Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today

crp

6 hours ago, sunrat said:

You have good taste, that's the same house.

Thanks.

My bad I just clicked on the link in your reply and it took me to the main picture in the article.The white curly wirly house, which I thought was neat but possibly a tad too much. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
securitybreach
7 hours ago, sunrat said:

Sorry, I'm not going to click on random links. Please give some description of what the video is about.

Controlling Turbulence and Evolution: How Engineers Overcome Uncertainty

Space the final frontier.  No longer the stuff of sci fi books and films.

Astronaut Tool Bag Becomes Unexpected Satellite After ISS Spacewalk Slip-Up

The orbital slip-up was tracked and cataloged as a +6th magnitude object that’s approximately one minute ahead of the space station. At +6th magnitude, the wayward tool bag is just slightly below the limit of visibility to the unaided eye, EarthSky revealed. But if you’re curious about the lost tools, you can probably view the bag with a pair of binoculars or a small telescope, depending on weather and ambient light conditions.

Space Force’s Elusive Spaceplane Is Launching on SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy for the First Time

For its seventh mission, the spaceplane will operate in new orbital alignments and carry out experiments with future space domain awareness technologies. The spaceplane will also be carrying a NASA experiment that will expose plant seeds to the harsh radiation environment of long-duration spaceflight in order to build data for future crewed missions.

The Boeing-built reusable vehicle is operated by the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office and the U.S. Space Force. For its previous mission, the spaceplane took off in May 2020 atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket. The uncrewed vehicle spent 908 days in orbit before landing at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in November 2022, beating its previous record of 780 consecutive days in orbit.

The Space Force has shared little information about its test vehicle and has not specified the exact capabilities of its spaceplane. Similarly, China recently launched its own spaceplane on August 4, 2022 under mysterious circumstance, and the test vehicle landed back on Earth’s surface in May.

Humanity Just Witnessed Its First Space Battle

The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) shot down an Iranian-manufactured ballistic missile using its Arrow 2 anti-missile system, Haaretz reported. The incident happened on Tuesday, October 31, with Yemeni forces possibly targeting Eilat, an Israeli city on the coast of the Red Sea. The Telegraph claims the missile was intercepted and destroyed above the Kármán line, which at 62 miles (100 kilometers) above sea level is widely recognized as the boundary of space.

Yemen’s Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for the attack. Since 2015, Houthi forces have extensively utilized missiles and drones supplied by Iran in their ongoing conflict with an Arab coalition. Israel declared war against Hamas after the Palestinian militant group launched cross-border raids from Gaza on October 7, prompting a pro-Palestinian response from the Houthi rebels.

😎

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the proliferation of gigantic vehicles on the road these days. More fuel, more danger to others, more road wear, more idiot drivers. This image shows the Dodge RAM has worse forward vision than an Abrams tank! 😬
NORQKtr.png

4 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Whatchoo mean, man? BIG is an American tradition. It's also a small-penis compensation solution, evidently. ;)

Not only American. Biggest selling vehicle in Australia is Toyota Hilux ute. Not quite as big as a RAM but still really annoying when it's parked in a standard parking spot next to my XR6. RAM-size utes are getting more popular here too.

• +1 1