V.T. Eric Layton

I do hope, for TT's sake, that there is always supervision when the child is in contact with the cat. :yes:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• Temmu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back on topic. This is the kitty thread!

Tater giving the little human some comfort.     Adam

ross549

Tater Tot seems to be a very patient, sweet-natured cat, very good with Michael.

Absolutely. He lets Michael knew when too much is too much. Michael has gotten a scratch or two in the past. :P

I do hope, for TT's sake, that there is always supervision when the child is in contact with the cat. :yes:

What do you mean? Tater is a great babysitter!

Adam

• Like 2
ross549

Absolutely. Michael watches some things, but we do not plop him in front of it for hours. Maybe a bit of Thomas in the morning.

• Like 2
Temmu

when i lived up north, my kids were 4 and 2 or so.

i put our brand-new stereo (!!) tv in an unused bedroom, to use it as our entertainment den, freeing up the living room for, um living and entertaining.

so, i was off one day, and wanted to spend time with the wife, so put kids in the tv room in front of "sesame street" - what could go wrong?

well, minutes later i stuck my head in to see a bunch of almost nude sesame street kids.

whoa! off goes the tv.

that was the last time i used the tv as a sitter.

Capt.Crow

You really have to put the TV out of reach and keep the remote in your possession at all times.

TeleTubbies Is great for keeping them soporific .Transformers scares them .Barbie is a NONO :cat:

ebrke

I don't..... I find the show irritating.... lol

But you're not under 5 years of age--that probably has a lot to do with it. :P
Guest LilBambi

:hysterical: Temmu ...

Sadly, a Mastiff that big is what jumped into our chicken coop killed all the rest of our chickens except one that was hanging on by a thread and one rooster. He picked each one up and threw his head back and forth and tossed it and went on to the next one. By the time we got out there, within a minute of seeing him, it was all over. He was just having fun apparently.

Yes, Adam, it's amazing the things we put up with for our children. ;)

Edited by LilBambi
abarbarian

Sadly, a Mastiff that big is what jumped into our chicken coop killed all the rest of our chickens

For every sad tale there is a happy outcome.

5.jpg B)

• Like 2
Capt.Crow

Just goes to show ,that a lock on the chickenshack door is worth 10 times its weight in fresh eggs. Yummy yummy. :cat:

Everyone here locks up the Geese Ducks Hens. every night. :alien:

Stray dogs and foxes. :devil:

But its mighty hard to keep a mink or a polecat out . :'(

Guest LilBambi
sunrat

You should have eaten the dog.

thit chó is a delicacy in Vietnam, especially in the North where you see roadside eateries advertising it out front.

V.T. Eric Layton

So what? They beat live monkeys to death at the table and scoop their brains out to eat raw in certain places. That don't mean it ain't sick and disgusting to me.

In reality, we shouldn't blame the dog for anything. It was just being a dog. If anyone is at fault, it's the dog's owner(s).

• Like 2
Capt.Crow

A short history :- Maggot was a Big black female. When she was younger she would bring in little presents . robin frog leveret once a mink < how she beat that one remains a mystery . Her problem was she would also deposit in a hidden corner ,only to be traced with the olfactory system. Phew! So Maggot got herself banned from the house. She lived in the shed and came to the door for her dinner. and a drink of water . She hated milk. Well she lived until she was 25 yrs old and just vanished one day never to be seen again . But she left a legacy . Every now and then in my travels in the nearish vicinity I see a dark shadow passing through the brush and for a moment I will see a black cat with exactly the same white flash on the top of it's head .

I miss her company as she was the one constant in my life for those twenty-five years . :'( 3 wives o:) But only one cat.

I hope she is doing well in whatever place she is now .

• Like 2
ebrke

An outdoor cat like that probably went away to be alone to die--not uncommon. I know what you mean about a constant in your life--I picked up one stray as a kitten and lived with him for almost 19 years--longer than both my marriages combined.

Edited by ebrke
  • Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

I could tell kitty stories for hours here. Suffice to say, I have a few. I love them all. :)

• Like 2
Capt.Crow

I could tell kitty stories for hours here. Suffice to say, I have a few. I love them all. :)

A go-on go-on go-on Do tell .