• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• BarryB

• quint

• havnblast

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barry . . . it is downloading right now . . . . nice speed !! 220 KB/s :thumbsup: :DB) Bruno

Hope you like it...good speed..but isn't that server like right out your front door? :thumbsup: B) I usually get between 160 and 200 from the NLUUG server...not bad for a cross atlantic trip :thumbsup:

Any advice on install to HD ?? . . . and where is the checksum ?Speed is up to 240 - 238 now . . . . yes it are the neighbours next door :thumbsup: :DB) Bruno

HD install pretty straightforward..(Much like Mandrake, but different GUI) umm checksum.. hmmm let me go look)

I printed myself the free-entry ticket to the Linux Tag on June 23 - 26 in Karlsruhe . . . . . . promisses to be a nice show :DB) Bruno

Ok..I have failed in the search for a checksum..went to every mirror listed..no checksum for the beta..come to think of it , don't remember one when I grabbed it either... :blink:One thing you will want to do..is change the default wallpaper... :thumbsup: (you'll understand after you see it)

Not sure if this is good or bad :thumbsup: ...the site in German..but I have a rough understanding what they are saying :thumbsup: ..Man is that scary or what B) :lol:

Well, it is a German event, so that makes a site in German logical . . . . . . but seen that even you can read German: I will print another free ticket so you can come too :thumbsup: :DB) BrunoPS: Mepis is half way there . . . . .

LOL..that would be great...wish they had more events like that here (the free part is good too)..LOL the last time I was in Germany I had a blast (well at least the parts I remember) :thumbsup:

Linux is booming Barry . . soon there will be big events like that in the US too ;):thumbsup: Bruno

270 MB to go . . . The blanc CD is in the burner and I have the console open and already typed:

[bruno:~/Downloads/ISO/Mephis]$ cdrecord dev=0,0,0 mepis-2004.05.b03.cd1.iso

So all I have to do is hit the <Enter> button :thumbsup: :lol::thumbsup: Bruno

LOL...everytime I fly I wear one of my linux shirts, just to get people to ask( of course usually it's if I sell Penguins :thumbsup: )...So far I think I've given away 20-25 CD's flying coast to coast( people like the live CD..That won't "hurt" their computers..and getting them to understand that different and hard are 2 different words

LOL...everytime I fly I wear one of my linux shirts, just to get people to ask( of course usually it's if I sale Penguins :thumbsup: )...So far I think I've given away 20-25 CD's flying coast to coast( people like the live CD..That won't "hurt" their computers..
LOL . . I will be wearing my LinuxWorld T-shirt, the one from New York B) . . . . . That will make them think I am important :thumbsup: :w00t::lol: Bruno

Way cool....I wish linux was used as much here as there :thumbsup: ...someday though :DYou must be close to burning the CD...command ready...

Dang...you do have a good download speed going :thumbsup:
Well, I have to . . where would I be without broadband ?? . . . . . Miserable !:thumbsup: Bruno

Dang...you do have a good download speed going :thumbsup:
Well, I have to . . where would I be without broadband ?? . . . . . Miserable !B) Bruno
No truer words were ever spoken.. :thumbsup:

Shutting down and rebooting in Mepis . . will start a new thread when I am up ( Live ) :thumbsup: :DB) Bruno

havnblast

Ok finally got this installedI can't believe they don't have you setup the root and user accounts anymore, but can be remedy with:If you need to set a root password, as the regular ("Knoppix") user, all you have to do is type sudo passwd in a console and it will ask you to supply one. (If you're already root, omit "sudo".) After that, you can supply your newly set root password to KDE when it asks.I sure like this distro - blazing fast and just plain works

Hi KellyOne question: If you make an additional user with "adduser bruno" and give it a password . . how do you log in as that user ? . . . Because the user "Knoppix" is NOT password protected . . and there is no login screen . . . ?Because everybody that is logged in as user knoppix has sudo rights . . . and thus can change the root password to his/her likings . . . does not seem very safe to me ;)B) Bruno