• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• nlinecomputers

• ross549

Got mine yesterday as well. :hmm: Now I just need a DVD drive :lol: didn't realize they were DVD's when I ordered them... oh well. An excuse to buy something that I've been putting off doing for months B)

Modern times Ryan ! . . . . Get yourself a DVD-player :hmm: ( replaced one 2 months ago for $ 40 . . . so they are not expensive anymore :lol: )B) Bruno

Three DVDs right to your mailbox. I will have to give them credit for speedy delivery! For a freebie who can complain about a week from thought to receipt?Julia :lol:

Modern times Ryan !  . . . .  Get yourself a DVD-player :hmm: ( replaced one 2 months ago for $ 40 . . . so they are not expensive anymore :lol: )B) Bruno
I know... I've been trying to hold off until next year when I'll need to buy a DVD-RW drive (making DVD's of my Wedding), but I may have to break down and just buy a cheap DVD-ROM drive now.I'm sure I can get one for less than $25 if I look around :)

I know...  I've been trying to hold off until next year when I'll need to buy a DVD-RW drive (making DVD's of my Wedding), but I may have to break down and just buy a cheap DVD-ROM drive now.
Wedding? Did we miss an announcement somewhere????Congrats!Julia :(

Ryan ?? . . . . . . Any way we can help you change your mind before it is to late ? :( :DB) Bruno

It's happening next April (April 30 to be exact)... I'll be sure to post a wedding invitation as the time gets closer :)And no, Bruno, there's no changing my mind now... she just put down a non-refundable deposit on the wedding dress... And we already have the church and reception hall booked. Nevermind the cost of her engagement ring.

Got mine yesterday as well. :)  Now I just need a DVD drive :)  didn't realize they were DVD's when I ordered them...  oh well.  An excuse to buy something that I've been putting off doing for months :)
Ryan my sentiments exactly;only thing I have to get the wife to sign off on the purchase of my new DVD drive. ;)

Ryan my sentiments exactly;only thing I have to get the wife to sign off on the purchase of my new DVD drive. ;)
Ahh... the benefit of not being married yet! :) I don't need permission :)I just have to buy everything I'll ever want before next spring... after that, I'll be poor :) :)

...  after that, I'll be poor :)  :)
Glad you see that one clear !! ;) :) . . . . Well I tried to warn you !! :PB) Bruno

The key to a happy marriage:Both spouses working or separate incomesHis and her accountsAgreement on who pays whatSave a little.Don't account for your computer expenditures!!!! ;) :) :) Julia

The key to a happy marriage:Don't account for your computer expenditures!!!!  ;) :)  :) Julia
Hee Hee, This is my golden rule....besides my wife figures it's cheaper than ..ummm other forms of entertainment

The key to a happy marriage:Both spouses working or separate incomesHis and her accountsAgreement on who pays whatSave a little.Don't account for your computer expenditures!!!!  ;) :)  :) Julia
Gee Julia,That's the same methodology I use in my relationship! :)

QuintDon't go bursting his bubble! He should be at the "Isn't love grand" stage. Don't let him know life is a series of compromises yet! (Saying this as 12 neighborhood kids are upstairs in my kitchen.)Julia

Got an email on July 1 from Novell saying my SUSE package has been sent! I installed SUSE 9.1 Personal on the type of computer that Linuxdude32 (Jason) will be using to teach his Linux course this fall. Must say that I like this version, too. It's got a bit of everything to teach a beginner's Linux course. :unsure:
Well, two weeks later I finally got my 3 DVD Linux Technical Resource Kit from Novell. :D Now, I need to block out some time to build an image somewhere. Unfortunately none of our lab computers hav DVD-ROM drives and they can't boot my external USB Plextor DVD burner. :hmm:

Well, two weeks later I finally got my 3 DVD Linux Technical Resource Kit from Novell. :"> Now, I need to block out some time to build an image somewhere. Unfortunately none of our lab computers hav DVD-ROM drives and they can't boot my external USB Plextor DVD burner.  :sweatingbullets:
Mine arrived on Monday sort of my carriers can't seem to locate the package now :w00t: emailed Novell to find out if there was some way to get it replaced; otherwise I asked them for the cost of the package because my carriers are definitely going to have to replace it.Why is it so hard to find good help? :lol: :drooling: