Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

• 1 month later...

Screenshotfrom2013-10-30204438_zps7bd9ae57.png

This is the waterfront of the town of Cobh Ireland. Back in 1912 it was called Queenstown and this would have been the last sight of land the embarking Titanic passengers would have had as they went out in the tender to the ship.

The desktop is Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon on my newest AMD A8 desktop build.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 3

Two luverly desktops alpha, specially like the KDE clock, but don't tell anyone I said so.

Now that you have eye candy sorted it might be time to think about naming your luvrly beasts. "eMachines W3503" don't really cut as a name for one of the loves of your life.

May I suggest something more appropriate ? Antikythera has a nice ring to it don'tcha think ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hlkcq

:whistling:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My set-up in CrunchBang 11 ("Waldorf"). Openbox with tint2. I put the panel over to the side -- seems to work out better with the wide screen. sources.list shown in the second shot. As can be seen, it's Debian Wheezy with Openbox and some other CrunchBang stuff added. Definitely a nice alternative to "straight" Debian.

crunchbang1.jpg

crunchbang2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Every year Eric on New Year's eve. It's the only way to keep warm. It is actually minus 7 Fahrenheit without the winshield taken into consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since I have posted my desktop. Not much has changed. Still running Arch w/ Openbox and still rocking the conky's.

a3ecc8300525197.jpg

Edit: Posted wrong pic :)

Edited by ichase

Wow, Conky heaven. It would be great if you could post your configs, scripts, image sources etc. in the Conky thread. So we can steal them. ;)

I thought I did share all of them. They are all pretty old, not much changes to them but when I get some more time, I will repost them along with the lau scripts that go with the info and filesystem conky's. :) Trust me, the only thing I really wrote from scratch was the info conky. The lau script someone else wrote. I just mainly tweak a little here and a little there on most conky's from others that share. :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

hi Eric, hope that you are liking the new job.... i like small windows managers better... like AfterStep, fluxbox,Window Maker and also now playing with Enlightenment e17 ... my first one that i loved was Kahaka some years ago... i havent been able to install it i think they stopped working on in 2004 too bad it was beautiful and light , much lighter and faster then even fluxbox and really beautiful ....

Nice to see that folk were giving good advice way back when. Window Maker rocks. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...