Mepis ( kernel 2.6 and KDE 3.2.2 ) for Colin

Bruno

Very simple to do Colin . . also in Mepis :DOpen a console and from the meu bar at the top choose "Settings"--> "Configure Console" . . . . you will get a GUI . . second tab bottom right there is the thing to make it transparent :DB) Bruno

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• quint

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure there is Colin . . I have been doing this for years . . . always in KDE . . . try again !!"Settings"--> "Configure Console"What do you get then ??:bounce: Bruno

I get a Gui withgeneral/Schema/sessionand all the boxes to "x" are on the leftOK/APPLY/Cancel are the butons at the bottomColin

Yeah Isee it at the bottom rightI used "Transparent Light Background" applied OK'd and saves Schema but eh konsole is still the same white backgroundColin :bounce:

How does it look Colin . . did you give the font used for the prompt a nice color too ?? Did you make the transparency dark enough so you can still see what you are typing ?:bounce: Bruno

Nope BrunoJust the same consoleBUT I noticed this is happening at the prompts--->>> kamicota@15[kamicota]$ the one before was kamicota@14[kamicota]$ and the one before that was kamicota@13[kamicota]$Colin :bounce:

ColinIn the GUI that Quint showed you . . . . where the dog is: tick the box transparent and do the slider in the middle . . then to the left of that box you see a White box with all kind of names . . choose "Linux Colors" . . . then above the Dog-box you see "Konsole colors" , put it on "custom"and click on the rechangular box beside it and pick a nice green color . . . then save schema and clost the console and open it again.B) Bruno

Bruno PLEASE Excuse the cut and RUNA friend has been hanging on for over an hour NOW to go for Coffee HIS request So catch you later and thanks B) for the PATIENCEColin :thumbsup: :D

Okay . . have a nice time :DBut we are not going to do anything else installing, tweaking before you have the console transparent and mice looking . . . just apply yourself . . search, try all possebillities, try harder to find how to do it . . you can do it .. it is all there, all the tools are there . . you can do it !B) Bruno

Thankx BrunoWiil do the Transparent thing once Friend has been satisfied. :D OOPS another asked If we can go for coffee this eveningBOY B) am I a BUSY Boy hu :thumbsup: Colin

Excuses . . excuses . . . . B) :thumbsup:. . . . . . okay you can have the evening off . . . but tomorrow it is learning time again Colin !!:D Bruno

Now Now BrunoA "Geordie" can NOT tell a lie. :thumbsup: B) Calvin Phoned at 1.00pm our time wishing to go for Coffee--->>> "okay you can have the evening off . . . but tomorrow it is learning time again Colin !!"Heavens what have you IN STORE for me Monday :D the Mind trembles :o Colin :o

Well, you first get a good nights sleep Colin . . . . . . You will need it !! B) :thumbsup: :D :o Bruno

Hey BrunoGot the Konsole with the transparency. Don't remember what I did But :o :o B) :thumbsup: Thank youWish I could post it like you and Quint :D By the way it is ONLY 4.32pm hereColin :o

Hey BrunoGot the Konsole with the transparency. Don't remember what I did  But  :o  :o  B)  :thumbsup:  Thank youWish I could post it like you and Quint  :D By the way it is ONLY 4.32pm hereColin  :o
Good job Colin !!And the numbers are probably the times that you started the console . . reboot and see if it starts at 0 again . . . :DB) Bruno

Yeah Thankz Bruno B) NOW fun and games again--->>Tried to get into Gnome but NO way. A balck Console in top right corner of splah screen with kamicota@0kamicota etc Plus the Gnome spalsh scree seemed to be loading the modules BUT Nothing happed so"root" reboot and tried IceWM that worked a treat BUT still NO GnomeExploring is getting Hilarious here isn't itColin :o :D :o :thumbsup:

NOW What's going on hereThe Modem Lights are contimually flashing to EVEN in KDE default :thumbsup: B) I'ts getting the curiosity on a knifes edge againCheers for Yearscolin :D

OOPS May have found the Problem--->>>Grandaughter just hooked her Dell Windows XP and it seems as if she may have a virus and IT is trying to Access the Internet continuallyColin B)

Better go do some reading and get her computer all cleaned up. You can't afford to be late on updates and definitions if running Windows!Julia :)

Yeah JuliaAm going to shut my computer down.Update her definitions IF she has a Virus Program and JUST HOPE it is NOT the sasser Virus etcMy windows Virus definitions are updated dailyBut we will see NEED some peace and quiet to get this underwayColin :)