My IT Certification/Continuing Education Saga

abarbarian

26fGyI2.png

You guys worry too much. Now when you start to see adverts like the above, then you can start to worry. :228823:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• Temmu

• abarbarian

• amenditman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please note my new sigline image...     I passed.

Yup. That alphabet soup needs to add up to $$$ for it to be worthwhile.   I already have A.S. (Associate of Science - Computer Engineering Technology), C.E.T. (International Society of Certified Ele

Aren't we all.

securitybreach

26fGyI2.png

You guys worry too much. Now when you start to see adverts like the above, then you can start to worry. :228823:

Indeed :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

No. I'd have to go lower in carb intake to do that. Ketosis is good when you're trying to lose weight. It's proof that you're burning fat cells. And while I do need to lose some weight, I'm not working on it that strictly at the moment; maintaining seems to be the current status.

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

Hey! What else is there to do with all the dead people? If we eat them, they won't come back to eat us. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Back to topic...

I'm outta' here! Gotta' go study... study... study!

On a similar topic before running off, though...

I was a bit saddened by my two hour online job search today. It's not going to be as easy to break into this new career as I had hoped. There are lots of interesting networking and IT jobs out there, but all want OODLES of prior experience. I need an entry level opportunity. How does one get their foot in the door? :(

ross549

No. I'd have to go lower in carb intake to do that. Ketosis is good when you're trying to lose weight. It's proof that you're burning fat cells. And while I do need to lose some weight, I'm not working on it that strictly at the moment; maintaining seems to be the current status.

Interesting.. I've been reading up on the phenomenon.....

Adam

amenditman

Back to topic...

I'm outta' here! Gotta' go study... study... study!

On a similar topic before running off, though...

I was a bit saddened by my two hour online job search today. It's not going to be as easy to break into this new career as I had hoped. There are lots of interesting networking and IT jobs out there, but all want OODLES of prior experience. I need an entry level opportunity. How does one get their foot in the door? :(

Eric,

I go to System Administration class with two guys who work at Sago Networks on Gandy, just west of Dale Mabry. They say it is a small shop and they need Linux knowledgable folks. I asked about networking and they said it was something they are always needing, not necessarily hiring, but needing. Your combination of Linux skills and networking will at least get you a face to face.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I'm still studying, but not making much headway. Sadly, the ICND2 text book that I'm reading is so unutterably BORING that it could easily be used in the medical industry as a high-powered sleep medication. I'm still chugging along though, and thinking ahead, too...

I just ordered:

CompTIA Linux+ Complete Study Guide Authorized Courseware: Exams LX0-101 and LX0-102 from Amazon.

I also have these two on my wish list, if anyone cares to buy me an early birthday/Christmas gift:

CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide

Much studying ahead on the horizon, it seems. Maybe one day, I might even manage to get a job. :(

• Like 1
rolanaj

The only book I ever found that put me to sleep was a computer concepts book back when I took an office tech course (office admin) A couple paragraphs and I would be yawning like crazy.

• Like 1
abarbarian

These guys are looking for folks,

http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-brief/70172-us-intelligence-wants-to-recruit-an-it-army

You would probably need a black suit and black sunglasses though :harhar:

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

The only book I ever found that put me to sleep was a computer concepts book back when I took an office tech course (office admin) A couple paragraphs and I would be yawning like crazy.

A guaranteed sleep inducer for me is Tolstoy's War and Peace. I've tried numerous times over the last 30 years to read this book. I've never gotten more than 150 pages into it on any try so far. :(

• Like 1
Temmu

here's a current ibm-written linux exam guide - it's top notch!

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lpic1-v3-map/index.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

V.T. Eric Layton

Cool!

Hey! Why is your posting slewing my forum page all over the place. I can scroll for miles to the right because of your ++++++++ at the bottom of the posting. :(

• Like 1
amenditman

here's a current ibm-written linux exam guide - it's top notch!

http://www.ibm.com/d...-map/index.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Hey it messes up my post to.

What is this, some sort of posting voodoo?

Temmu the WitchDoctor! :devil:

Guest LilBambi

Nope, it's the fact that he has no spaces anywhere in the line of +++.

As well as IPB, that's pretty typical in any forum software for it to continue to break the software visually rather than break the line of text. :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

That was a great movie, Fran... the book* on which it was loosely based was excellent too, actually. :)

*fixed link - thanks, Fran!

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, the mailman brought me my official Cisco CCENT certification and wallet ID card today. They're out-of-stock on the decoder rings, though. They must be ordering them from the same Chinese distributor that we are. We haven't issued a Scot's MVP decoder ring in quite some time. :(

I'm still studying. Shooting for 5 April for my ICND2/CCNA exam. :yes:

• Like 1