of these too! B) Psychedelic Penguin Shirt!It’s our greatest achievement yet. A fashionable penguin shirt that gives it’s wearer complete psychic control over their environment. This one I’m wearing now is just the prototype. I decided it was a bit too powerful to release to the general public. I’m sure whoever did this to me has some plan to get their hands on the secret of our one of a kind psychic clothing. Not that I blame them for that… these shirts are really cool if I do say so myself. What’s that? You want to try it on? You pervert!--------------------------------------The gotta go pay bills that I've put off for 3 days Sieb!PS - I like the mix of psychedelic & psychic in the ad. B)

Keep the psychic but I'll borrow the shirt. Do you think it will keep the penguin in line? Go pay your bills and loan me the shirt. Oh, I forgot, the penguin has gone to sleep! Maybe another time.__________________-The Jealous Teacher

I discovered that yet another one of my genius ideas had finally made it to the open market.
"In every work of genius, we see our own rejected thoughts." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Guest LilBambi

Quint,Ralph Waldo Emerson was pretty amazing wasn't he?More cool short quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered....
So is cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more remains....
Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you....

Quint,Ralph Waldo Emerson was pretty amazing wasn't he?More cool short quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson:
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered....
So is cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more remains....
Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you....
Fran,Thanks for that link. B) He sure was. He and J.R.R. Tolkien and Hermann Hesse are the writers whose works I would never be without. B) One of his best quotes (along with the ones given):"A man is a God in ruins." - R.W.E.

Well, it looks like we have to re-name this thread to the ¨quote-thread¨, let me have a try to get this back ¨ON-TOPIC¨ ( computers ) :D :D :* Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up. * Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature. -- -- Rich Kulawiec * If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. :D The Quoting Penguin

Allie allie in free. (Translation - where is everyone?)I know, everyone raced over to watch Seib install Mandrake. Will have to see if she turns into a shedrake. I had to leave the party thread. I just can't be around smoke. Bruno, where is the wine. Oh, I remember, I am suppose to pratice opening the bottle. I've got a very fine vintage here. Let me show you my new pouring technique (linen over arm, pouring while holding from the bottom, label exposed to viewer, just the right amount in the glass). How was that. Did I forget to tell you what it was? Let me go look!__________________________Practicing New Skills

Just poor the wine in slowly, I´ll have a look on the etiquette myself if you don´t mind, not only do I want to know the name but also if it is ¨appelation controlé¨, ¨le chateau¨ ,¨L´année¨ then smell ¨ le bouquet¨ and have a little sip before you can fill the glass.:lol: The Connesseur Penguin---------------------Etiquette is for those with no breeding; fashion for those with no taste.

But of course. How about a little Turning Leaf Merlot, vintage 1999? Let me go rummage around and see what I have to offer. Forget the champagne, iI am not suppose to practice opening that. Let's see. Oh here, is a little Scuppernog. Have you tried that before? Very sweet. No, I think something a little bolder will do.__________________-Practice, practice

Oh here, is a little Scuppernog.
That´s not French my chèrie, would not touch that @#$% water !:lol: The Snob Penguin---------------------Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

No my dear penguin, it is not French. The Americans have been a bit funny about all things French this year. I thought perhaps you would care to sample a little of the local vintage? Scuppernog is made right here in North Carolina. Does it translate into something bad in Dutch. I do have a bottle of champagne from France but I fear my husband would notice if it was missing. He might think I have a liaison somewhere. B) Since I don't have anything French other than the champagne, what about a nice bottle of schwartzKatz 1993? It might be a little old now. I would have to go look to see whether it is a basic Reisling or something a little finer. :lol: _____________________Keeping up with the Penguin

schwartzKatz,Scuppernog
Sounds all very dodgy to me, is that really the stuff you drink over there ? You poor folks . . . not even a decent little ¨vin de table¨, will be a long time before you will see me there . . . :lol: The Even Bigger Snob Penguin------------------There is no sincerer love than the love of food. -- George Bernard Shaw

Okay, forget that. You bring the wine!______________________-Willing to let someone else buy the wine!

Got a little Moulin-a-vent here my dear, here you can do the practice of opening it.B) The Thursty Penguin-----------------Oliver's Law: Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

L'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé, à consommer avec modération. You just wanted me to see the warning label. What happened to the days when it was unnecessary to say the obvious?_____________________________Figured it all out

Has a nice ¨nez¨ that wine Julia, you can fill my glass, never mind the warnings !B) The Have Been Warned Before Penguin--------------------- ( this one is for chains: )It is better to wear chains, than to believe you are free and weight yourself down with invisible chains.

Chains is working in a bookstore this summer. I will have to go by and visit and pass that one on to her since school is now out here. She will like that one.

Should have posted it earlier but my Slackware only popped it up today !B) The Slacky Penguin-----------------I have often regretted my speech, never my silence. -- Publilius Syrus

I wondered if you would drop in. Here, let me pour you a glass. It's past the penguin's bedtime so I need someone to share his wine! What do you think? Do you approve?____________________________The Expert Wine Pourer B)

Hmm... a little bitter for my taste, but not too bad... Definitely drinkable (especially since I didn't buy!) B)