Mepis ( kernel 2.6 and KDE 3.2.2 ) for Colin

Bruno

Barry/QuintI DID register at Mepis and DID find those "BUY" now links although as yet Mepis is in Beta so the Decision from there IS ????--->>>???Quint will these commands AFFECT PCLos or MepisSCARY SCARY for the ExplorerColin :thumbsup:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• quint

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin,This is the pertinent part of my "Overclockix 3.4"..."XF86Config-4" file:

Section "InputDevice"        Identifier  "PS/2 Mouse"        Driver      "mouse"        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"        Option      "Resolution"  "300"        Option      "Buttons"  "3"#  Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"        Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"        Option      "SendCoreEvents"  "true"EndSection
HTH. :thumbsup:

HECK QuintThought you KNEW me better than that--->>> :thumbsup: *Where do I PUT that * What will it do * Don't FORGET I'm JUST an EXPLORER :thumbsup: Colin :thumbsup:

Quint will these commands AFFECT PCLos or MepisSCARY SCARY for the ExplorerColin  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: What commands?? :thumbsup: If you mean changing the "XF86Config-4" file, in "Overclockix 3.4", it will not have any bearing on "PCLOS" or "Mepis".

Oh Colin....You have to go into your file (locate it first) and then use vi to make the changes. Are you really ready to tackle that tonight???Julia :thumbsup:

Julia :thumbsup: Definitely NEEDED a STEADYING influence :thumbsup: Heck I JUST go with the FLOW when it starts and that's what I'm in NOW tih Overclockix. Trying it out for my friend.Plus wouldn't know WHICH FILE to locate and secondly there you go again "VI" :D HECK I STILL feel as if I'm from ANOTHER PLANET even though "VI" was visited a couple of weeks ago l :thumbsup: Colin B)

Colin,Refer to Bruno's explicit directions to you, earlier in this thread; I have never used anything but "vi", but you are more comfortable using "kedit" or "kwrite". :thumbsup: If unsure, DO NOTHING!! (PLEASE!!)

Yaeh QuintI was beginning to think Brunos Instructions were the way to go.But NOT tonight have been at this for quite a few hours nowYes love the "See Through" not the write phrase DeskTopSome IMPRESSIVE Wallpapers.ASnd ME NOT up to exploring.I'ts mepis here I come to wind up the dayThank YOU SO much for the help :thumbsup: Colin :thumbsup:

Colin,When you do it from a "LIveCD", you cannot reboot and expect the changes to "take-hold"...there are another few steps, involving switching to "init 1" and back to "init 5"...better wait for Bruno, or requisition Julia. :thumbsup:

QuintThe changes will stay that he has made. He has installed already, I believe. That's why the discussison about the downloads. They are something else too. Tomorrow will be a fresh day and soon enough to continue on this "journey". :)Julia :thumbsup:

QuintThe changes will stay that he has made.  He has installed already, I believe.  That's why the discussison about the downloads.  They are something else too.  Tomorrow will be a fresh day and soon enough to continue on this "journey".  :)Julia :thumbsup:
Hi Julia,I was referring to "Overclockix 3.4"...still don't know where Colin d/l it from, unless he did the "bittorrent" route. :thumbsup: Colin refers to "Overclockix 3.4" when he says:
Hey QuintAM in Overclockix 2.6 and found where the "Super Kamicota" Avatar came form-->>> LOVING ITBUT like the First boot into Mepis 2.6 the SCROLL does not work BooHooNow just going to play with it and see what else is in thereColin

Hey Colin . . . . . . So you did use Bittorrent . . . . have you ?? :hmm: :P ( Will have tpo keep an eye on you :D )On your question: you can not make changes to configfiles on a Live CD, because you can not write to it ;) . . .so . . . . . B) Bruno

Nope Bruno :hmm: :lol: Overclockix did away with Bittorrent because of there glitchy downloads.At least it runs and my friend WILL be happy :hmm: :hmm: Colin :(

JohannWent to Distrowatch and from there to Overclockix and clicked on the download and it was NOT from Bit TorrentColin :hmm:

Colin,What about installing Gkrellm, Galeon . . and Evolution in Mephis ?? Feel like it ?:bounce: Bruno

Yeah BrunoWhy Not although Evolution is NOT my favoutite cup of tea. I USE Mzilla Mail and have it set upBut lets go for the gusto OK :bounce: Colin B)

Colin,Open a console and type as root:

# apt-get update< wait ># apt-get install galeon

That will install Galeon . . . do the same with:

# apt-get install gkrellm

and

# apt-get install evolution

:bounce: Bruno

Hey hang on there Bruno :o I'm in PCLos :bounce: I'll reboot to Mepis 2.6 and in the meantime Wnat is "gkrellm"See you back in Mepis (sounds like a love song doesn't it B) )Colin B)

This is Gkrellm Colin: Gkrellm.jpg System monitors ;)Click on the image and you see the full desktop of a year ago ;):bounce: Bruno

Now go to the menu and click on the entry "run command" and type "gkrellm" . . . . then Gkrellm will start and you can start configuring it by rightclicking on the top of the GUIB) Bruno

Sorry about that I was so excited to se the "See Through" App on youir desktop cos' that what was in Overclockix and boy it would br nice to do the ame on mineHave gkrellm up but Configuring :bounce: Colin B)