teacher --Definitely tell 'em to read Jeber's posts!  :blink:
I actually printed quite a few and passed around at lunch! I guess I will have to save up for next week when we go off spring break.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• Temmu

• teacher

I actually printed quite a few and passed around at lunch!
I guess this makes up for all the times I snuck into the teacher's lounge in high school to print copies of my underground, anti-war, anti-establishment, anti-anything else I didn't like at the time newspaper. Never got caught, and saved a bundle in printing costs.
jbredmound

Manual was the guy that took care of my lawn in Phoenix...I miss the heck out of him, too.There are no specific contraindications to eating your computer case, as long as you chew it thoroughly (masticatus totalus).It's your own fault if you are blowing fuses...I hotwired past my breaker box a long time ago.I would not sit naked on a computer tower at a public library...the darn fools would think it was art, and I'm too busy for a second job.And you will not need extension cords if you'll bolt down a 40 hp Coleman gas generator to the bottom shelf of you computer station, like me. AND, it's sound blots out that annoying HD "whirrr".Nuff said. Next thread? (I guess I sewed this one up. Have I kept you in stitches? What makes this a tight knit group are all of these pearls of wisdom. I'm starting to feel a little hemmed in, and I'm afraid I'm going to get buttonholed. See ya! :D

Manual was the guy that took care of my lawn in Phoenix...I miss the heck out of him, too.There are no specific contraindications to eating your computer case, as long as you chew it thoroughly (masticatus totalus).It's your own fault if you are blowing fuses...I hotwired past my breaker box a long time ago.I would not sit naked on a computer tower at a public library...the darn fools would think it was art, and I'm too busy for a second job.And you will not need extension cords if you'll bolt down a 40 hp Coleman gas generator to the bottom shelf of you computer station, like me. AND, it's sound blots out that annoying HD "whirrr".Nuff said. Next thread? (I guess I sewed this one up. Have I kept you in stitches? What makes this a tight knit group are all of these pearls of wisdom. I'm starting to feel a little hemmed in, and I'm afraid I'm going to get buttonholed.  See ya!  :D
Are you trying to take over Jeber's job of chief funny man? :D :D :D :D

Jeber, you Ann Landers (RIP) of computing, please help me with this.All this talk of thin boxers, frying eggs, and warming yourself on computers puts me in mind of this health warning about laptops and, uh ... laps. Should I be afraid? Good gawd, I own three laptops. I'm hoping that you can give out medical advice too!Also, do my laptops need case mods to prevent catastrophe?-- Scot

Jeber, you Ann Landers (RIP) of computing, please help me with this.All this talk of thin boxers, frying eggs, and warming yourself on computers puts me in mind of this health warning about laptops and, uh ... laps. Should I be afraid? Good gawd, I own three laptops. I'm hoping that you can give out medical advice too!Also, do my laptops need case mods to prevent catastrophe?-- Scot
Good case for asbestos slacks.
jbredmound

BERGEN!!!I grew up loving the guy and I get his NAME WRONG!Where's the blushing Smilie...I need the blushing smilie...

jbredmound

Oh, and Scott, as one of the medical professionals in this forum, I can advise you that if you have clocked up your laptops, they don't belong on your lap. If you insist on having them on your lap, don't wear polyester pants (you could be out of commission for a long time. :rolleyes: I might also suggest that you wear welder's gloves when working with any over-clocked laptop, just in case you happen to touch some part other than the keyboard.Cool thing is, the laptops in question make great substitutes for camp stoves! :D

Should I be afraid? Good gawd, I own three laptops.
If you have a lap large enough to hold 3 laptops, yes, you should be afraid, specifically of sitting down in any house with more than 5 cats or three small children. As to your citation...I would have suggested to this gentleman, who already has his government-allowed two children, that he get a vasectomy instead of "accidently" trying to melt his "lap". It would be a less expensive operation than usual, since he wouldn't need anesthesia. Anybody who can NOT notice his lap is on fire would need no anesthesia for a simple vasectomy.A great laptop case mod idea for you - go to your local Sears and buy the most powerful shop vac they sell. Using some of that duct tape you bought for your Homeland Security kit, tape the vac hose to the cooling fan outlet on your laptops. Put the other end of the hose in the outflow port of the vac. Turn on the vac. This should keep your laptops cool enough to avoid accidental "scorching". An alternate possibility: fill your lap with ice cubes. Viola, water cooled laptops. How do you keep your lap dry with this method? Depends!
He is Edgar Bergman. I am Charlie McCarthy
Get off my knee, you dummy! :rolleyes: Edited by Jeber

Yeah, you can laugh. You're a girl. Only a guy can truely appreciate the horror resulting from such a stupid act. And only a guy would commit such a stupid act. Any woman would have noticed immediately and taken the computer off their lap. Only a real guy would just keep typing and swearing and edit/undoing, blissfully unaware of his most valuable possessions being fried alive like a cross-country runner in the sahara.

Yeah, you can laugh.  You're a girl.  Only a guy can truely appreciate the horror resulting from such a stupid act.  And only a guy would commit such a stupid act.  Any woman would have noticed immediately and taken the computer off their lap.  Only a real guy would just keep typing and swearing and edit/undoing,  blissfully unaware of his most valuable possessions being fried alive like a cross-country runner in the sahara.
But I thought guys were sensitive down there!

OK, let's not forget this is a family coffee shop. :blink: Doesn't anyone need a refill?Anybody need advice on how to open up your hard drive and use Windex (owned, I believe, by Microsoft) to clean up those plates in there?? :o

jbredmound

I just put them in the dishwasher...I don't have time to wash them by hand. Except, if I have to use the fire extinguisher, in which case I will hand dry them after I hose them off.

Temmu

he he. :P you jest (i hope)but i saw a guy take apart two hd's (a bad and a good) and attempt to put the spindle from the bad into the good to save it's data.um, no, it didn't work. spun, but didn't work.

you jest (i hope)
Now that you've mentioned it...be sure to read the topic description of this thread. Anyone who tries any of the "advice" posted here is going to be posting a major "Help me, I've totally screwed up my computer" thread before too long. :D
Guest LilBambi
you jest (i hope)
Now that you've mentioned it...be sure to read the topic description of this thread. Anyone who tries any of the "advice" posted here is going to be posting a major "Help me, I've totally screwed up my computer" thread before too long. ;)
Jeber --Good point :lol:
GolfProRM
My brother spilled Kool-aid on my laptop, and now the keyboard doesn't work...  and last night, it wouldn't boot! Is there anyhing I can do?
I basically told him that he's got a giant paperweight now... any other suggestions (in case he comes back? :lol:)
any other suggestions (in case he comes back?
1) Move into your own place.2) See how your parents react to the concept of you being an only child.3) Sell new fancy paperweight to Stryder to use in place of a shovel.
GolfProRM

Thanks Jeber... I'll be sure to remember that if the guy comes in again! :DP.S. Hey Stryder... I've got a nice 8lb paperweight for you! Lemme know if you're interested B) :D B)

jbredmound
Maybe I can do a custom modification job on it and turn it into a swiss army laptop....comes with a slide out shovel, lime dispenser, grass seed spreader, etc.....and I can stay wirelessly connected to the forums while I am busy in the backyard.
And if you put one of those "brush eaters" on the back, you can recycle offensive neighbors, etc, right back into the soil! Was that a stroke of brilliance, or just a stroke? :rolleyes: